Poll on WIFI/Cell issues w 8 and 8.0.2 updates

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by rjjacobson, Sep 29, 2014.

?

Iphone 6 and 6 Plus Cell and WIFI problems Poll

Poll closed Oct 29, 2014.
  1. I have issues with WIFI only

61.5%
  2. I have issues with Cell dropping and loss only

7.7%
  3. I have cell and WIFI issues

15.4%
  4. I have had these issues with 8.0 and 8.0.2

38.5%
  5. Issues only appeared with updates (8.0.1 and 8.0.2)

17.9%
  6. I have a 16 GB 6 or 6 plus

2.6%
  7. I have a 64 GB 6 or 6 plus

51.3%
  8. I have a 128 GB 6 or 6 plus

15.4%
  9. I am from U.S

71.8%
  10. I am from Europe

17.9%
  11. I am from SE Asia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. I am from Australia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. I am from other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. I have downgraded or otherwise solved problem?

7.7%
  1. rjjacobson macrumors 6502a

rjjacobson

Ok I am going to try to use polls a bit more effectively here. I have a great 6 Plus 128 GB that has absolutely no Cell, WIFI issues works well in 8.0 (and have left that way). I am curious if there are patterns, faulty phones, or too random to quantify.

Thanks for your input

2. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

No issues with IOS 7 on iPad air and mini and android phone. IOS 8 and 8.0.2 with issues on iPad air, iPad mini and iphone 6! So slow it's almost unusable. I've tried all of the "fixes" and even resetting the router (new AirPort Extreme). No luck. Boo

3. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

No issues on 128GB iPhone 6 running 8.0.2. I had no wifi issues on 8.0, but I did have slow LTE, which I fixed before the update.

I was warned soon enough that I skipped 8.0.1 and its accompanying problems.

4. rjjacobson thread starter macrumors 6502a

rjjacobson

Ok I see you have had issues with 8.0 on your original 6 I am curious how many who have issues had them from beginning. Mine has been flawless but i also am avoiding updating to 8.0.2 because all I have read on forums and such seem to not be clear it is just a iphone 6 issue yet but more the udpates and iOS 8 in general.

----------

cool for you then the 8.0.2 did not cause trouble then.

5. rjjacobson thread starter macrumors 6502a

rjjacobson

Ok after following for weekend and two days this week, I have found my ipad air 128 no problems with 8.0.2. My 6 plus 128 no problems with factory 8.0 so I put 8.0.2 and it runs as good as factory 8 no problems so far. Have not backed up though to itunes yet so I could go back to my 8.0 backup.

Speeds on speed test no improvement at work high speed fiber (60 Mbps down average, 30 Mbps up, this is compared to my iPad air 128 with 140 Mbps down and 30 Mbps up on 8.0.2.

6. dadooo macrumors member

What else is there to say?:confused::mad:

Attached Files:

7. rjjacobson thread starter macrumors 6502a

rjjacobson

Yeah no doubt some seem to have problem. I noticed there seem to be more who do not (even though many report problems I am suspecting the large number who do not are not even on forums like this but cannot prove).

I observed that with my ipad air 128 no 8.0 or 8.0.2 problems. My new 6 plus had no problems with the factory 8.0 so i bit the bullet and no problems so far with it just as fast and ok as with 8.0 with 8.0.2.

I have seen lots of temp solutions. one weird and interesting one was that guy claimed he had issues until he took his airdrop from contacts only to everybody and then WIFI worked. Mine happens to be set to everybody and i did not try to go other way of course and it may be just another of many sorta solutions.

Ultimately I am not sure why some are ok and others not, obviously not good for those who have problems with this brand new technology or it bricks their ipads and older iphones as well.

----------

Ok more to report as time goes on and and retest our fiber optic connection I am getting faster speeds now with my iphone 6 plus 60-70 Mbps down (still 140 on ipad air with 8.0.2) and now 52 Mbps up with 6 plus compared to 30 earlier and 30 on ipad air? Testing again getting 50 down and 52 up so my up is improved down is getting nearly doubled since I put 8.0.2 on my iphone 6 plus? Hmmm

8. rjjacobson thread starter macrumors 6502a

rjjacobson

I want to understand why a bunch are ok and some are not, and it is not just a iphone 6 or 6 plus problem, some 5s's and 5c's, various ipads also have this problem. I do IT support at a institution where we are mostly all apple. And lot of iphone and ipad users so this is gonna come up. I still suspect a 8.0.3 is almost on way from what i read. Hopefully will deal with the issues some have.

9. liteshow macrumors regular

There was no option for me to choose on the poll:

I have only cellular data issues with LTE on my 5s. LTE works but with huge reduction in data transfer speeds. Used to get 20 - 50 Mbs download, but with 8.0.2, often getting < 10 Mbps downloads in the same physical locations. Much worst with upload speeds (usually < 2MBps).

10. rjjacobson thread starter macrumors 6502a

rjjacobson

Yes I wanted to only poll iphone six users at this point about their issues. There are iphone 5's that work and ones that also have issues as there are ipads but I wanted to just focus so yes no option for you to chose

11. JAT macrumors 603

Mine seem to be unique, I haven't seen a similar comment, yet. iPhone 6, iOS 8.0.

Speed is fine for me when wifi works, and I can always see networks, and appear to connect to them. But after many hours, maybe 24-36hr, wifi is no longer functional. It appears connected, I can see networks, I can disconnect, pick a different network and appear to connect to it, etc. But zero throughput. Not slow, zero. Rebooting fixes it, no combination of playing with wifi/cell/airplane settings seems to do anything, I have not reset network settings since I don't want to lose all of it if I can avoid that.

I'm still on 8.0, I've been waiting on updates to avoid new problems. I guess for now I just should reboot once each morning.

My iPad Air has no wifi issues, also still on 8.0.

12. rjjacobson thread starter macrumors 6502a

rjjacobson

Getting good results on my iphone 6 plus at our office access point connecting to a fiber optic provider:

Attached Files:

13. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

iPhone 5C - Verizon, running 8.0.2. (I know, not iPhone 6, but still issues.)

Strange new behavior - when my signal is low (~2 dots or less) and I plug the phone in to power (either to an official Apple wall brick, a third-party wall brick, or direct to a computer,) I lose ~2 dots of signal. If at 2 dots, it means I'll drop to "all empty dots" but still have signal, if at 1 dot, I lose signal.

I also become unable to reliably accept incoming calls. Sometimes my phone will say I have a signal, but an incoming call will go straight to voicemail.

If I leave the phone in the exact same physical location, but unplug the Lightning connector, signal goes back up, and I can reliably receive phone calls.

This does not happen when I have a strong signal. (AKA: If I have 4 dots, I stay at 4 dots when I plug in.)

14. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

15. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

I had issues with all devices on 8 and 5Ghz wifi. No issues since 8.0.1/2

iPhone 6 plus, 5s, 5c, 5, iPad mini r, iPad mini, iPad Air and iPad 4th gen

16. rjjacobson thread starter macrumors 6502a

rjjacobson

No sorry I forgot that one should have had it but the list was long. I agree would have been nice but only admins can make changes to polls I found out (or at least delete them for me.

17. Padmini macrumors 6502a

Where is the "I have no issues whatsoever" poll option?

18. Justafrogg macrumors newbie

Justafrogg

I've had Safari issues with iOS 8 and iOS 8.0.2. Two iPhone 4S' and two iPad 2's. The iPad slowdowns are worse I think. Using cellular data on the iPhone's fixes Safari.

OOKLA Speedtest is OK sometimes but sometimes shows slow or failing Download and or Upload.