iPad Poll: are you buying the iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MadeByApple, Oct 29, 2015.

?

Are you buying an iPad Pro?

1. Yes

59.0%
  2. No

41.0%
  1. MadeByApple macrumors member

Now that release is getting closer, what are you planning to do?

2. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I've been in #shutupandtakemymoney mode since it was announced with a pressure sensitive stylus. As a hobbyist sketcher / creative, I'm in.

3. sunapple macrumors 6502a

sunapple

Wanted this for school use. Teacher just told me we're going to use drawing tablets with our computers for scetching (product design). Sure, Wacom tablets are a standard and I think it's important to master them. Still, the iPad Pro can be a canvas for easy and direct on-the-go scetching; I'm most certainly going to get both. Just costs a lot (a lot) of money :confused:

4. newellj macrumors 601

5. kevink2 macrumors 65816

6. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I'll be honest - I'd love one but simply can't justify it: I need a laptop for my work (I'm a developer) and my air 2 is all the iPad I need

If I was an artist, I'd be all over it, but as it is I got a rMB as my ultra portable machine as it suits my needs better

7. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I will buy one and when the next model comes out I will sell it and get the newer model; hopefully it will have more features to compete better with the Surfaces.

8. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

As I posted on another thread, I am a semi-serious amateur photographer, so the larger screen for editing my photos (whether taken on the iPad Pro, or on my iPhone 6s Plus, or on my Sony DSLR) is very important to me.

I'm also looking forward to being able to have 2 apps open at the same time. I'm doing that now on my iPad Air 2, but the larger real estate of the iPad Pro will make this much easier to do.

Comparing all the specs I see the iPad Pro as simply a larger version of my iPad Air 2, and that is certainly not a bad thing. As a matter of fact it is a most welcome thing.

This is my opinion, ymmv.

9. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

10. klover macrumors 6502a

Buying online and evaluating. Always wanted a larger iPad akin to size of Surface. Provided the weight and from feel good to me, I'll be keeping it. The older I get the larger I like my screens.

11. ziggo macrumors 6502

ziggo

Yes. I'll be trading in my iPad Air 2

iPhone 6S Plus, 4 the Genration Apple TV, and IPad Pro to make the cypher complete

12. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

Waiting to see if I need it for course-work, so no, not buying the 1st gen. I want to see how much creative use I get from my iPad Mini 4 too.

13. Undo macrumors member

Yes. For me, it's a good size as a lap-pad. I think I could be better on an iPad if I had free use of both hands with the iPad sitting on my lap. (One of my main uses for it will be in weekly auditorium settings for research, study, and note taking.) It's big enough that I will be able to see the content without holding it up or slouching over it, and I won't have to lock my knees together to rest it on my lap without fear of it slipping through my legs, as I have to do when using an Air.

I'll get the Pencil (for illustration) but not the Smart Keyboard. I'm really intrigued by Logitech's CREATE keyboard, designed for the Pro. The product page says they worked with Apple to make it, it takes advantage of the Smart Connector for instant connection, and it never needs pairing or charging. And then it says: "Shhh. We can’t say more right now. But we can say CREATE will make more possible with your iPad Pro. From day one."

I hate reading too much into things but that, along with the tongue-in-cheek secrecy, sounds as if the CREATE will add functionality--above and beyond a keyboard--that the Pro doesn't have. I will wait and see.

14. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    I'll buy it for sure, just waiting on Apple to officially announce it's release date. :)

Kal.

15. 960design macrumors 68000

Yep, getting one for development. Keeping my iPad Air 2 for daily running around, but will get an iPad Pro just because I gotta.

16. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

17. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

Yes. It'll be useful for school to use since my rmbp dies too quick and I love iOS. I'm also using it to test apps for my programming job. I wouldn't be getting it though if my employer didn't pay for it since it's a lot of money for a tablet that doesn't have a full os.

18. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

I'm buying one. I almost got the Macbook when it was first released but someone said that it's very basic. I wanted the Mac Air but they won't update the dang thing. So, I'm glad I didn't get the Macbook. Kept my 2012 15 inch Macbook Pro and will now get the iPad Pro. The perfect pair for me! :D

19. imlovinit macrumors 6502

imlovinit

It looks cool but gonna have to pass. I just don't have a need for one.

20. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

Definately. Personal treat. Updating from ipad2.

21. CC117 macrumors 6502

CC117

Yes. Already sold my iPad Air 2 in preparation. I don't need it for the "pro" purposes. I'm not an artist or anything. I simply want a bigger screen for media consumption. I have a mini 4 for portability so this will be my at home/when I travel for long trips iPad. Looking forward to it. Hurry up Apple! :p

22. Saturn1217 macrumors 6502a

No. I think it looks nice but I'll be waiting for some of the features to trickle down to the 9.7 inch iPad. Especially the pencil. I don't think I could use an iPad for the kind of work where a bigger screen would help.

23. newellj macrumors 601

But are you actually going to buy one? ;)

24. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

No interest in the Pro for me. I just got a Mini 4. Something as big and expensive as the Pro only makes sense to me if it can replace my laptop, and with a mobile OS lacking true file browsing/management system, it can't.

25. Macalway macrumors 68000

To be honest, I don't know. They ARE very expensive. And in some ways a bit boring. The pen is cool, and the speakers, but that lightning cable is sooo yesterday. They should have pulled all stops. Now, it may be too late if these don't sell.

Just my 2