Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Has anyone used the Atmosphere on a black iPhone for an extended amount of time? like a month or so. Has the sides of iPhone been scratched?

I used a Griffin Reveal on my old 4S and after awhile the bezel began showing scratch marks. Maybe it got scratched because I didn't take the phone out often to clean it. Do you recommend cleaning the phone/case when using these types of cases?

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Has anyone used the Atmosphere on a black iPhone for an extended amount of time? like a month or so. Has the sides of iPhone been scratched?

I have the case, but haven't been using it because I was worried about this (I've been using a black/grey Speck Candy Grip, and it's awesome).

So, who's been using this case since launch on a black iPhone? How's the iPhone and the case holding up?

NickRno77

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Hertfordshire, UK
Received my orange today

p1253482998-4.jpg

p1253483270-4.jpg

Last edited:

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
I have the case, but haven't been using it because I was worried about this (I've been using a black/grey Speck Candy Grip, and it's awesome).

So, who's been using this case since launch on a black iPhone? How's the iPhone and the case holding up?

That's awesome feedback on the Speck. So you've been holding out on using the Atmosphere for fear of scuffs? Would the Atmosphere replace your Speck as your daily case if you knew it wouldn't scuff?

----------

Is it possible for the phone to sit on it's side with the Atmosphere case? See photo.

http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2012/09/iphone_imovie_side.jpg

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
Saw this cool video of the Poetic Atmosphere on YouTube today. The orange looks pretty cool on the black slate iPhone 5. Also GLAS.t seems pretty compatible!

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Saw this cool video of the Poetic Atmosphere on YouTube today. The orange looks pretty cool on the black slate iPhone 5. Also GLAS.t seems pretty compatible!

YouTube: video

Nice video, quick and to the point. The Ninja is WTF though haha.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
That's awesome feedback on the Speck. So you've been holding out on using the Atmosphere for fear of scuffs? Would the Atmosphere replace your Speck as your daily case if you knew it wouldn't scuff?

That was my initial reason, but once I got the Speck, I knew it was the perfect case for me. I see no reason to replace the Speck with the Poetic anytime soon. I suppose I will at some point if I get bored with the Speck or if it gets really scuffed up (it still looks great).

Alag28

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2006
just got my PA case in...and i like it alot. however it is VERYY SNUG and HARD on the sides. makes it a pain to take out

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
Has anyone tried removing the Poetic logo off of the Atmosphere with nail polish remover? I love the look of the case but find the logo on the back intrusive.

kthnxshwn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Has anyone tried removing the Poetic logo off of the Atmosphere with nail polish remover? I love the look of the case but find the logo on the back intrusive.

I took the logo off with some rubbing alcohol. Probably the same basic ingredients in nail polish remover.

DTF

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2010
Tried the case, but didn't like it. It was probably the hardest case to get on and off the phone to the point where it just never comes off. Don't like that in a case. I like to be able to take it off to clean when needed. I sent it back. Meh.

kthnxshwn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
That's good to know. Was there any remaining residue left on the case after removing the logo?

No residue, but when I put the case directly in sunlight, you can see where the logo was. It leaves a white imprint of the logo itself.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012

I used a Griffin Reveal on my old 4S and after awhile the bezel began showing scratch marks. Maybe it got scratched because I didn't take the phone out often to clean it. Do you recommend cleaning the phone/case when using these types of cases?

I have been using it for a few weeks and my phone still looks brand new. The scary thing is taking it off but I have taken it off twice now and it hasn't hurt the phone. The trick it to just get the top left corner off and then the phone pops right out. The top left is easiest to get off because the part that covers the volume buttons is the softer than the other areas. I have used the diztronic, switcheasy tones and inicpio frequency but I keep going back to the atmosphere. I have the no name knockoff from ebay for only 7.99 and its by far the best case I have found for the 5.

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
Does anyone have The HiShop Dual Frame Case for the iPhone 5? It looks to be the same as the Poetic Atmosphere but for half the price and without any logo branding on it. Can anyone confirm that it is indeed the same exact case as the Poetic?

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
Does anyone have The HiShop Dual Frame Case for the iPhone 5? It looks to be the same as the Poetic Atmosphere but for half the price and without any logo branding on it. Can anyone confirm that it is indeed the same exact case as the Poetic?

yep. its the same. there are quite a few copies of it now.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
Anyone else having issues with lint getting inside the case. I can see it through the back. I have to remove case every couple days so it won't scratch. Seems odd cause it fits so dang tight. Also having to remove the case sucks cause it's so hard.

Anyone else. Love the case though.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
Does anyone know if there is a holster that works with this case?

I found this one at Wal-Mart and its works perfect for the iPhone 5 with any case I've used including the atmosphere. It has a pretty strong magnet so I haven't had any problems with the phone sliding out. I used a smaller version of the same holster for my iPhone 4s and I really liked them. Wal-Mart is the only place I have found them.

----------

how is the overall quality of this poetic atmosphere case? I might buy one to replace my speck candy shell. I also randomly found they have released a similar case but with front cover, it is like a folio case but it is crystal look all around. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A3KKKNE/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1353312475&sr=8-2&pi=SL75

it looks pretty awesome.

Thats for the iPad mini

thepinched

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2009
just got my poetic atmosphere today...very pleasantly happy. shows off phone...exactly what i wanted.

slim case...not super slippery and not tacky...middle of the road. the wife has a luvvitt hard case clear that is super slippery in comparison.

the bottom lip doesn't sag...it moves. but the bottom is always protected. so no bother really. buttons work great.

the case popped in/out easy...i think they might have listened to the reviews and fixed it.

the form factor is amazing.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
just got my poetic atmosphere today...very pleasantly happy. shows off phone...exactly what i wanted.

slim case...not super slippery and not tacky...middle of the road. the wife has a luvvitt hard case clear that is super slippery in comparison.

the bottom lip doesn't sag...it moves. but the bottom is always protected. so no bother really. buttons work great.

the case popped in/out easy...i think they might have listened to the reviews and fixed it.

the form factor is amazing.
What site did you get it from?

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
I am so torn between getting either the Poetic Atmosphere or the RooCase version or the HiShop version. They look the same in pictures but the reviews vary so drastically between them. Are they manufactured differently as in one case will be better made than the other with different materials?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.