Poll -- How many more stupid iPhone reports on MacRumors before release?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by WannaGoMac, Jun 21, 2007.

?

How many more stupid iPhone reports on MacRumors before June 29?

1. 0 - 20

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. 20 - 40

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. 40 - 60

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Infite so I'm not coming back till June 30

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. WannaGoMac macrumors 65816

Coming today to my favorite mac site I finally reached my fill on this iPhone news reports. My god, HOW MANY of these inane articles do we need to see on iPhone?? This site is MAC RUMORS not Apple Rumors or iPhone News!!!

Today it was
    Apple iPhone Preparation and Testing,
    tomorrow it will be
    Apple iPhone bathroom use and etiquette-- will iPhone be able to replace your toilet paper??

So I ask you the MacRumors community, how many more stupid iPhone reports will we see by June 29?

BTW,this is a joking post :)

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

It's gonna be iPhone-crazy for a while until it's out there.

Remember people said the same thing about the Apple TV when it came out. (How many Apple TV stories can we have...)

arn

3. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Ah yes, the "me" sociiety is alive and kicking. Good to know.

4. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

I don't mind them, personally.....keep 'em coming. The more they talk about it, the more I realize how I can't afford it, though. :(

5. WannaGoMac thread starter macrumors 65816

huh?

6. dernhelm macrumors 68000

dernhelm

As always, Ms. Swann, just one more. :D

7. bartelby macrumors Core

If you think it's bad now, just wait for the billion and one "ZOMG!!! THE PLASTIC SCRATCHED WTF!!!!!" type threads!:rolleyes:

8. WannaGoMac thread starter macrumors 65816

haha, you're so right! lol :D:p

9. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

So you don't care for the iPhone. Before this madness, we would see people complaining about all the coverage devoted to iPods. The point is, if it is relevant to Apple, it's relevant to this site. But, you (among others) don't seem to understand that. Rather, the coverage on the site should be limited to what you feel is relevant to you. But, I don't blame you. We have developed a "me" society where if something doesn't appeal to a given individual, it is a waste of time. The concept of ignoring something is so strange, that many can't comprehend it. Look, if you are really that unhappy with the coverage being devoted to the iPhone, then go away until July 29th. That should give you time to wait for the coverage to die down. But, it will be easier to just shrug it off and just continue to enjoy everything else the site has to offer.

And if you really need a fix before the end of July, maybe you can go here. Go to the topic you are interested in. Any front page story will have related threads in the proper forum (and I'm sure there will even be some in the wrong forums).

10. WannaGoMac thread starter macrumors 65816

I wasn't around during the "Ipod mania" so i can't possibly know about this issue. I come here because it is Mac Rumors. If it is apple rumors then perhaps they should switch the domain to AppleRumors.com instead? Not sure why you are so accusatory about this whole "me", of course it is about "me" because "ME" is coming to macrumors.com.

Anyway, I am just kidding around. Loosen up and don't take this so seriously. :)

11. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i thought that the poll with the "i'm not coming back till June 30th" thing made pretty much clear that this is a not so seriuos thread. loosen up, it's fun with a mix of frustration about the iPhone hype. nothing more.

it will be different when the new iMac's come out and it was different when the powerbook G5 hype was around. that are fully justified hypes. and i'm still waiting for a santa rosa Macbook................

12. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Infinite - note the spelling

This made me giggle inside.