Poll: If the iPhone 5 turns out to be nothing like the leaks, how would you react?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saintforlife, Sep 9, 2012.

?

Your reaction if iPhone 5 design turns out to be completely different from the leaks?

1. Ecstatic!: That Apple pulled of a coup

96 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Unhappy: Because you'd already mentally prepared yourself for what the iPhone 5 would look like

7 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. Indifferent: Doesn't make a difference to me either way

57 vote(s)
    35.6%
  1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

If the leaked designed of the iPhone 5 turn out to be false, and Apple unveils a completely new never before seen device that is both taller and wider, how would you react?

2. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

I really wouldn't be surprised because I haven't bought into the rumors yet. I'm just waiting for the keynote.

3. ET iPhone Home, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012

ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

If this happened, I know I'd be ecstatic. And I'm sure it's going to look awesome. This is exactly what I'm hoping will happen.

4. Virinprew macrumors 6502

5. ek9max macrumors regular

Well I'm pretty happy with the leaked designs. So it doesn't make much difference to me.

But if it came out half as thin, and smaller case with the same size screen, with edge to edge screen, I would be happy!

6. eastercat, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012

eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I'd think that Cook did well on his promise to clamp down on leaks. :p
    Can't wait for Tuesday.

ETA: D'oh! The event is on Wednesday.

7. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

You mean Wednesday...

8. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

I was all like.. alright only two days!

DAMNIT its three days!!

9. John Adams macrumors regular

As someone who is pretty new to following Apple and how they release their new products, how likely is it that they have kept the new iPhone completely secret? Aren't there always leaks that prove to be fairly accurate?

10. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I think a lot people would be secretly relieved.

11. gta50419 macrumors 6502

Im expecting it to be totally different.
    I'll actually be Shocked if what we're seeing now is the real thing.

12. FelixDerKater macrumors 68020

FelixDerKater

It would be awesome to know that they were able to string us along with a fake product, and then have something they actually kept secret to reveal to the world. *dreaming*

Then again, for some reason, I have it in my mind that there will be more than one phone released on Wednesday.

13. aleni macrumors 68020

i'd be the first to post a sarcasm post to those who are doubting the "doubling on secrecy"

14. ek9max macrumors regular

I would bet a lot of money that it is EXACTLY like the leaks that we have seen.

15. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

If its bigger than 4 inches and has a different look from the leaks I will buy. The Galaxy note 2 is all but confirmed on Verizon and could be the device to replace my phone and tablet. And yes, I do have big pockets. The Samsung 3 is old news; bring on the bigger Note with quad core on Verizon LTE. Apple is really going to have to surprise me and the iPhone 4SS (stretched) will not do it for me.

16. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

17. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You're right. I keep forgetting that not all apple events happen on Tuesday. :eek:

18. myditka macrumors member

19. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

I'd be glued to the interwebs watching all the angry little heads pop like a giant bowl of rice crispies in disappointment and rage after investing all their expectations in to the rumors. If a device is released and there are no real surprises, then I'll just do the same thing because just as many people will implode over the naming convention anyways regardless of what it's called. Pure entertainment no matter which way it spins. :)

20. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

At this point I just want the reveal to happen. I don't care if it is a toaster or an iPhone, let's just get it over with.

21. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

It won't make any difference to me one way or the other. I was waiting for the announcement of the new iPhone to form an opinion of it anyway.