Poll: Have you used the wifi music store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by megfilmworks, Sep 30, 2007.

?

Have you browsed or purchased a song on the wifi iTunes store?

1. Yes, browsed it.

32 vote(s)
    22.4%
  2. Yes, purchased one or more songs

58 vote(s)
    40.6%
  3. No, but probably will.

17 vote(s)
    11.9%
  4. Never will I visit the Dark Side!

36 vote(s)
    25.2%
  1. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Have you browsed and/or purchased a song on the wifi iTunes store?

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I haven't bought anything from the store but I have previewed many songs there.

3. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

Hmm, I was expecting a poll.

I haven't used it yet for the simple fact that in order to get on our campus wireless, you need 802.1x support. I'll start using it I'm sure once the phone gets 802.1x.

4. Juggler9000 macrumors newbie

I've browsed it because it was new and I wanted to check it out. Realistically though, if I'm near wifi to use it, I'm near my computer. I've never been out and about and said, I need this song. Now. I doubt I'll ever buy anything with it.

5. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

have browsed the wifi store but will probably never use it. nice option I guess just in case.

6. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I downloaded one song just to check it out. Probably won't use it again.

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I've been thinking it means the store will be offering something else that we like to be able to get more or less on impulse. I haven't figured out what it is yet, and I don't think it's necessarily music or video. Makin' me crazy.

I mean... what's like virtual bubblegum or candy or batteries or lotto tix? That Steve & Co have craftily realized they're well placed to roll out?

SOFTWARE....... yum...

You WiFi your purchase because you're having coffee talking up whatever it is with your pals, and three or four of you buy it via WiFi to prove you're really into it and everyone goes home and the thing is DL to your desktop already. Or better yet, you WiFi your purchase and it's an app runs on your f'g iPhone!!

Yes, that's it. WiFi purchase of music is a maybe ok sometime. WiFi purchase of hot new app for iPhone would be way cool. Instantly installed, syncs over to your backup later. Nice for Apple, it won't be 1.99 a pop.

8. megfilmworks thread starter macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

9. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Out of the box I thought apple would charge for any software/3rd party additions. I didn't think about doing it through the wifi store but that makes sense. Everything a revenue generator, be it through wifi tunes or wifi'n new software widgets onto your phone.

10. The General macrumors 601

Nope, and won't until it's made to work on EDGE, 3rd party apps are allowed and don't void warranty, and DRM-free songs are $.99.

Why does iTunes still sell DRM'd EMI tracks? WHY?

11. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I have bought two CDs and about 7 singles. I plan to buy more.

12. Cyclotrode macrumors regular

Cyclotrode

I've browsed it and previewed a few songs, but haven't bought anything yet.

13. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I bought The Replacements' "Pleased to Meet Me" album the other night. Easy purchase method, and incredibly fast download.

14. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

Browse it sometimes when I'm bored and have access to wifi. Bought one song just to see how it works from start to finish (works nicely!), but since I don't generally buy much through iTunes, I don't think I'll be buying much through the itwfms...

15. timmmmyboy macrumors newbie

I bought one song as a test right after the update. It worked fine, although my campus wifi must have had the bandwidth throttled down (perhaps they thought it looked like P2P traffic or something) because the download took 30 minutes.

Later when I got home I purchased the David Crowder Band album and the entire album downloaded in ~7 minutes (satellite internet).

16. carman63 macrumors regular

Whoops, I guess I voted wrong. I've previewed songs on it while at a free wifi area, then went to my desktop to purchase an album.

17. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

I bought a song just to try it out, and I have to say it was pretty nice and simple.

18. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

bought one song to try it out....Its great to preview songs...would use it more if they had videos

19. GTiPhone macrumors regular

100% the most usesless addition to iPhone imaginable. I would probably think more of it if it had been included to begin with instead of being the first major addition to iPhone, what a joke.

I've browsed it, previewed songs, and bought one song to make sure it worked, but I will never use it.

You'd have a hard time refuting this sentence:

Without access to EDGE it is 100% useless.
    --------

Someone, anyone, explain to me why this is the leading feature of 1.1.1 and not iChat!!????????????

20. calvy macrumors 65816

I couldn't agree more with that, especially the last line. Most of my music in my library has not originated in the iTunes music store. I might have started to actually buy a song or two from them if I could do it while out and about, on the train, or wherever. But having to be on wifi makes it useless to me.

I've been waiting since I bought my iPhone the day after launch for a usefull app to come from Apple with a feature update. Or hell, even a useful feature. Nothing at all yet. I've even rolled back to 1.0.2 from 1.1.1 so I could get my Summerboard app back. There was nothing in 1.1.1 that made it worth sticking with to me.

21. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I don't always want to be sitting down with my laptop.

Yesterday I was sitting out on the deck and read an article about music and bought the album on itunes 2 minutes later on my iPhone.

Could I have walked across the house, logged into my laptop and done the same thing?

Sure, but I was quite happy to not have to.

Don't confuse an "it would be better if" situation with an "it is useless" situation.

22. megfilmworks thread starter macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

I didn't think I would use it, but I have already bought 5 songs. It is very convenient. Seems very fast too. By the way I walked by Starbucks yesterday and my iPhone asked to join the network where a multi language disclaimer TOS page came up for the iTunes store. That feature seems destined to sell a lot of tunes.

23. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I usually got to Starbucks 3 times a week before class. This will make more that much more likely to go.

24. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

25. shane1598 macrumors member