Poll: Are you buying the new iPhone this summer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yalag, May 14, 2009.

?

Are you buying the new iPhone this summer?

1. I am buying it regardless of price and new features

74 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. I will wait and see

86 vote(s)
    45.3%
  3. I am NOT buying it regardless of price and new features

30 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. yalag macrumors 65816

Poll: Are you buying the new iPhone this summer?

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

yes. I held on to my 2G rather than upgrading to the 3G, and now I want all the new features as well as the full functionality of the 3.0 software. I've also used up my 8 GB, so I'll need to at least go up to 16, and will probably go for 32, if available, for future-proofing.

4. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I will be buying 2 iPhones this summer (one for me and one for my wife), regardless of what features it gets. I've held off for the past two versions, so this is the one I will finally get.

5. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

yeah, I'll buy one. I've had the original iPhone since it came out (4GB, then 8GB, then 16GB). Nothing wrong with the phone itself by any means, but I just want something new. I planned on upgrading to a 3G last Christmas when I thought a 32GB model would be released. Assuming there's a 32GB released with the next iteration, I'll jump on it. Plus having faster 3G speeds and now perhaps built in Nike+/Compass/Whatever else is new will be welcome. I'm interested to see what the next gen will look like. I much prefer the metal of the original, but I'll admit the white has grown on me even if it is plastic.
    Not looking forward to being back on a contract, but whatever.

6. Andruw91 macrumors regular

Going to be my first and hopefully it will be a 32gb

7. FearNo1 macrumors 6502a

If data plan drops to $20 per month, I prob will get the iphone. I prob will jailbreak it too due to it being gimped by at+t and apple.

8. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

If it's matte plastic, 32GB, and a better battery I'm thinking the wife and I will be upgrading our Gen 1s this summer...

Cheers.

-J.-

9. Andruw91 macrumors regular

Since I don't have one now, and I've been waiting to buy one since November 08 I plan on getting one no matter what new features are going (or not going) to be there. The only thing I think might change my mind is I read a few things saying there isn't going to be an announcement at WWDC, but their may be a iphone event later in June. I find this odd having two events in one month, but then again who knows. It is Apple after all

10. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I'll probably be tempted to "upgrade", but since I would have to pay full price, I'll hold on to my 3G until my contract expires in '10. Although I may see what 16gb 3g iPhone prices are going for IF a new iPhone is released. I may upgrade my 8gb to 16gb white.

11. archipellago macrumors 65816

nope, overrated, overpriced.

Much better out there for less

12. magiic macrumors regular

magiic

The first one wasn't available in Canada. I left for New Zealand shortly after the second one came out. I will be getting the third one day one regardless.

13. FearNo1 macrumors 6502a

Which fones do u consider as being much better?

14. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

15. archipellago macrumors 65816

purely as an actual phone....??

pretty much anything!

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

17. statik13 macrumors regular

Probably hold off for a bit. I want to see how it compares to the Palm Pre first.

18. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Only if they offer a matte screen option.

(joking :)

19. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

lol

20. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

I voted that I will be buying the new one for sure. However, if those reports that have been posted by a Chinese iphone forum that the new iPhone looks pretty much identical to the current one, I may not upgrade immediately. I might wait tell next January when I can upgrade at a discount. If it looks alot different and "cooler" than the current one I will probably begin standing in line the night before the release:D

21. shuffles macrumors 6502

shuffles

Definitely if O2 allows me to do so. Although everyones saying that the upgrade will be minimal ie ram , memory, camera etc, I think Apple will change it enough to warrant existing users or ppl who were not tempted by the first 2 versions to buy it.

22. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

If it has new features that I will actually use and has a good, quality build... Otherwise I'll just hold onto my 3G.

23. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Will wait and see. Then if it's worth it, will wait till there are no lines. :D

24. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

I'll definitely have to see if it's worth it. I don't think I am eligible to upgrade until around August though.

25. alphatectz macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

i'll wait and see how the "new iPhone" looks and how stable it is. my fiance keeps on bugging me to get off my iphone she says that i love it more then her.... (it might be true, lol) but yet i had a 2g then moved onto a 3g, i still like my 2g but i love the 3g speed and how thin it is, if apple makes this new iphone thinner then i'll just stick with my 3g, but then again if they keep the new model the same way as the 3g but with a matte back and a front and back camera, also cant forget the video i'll get the new iPhone. :D