Poll...are you buying a new iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rockos, Jul 17, 2007.


Are you buying a new IMac or Mac mini

  1. NO I already have an IMac or a Mac mini

    19 vote(s)
  2. NO I have a Mac Pro or Macbook or MBP I happy that with that

    18 vote(s)
  3. Yes new 20" IMac

    57 vote(s)
  4. Yes a new 24" IMac

    61 vote(s)
  5. Yes new mac mini if they come out with one

    13 vote(s)
  1. rockos macrumors member

    Jan 27, 2007
    Here is a poll guys. Are you going to buy a new imac or mac mini if they dont kill it.
  2. RainCityMacFan macrumors 6502a

    Jun 10, 2007
    Well I know I'm going to TRY and buy the 20"... w/ a job that pays 6 dollars an hour.... lol...

    I'm only 14...
  3. sndcj1 macrumors member

    May 22, 2007
    As silly as this seems, I've been waiting for quite a while to buy a new iMac... January to be precise. My need went from "gotta have it now" to "I'll wait till it has what I want" when I fixed the ram issue in my current Dual 867. I was having kernel panics about 3-5 times a week, usually after it slept, but ripped out some cheap ram that was installed, and the baby purrs... well... hums... well... ok, its a wind tunnel, but you get the idea. As my current computer still works, I am biding my time, probably new iMac 24" after 10.5 is released. My hope would be a cool redesign with 4 accessible ram slots, and an eSATA port. Not holding my breath, though. I, for one, do hope they keep with the laptop parts. It will be nice to get rid of this power hungry tower, and 17" crt (stop laughing), and replace it with a nice quiet efficient iMac. That'd get rid of a lot of desktop clutter, too. Well, looking forward to what they release.
  4. evs macrumors newbie

    Mar 4, 2007
    i've been waiting since jan too. back then the rumours were "should come out around march / april"

    makes me wonder if i'll still be sitting here in december thinking "back in july the rumours were either july / august or october"
  5. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

    Mar 12, 2007
    I'm going for the 20" but I'm waiting to see what happens with the Mini. If the upgrades to the Mini aren't enough or don't come at all, I will pick up the 20" iMac around November.
  6. siurpeeman macrumors 603


    Dec 2, 2006
    the OC
    i just bought a macbook pro. i like having the option of portability if i need/want it. i can't have that with an imac. still, though, i think the imacs are great, and i hope the new one is good enough to make me second guess my purchase. :)
  7. AcousTronic macrumors newbie

    Jul 11, 2007
    Id already have a 24" if I didn't know about the update... Heck I may pick-up two of the current models for a steal once people start jumping to the new ones. ;)
  8. iBookG4user macrumors 604


    Jun 27, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    I have a MacBook Pro right now and I'm happy with it, although a nice Mac Mini would be a cool second computer.
  9. roland.g macrumors 603


    Apr 11, 2005
    One mile up and soaring
    I've toyed with the idea of a MBP, but really I don't need portability, and don't want to leave it plugged in as a desktop. Slower, small drives, less ports. I would still want a 23" ACD and BT Mouse and Keyboard, so the MBP would just take up space I don't need it to. I doubt I would move it very often, trips maybe, and then that's quite a bit more $$ factoring in the screen. But I've held off getting the current 24" iMac (actually bought a refurb 1.66 Mini in Oct as a holdover to replace my very slow Sawtooth G4 450) and now with the rumors since May of the aluminum look, that essentially forgives Apple for not releasing my ideal setup, a midrange tower and 23" ACD, since I really find the displays very attractive and the WHITE of the iMac, notsomuch.
  10. MacinDoc macrumors 68020


    Mar 22, 2004
    The Great White North
    My family is needing a 2nd computer, so I'm considering a 24" iMac to go along with the MacBook we already have. Of course, my decision would depend on the design and specs of the new model. I've previously owned 2 of the current form factor iMacs and found them to be good value for money and a good match for my needs at the time. Now, however, the current models are a bit too long in the tooth for me, at least in terms of specs and value for money.
  11. siurpeeman macrumors 603


    Dec 2, 2006
    the OC
    i see what you mean. since i purchased my macbook pro, i've taken it out of the house only once, and i rarely take it out of my room. i often look at my cinema display and think how great it would be if the imac looked just like it. then people would really ask where the computer went.
  12. vendettabass macrumors 6502a


    Jul 8, 2006
    Wellington, New Zealand
  13. superlatic macrumors regular

    Jun 17, 2007
    Leeds, UK
    only bummer for me re the mini is the laptop hard disk.

    pprobs gonna make the most of my HE discount whilst I still have it and get a pimped up 24" with 4GB Ram :)
  14. wanderlust4ever macrumors member

    Mar 5, 2007
    Yeah. A beautiful 24in white imac, no bull**** brushed aliminium.
  15. dmw007 macrumors G4


    May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    Depending on the specs I might buy a 24" iMac, otherwise I will probably just wait for a revised Mac Pro. :) :apple:
  16. thesdx macrumors 6502a

    Jul 12, 2007
    Yes. I can wait until August 7th if that rumor is really true. I was thinking they'd be introduced at the :apple: Paris Expo, but what about the back-to-school crowd (like me)? So, I hope they really do unleash the new iMacs on Aug. 7.
  17. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus


    Jan 15, 2006
    The Kop
    Probably get a mac mini, vaguely hoping for an update from the GMA950
  18. diehardmacfan macrumors regular

    Mar 12, 2007
    purchasing a 24 inch right when it comes out. I am 14 and i have been saving for one for such a long time. I will be so excited when i get this to replace my ibook g3 700. This will look so nice no matter what color it is on my desk. I will have to see how i will configure it depending on how muich gets upgraded. I really hope that the price of the 24 gets gets reduced at least 100 dollars or mabey 200.
  19. SolidShadow macrumors member

    Jul 2, 2007
    New Brunswick, Canada
    I've thought about a 24" imac but I'll probably get a Mac Pro next week instead.
    It's a little more expensive but I'd like the potential expandability.
  20. Maxington macrumors 6502

    May 11, 2007
    Oshkosh, WI
    I already have a MBP v1.0 and am now looking for a new home desktop to replace my PC :) So I will most likely go with the 20" unless the prices comes down a bit on the 24" or the specs are worth it...
  21. ezzie macrumors 68020


    Sep 7, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    my sentiments exactly. :cool:
  22. txcoast macrumors newbie

    Nov 27, 2006
    I bought my 20" iMac in January. Glad to have had it for the past 6 months instead of waiting. ;)
  23. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

    Jun 30, 2005
    If the new iMac blows me away, probably. I really want a large desktop machine and a slightly less powerful laptop setup. I love my MacBook for doing blogging and web stuff. But an iMac would help me with video and photo work. :)
  24. emozolik macrumors newbie

    May 2, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yes, keep them white! And black! Either way I am taking advantage of the of the back-to-school promo, but im waiting till September to see if we get anything new (my guess is not until Oct, but thats a different thread;))
    As long as they STAY WHITE and get a nice graphics bump, i will be a happy camper. If we dont see any updates, Im probably just going to get the 17" 2.0 w/x1600 graphics to qualify for the $200 ipod rebate. I figure i dont want to blow too much on the slightly dated technology, but i want something that can at least play some newer games.
  25. outlandos macrumors regular

    Jun 7, 2007

Share This Page