Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coke or Pepsi?

• Coke

Votes: 198 60.9%
  • Pepsi

Votes: 127 39.1%

• Total voters

emmi

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2007
I used to not be able to tell the difference between them haha. I'd prefer a coke over a pepsi because it's not as sweet, although I don't drink sodas anymore.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
I don't drink either or any soda for that matter, haven't for almost four years. I was forced to drink it at a HIN event though cause Pepsi was the only beverage they were handing out for free and afterwards my stomach hurt. Don't drink soda! It destroys your enamel and causes staining!

Got to love H20!

i second that!!! water is good for you. haven't really drunk soda since i was 10 years old, expect for a slight soda binge during high school and first year or so of college. i forgot the last time i had soda...it's been months, even though my family drinks the stuff, especially my brother.

i also hate that in most college parties, they don't even have water to drink, it's just soda...and it's full of high fructose corn syrup, which is much worse than regular soda. we're telling america's youth that soda is okay? no way.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I don't drink either or any soda for that matter, haven't for almost four years. I was forced to drink it at a HIN event though cause Pepsi was the only beverage they were handing out for free and afterwards my stomach hurt. Don't drink soda! It destroys your enamel and causes staining!

Got to love H20!

Prior to the development of Coca-Cola, there were toothbrushes and dentifrice/toothpaste. Pepsi was originally supposed to calm your stomach, not hurt it.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I voted coke, but admitted to prefer Pepsi Max over Coke's sugar free alternatives... now, after the introduction of Coke Zero, even that has changed. Despite the insanely lame TV ad for it, and other shady marketing ploys, I much prefer Coke Zero over any other sugar free colas... :)

300_cokezero.jpg

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
Guarana

im sorry but that beat EVERYTHING!

Anyone else live near Atlanta,Georgia? The have the Coke factory tour and in the last part thaey have a HUGE fountain section were you can drink all the different kinds of softdrink you want!

AND they even have a "World" section that has drinks from around the world. Bently's anyone?:D

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
diet soda i think is worse...

they usually put sugar substitutes, which are usually worse than the actual sugars in diet sodas, so i avoid those as well, more than the regular stuff.

this goes for alot of the light versions of sweet snacks as well.

apple1984

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2006
usa
Coke to the max! Up here in Ohio, you can buy sucrose coke if you look hard enough. It is amazing. It's got such a natural taste compared to the high fructose slop. Although I do enjoy the occasional Mountain Dew.

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
they usually put sugar substitutes, which are usually worse than the actual sugars in diet sodas, so i avoid those as well, more than the regular stuff.

this goes for alot of the light versions of sweet snacks as well.

Exactly, I try to avoid artificial and modified sugar. I also find this ironic: Those who drink diet soda think they will lose weight which in fact the won't. If you understand how caffeine works (diuretic), you'll know that it inhibits the absorption of water which causes you to urinate more. Loss of water means cells can't function. If cells can't function, you can't lose weight!

H20 Baby!

Prior to the development of Coca-Cola, there were toothbrushes and dentifrice/toothpaste. Pepsi was originally supposed to calm your stomach, not hurt it.

I should have said that the gas makes my stomach hurt and not Pepsi. But regardless if toothbrushes, etc were made prior to Coke, its acidic enough to destroy enamel which will then cause stains. No wonder why they use Coke to clean up blood on highway/roads cause its so acidic. Try placing a piece of steak in a pool of Coke, it'll be gone in the morning.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Guarana

Agree with you there. First had some down in Brazil, but haven't had any for awhile now.

BTW - I love revived threads. How do you people find and drag these up, anyway? :p

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I should have said that the gas makes my stomach hurt and not Pepsi. But regardless if toothbrushes, etc were made prior to Coke, its acidic enough to destroy enamel which will then cause stains. No wonder why they use Coke to clean up blood on highway/roads cause its so acidic. Try placing a piece of steak in a pool of Coke, it'll be gone in the morning.

It's up to you to brush your teeth. Any number of things make stains on your teeth, including probably, plain air.

I know how caustic Coca-Cola is. I used to clean my car battery terminals with it.

phillipjfry

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2006
Peace in Plainfield
Guarana

Anyone else live near Atlanta,Georgia? The have the Coke factory tour and in the last part thaey have a HUGE fountain section were you can drink all the different kinds of softdrink you want!

AND they even have a "World" section that has drinks from around the world. Bently's anyone?:D

OMG when I first went to Vegas, I went to a coke factory (the soda one) and they had something like that there! I had so much soda that day. As soon as we made our way back to the hotel (we walk everywhere), all the soda combined into a giant ball of foam which proceeded to leave my stomach and out onto the sidewalk (of course, everyone was watching :( ).
Me + Heat + soda = special vacation memories for other people except me

I live on diet soda, the real stuff is too sweet.

ezzie

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2006
Baltimore, MD
... I went to a coke factory (the soda one) ...

hah! that's a different thread entirely. :p

the only time i drink dark soda is when i have rum...which isn't all that often anymore. when i do have rum, it's coke all the way.

my husband fell in love with me 6 years ago at college, when i'd come to the dorm lobby to get myself a barq's red creme soda (the best soda on earth!)...he knew i got one every afternoon, so he'd wait in the lobby to talk to me. :)

so soda can be a good thing...it can bring people together. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.