Poll: Did you purchase AppleCare?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by viachicago22, Apr 10, 2015.

?

Did you purchase AppleCare?

Poll closed Apr 24, 2015.
  1. Yes

81 vote(s)
    37.9%
  2. No

133 vote(s)
    62.1%
  1. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

No. it's a waste of money.

2. PLamarine macrumors 6502

PLamarine

3. Mildredop macrumors 68020

Apple care is such a waste. Unless I'm mistaken, the product comes with a 12 month warranty anyway. Apple Care is just expensive insurance that adds another 12 months (by which time you'll have moved on to the new Apple Watch).

4. MellowMonkey42 macrumors newbie

C) I will when I get my watch. ApplePay works FAST. So I fast I forgot to add AppleCare.

5. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

6. Tezcatlipoca macrumors regular

Tezcatlipoca

7. viachicago22 thread starter macrumors 6502

viachicago22

Same here! I think this time it may actually be worth it. 2 damage repairs even with the copay could be very important.

8. satterjm macrumors newbie

^This

9. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Yep same happened to me! No hurries I guess. I'll just go to the Apple Store and get it once I have the watch.

10. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

yes. I think people talking about extended warranty through a c/c company do not understand the difference between applecare and applecare+ (manufacture warranty and ac+)

11. antdub22 macrumors member

antdub22

No was more concerned with getting the watch , you can always buy Apple care later , 30 days I think right

12. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Yeah , why not it's only 50 bucks . That's cheap . Thought about it for half a second then added to my order lol. Did Apple pay and immediate got my email for,

Delivery date:

4/24-5/8
    for 42mm Space Grey Sport

⌚️

13. dilap macrumors 6502a

$49? Its £49 in the UK! 50 dollars = roughly £34!

Have to consider if its worth it.

14. philbo7 macrumors regular

philbo7

No, I'm most likely going to get version 2 in a year or two (whenever it comes out) so I ordered the 42mm sport with no extra bands and no warranty. $399 + tax is enough spending for me.

15. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I didn't, my home insurance has got a seriously good accidental damage policy and it covers me for anywhere in the world, I always make sure of that so that should be enough for me.

Having said that, for the first time ever I am actually considering AppleCare+ once the watch arrives, just for the extra peace of mind and the fact that Apple will be a damn sight quicker than my insurers at sorting out a problem in the unlikely event of something happening.

Plus my plan is to skip version 2 and buy version 3 of the  Watch (yeah, lets see how that goes lol) so the cover will have run out by then.

16. My Name is URL macrumors 6502

Got AppleCare+ for my iPhone 6 cause I consider that to be worth it. For the Apple Watch, I'm not sure. I'll decide later on. Was more concerned getting my order in quickly.

17. rosario1990 macrumors regular

Didn't do that yet. But thinking to go forward.

18. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

What time did you order? By the time the Apple Store was up for me the Space Grey was already at May b

19. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

12:02 am pacific time

20. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

The year of applecare included only covers manufacturer defects. The add-on applecare is applecare+ which covers up to 2 instances of accidental damage. Although you must pay a deductible with applecare+, the total cost is less than the cost of a repair without applecare+.

21. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

I'm thinking of adding AppleCare... I did not get it when I submitted my order, but for only $50 or whatever it is, seems like a reasonable investment. These things are only going to have a shelf life of about 2 years anyway, so the entire term would be covered by apple care. More than any other product, this one seems more at risk of water/scratch/crack/etc, as it is attached to the outside of your body at all times.

But I guess I am in the minority with that opinion

22. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Why bother?

1) It's on your wrist so no risk of dropping it. Sure, there's a slight risk when putting it on but pretty difficult to do with the link bracelet which you must slip your wrist through before clasping.

2) It's IPX7 water resistant so the standard warranty will cover it. Unless you do something stupid like go diving with it or you say you went swimming with it deeper than 1 meter for longer than 30 min.

3) Scratches are considered "normal wear and tear" and not covered under AC+ anyway.

Just purchase it with a credit card (preferably Amex) that doubles the warranty.

23. leenak macrumors 68020

I normally buy applecare for everything else. I figure I'll only have this one until I get tired of it or until the second gen is released.

24. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

No. I intend to add it after I've received my watch. I was just so focused on getting the order in this morning.