POLL: Screen protector or no. Chime in and vote.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NM08SRT8, Sep 12, 2014.

?

Will you use a screen protector?

1. Yes, plastic.

29 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. Yes, glass.

16 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. No

37 vote(s)
    45.1%
  1. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

What are you doing this time around.

Chime down below via poll. Comment if necessary.

Thanks!

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

Yes. I throw my phone in my bag and disinfect the screen daily.

4. Derrickk macrumors newbie

I like the feel of glass screen protectors, but I'm not sure how they will deal with the edge tapering off. I'll probably get a cheap screen protector until Spigen's nano slim comes out

5. sleepyking macrumors 6502

I've always had Power Support but not sure how it'll even work with the curved edges. They make the best protectors and quite frankly most else, if not all, are very ugly. Ugly in terms of the cut and fit and the material.

Might just go fully naked with this phone

6. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

7. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Yes, I love the tempered glass protectors. I got ZAGG Glass for my iPhone 5s when they had a 50% sale a few months ago and it is a great protector. I use to use anti-glare ones from Power Support, however I felt they distorted the Retina display too much. The ZAGG Glass is completely clear with no distortion. Plus it feels like the original display so I like that too.

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

9. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502a

JonathanK81

I've had a screen protector on every iPhone I've ever owned. Won't be changing that now.

10. eoblaed macrumors 68000

eoblaed

Never saw a need for a screen protector. That glass is pretty damned impervious.

11. apple111115 macrumors regular

For those who don't use screen protectors....how do you go about removing debris stuck on the phone? In the past, I have just used my nail on the screen protector, but would't feel comfortable doing that on the actual phone screen.

12. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

I feel like I need one because my screen protectors occasionally will get a scratch but then again they are much cheaper than what the display is made out of so it might not be a problem.

13. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

I always install a screen protector on a new phone. Usually right there in the store. Bodygardz is my preferred brand. Anti-glare.

----------

Me too. A scratched screen drives me straight up a tree. No joke - i'll lose sleep over a scratched screen.

14. eoblaed macrumors 68000

eoblaed

I just wipe it off.

On the rare occasion something is 'stuck' on there, that means it's something gooey or gummy or whatever. Your fingernail isn't going to do squat to that glass. Any screen protector you put on there is going to be softer than the glass and, for me anyway, reduces the quality of the tactile sensation of using the phone. And considering how often I'm touching the screen, that's valuable to me.

----------

A scratched screen would drive me bananas. I've never scratched a screen, so I don't know how people do that short of storing their phone in their pocket with a collection of sharp keys, or using it as a cutting board or something.

Easy to scratch a screen protector, really hard to scratch glass. I'd rather interact with the glass than a screen protector.

15. Kariya, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

Kariya macrumors 68000

Kariya

Always have always will.

Gorilla glass doesn't do jack all.

These devices are all about the screen now. Last thing i need a big scratch on the screen obscuring content when a screen protector could've easily taken the damage instead.

If you have insurance though, then by all means go naked. Worst case you get a new one once you've worn down the phone.

16. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

Yes. Only glass protectors that offer no trace of its existence. Plastic ones are junk.

17. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

What's a good brand for glass protectors? And does anyone know of any that are currently in stock that I could possibly have delivered by Friday?

18. APlotdevice, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Absolutely. The screen protector on my 5c actually saved my screen when it dropped, glass first, on to the pavement.

19. LasersGoPewPew macrumors regular

LasersGoPewPew

Nah. I used to use screen protectors but I don't anymore. I just try to be careful with my devices like not putting them in my pocket with my keys, coins, etc.

20. justinTlME macrumors 6502

justinTlME

Have never used one before on a phone. (only my PS Vita) But I am considering it now for the 6 Plus I ordered....dont wanna ruin that behemoth of a screen! :D

21. tigerfan41 macrumors regular

My opinion - you're asking for trouble by NOT using a screen protector.

It just takes one drop--even with a good case--for the screen to scratch, crack, or shatter.

Use something like Skinomi or InvisibleShield, and your phone's screen will not scratch, crack, or shatter. When you go to resell the phone, it'll be in great shape.

Just to show you how much of a life saver screen protectors/cases are, check out my attached picture. My iPhone 5S was BENT by accidentally slamming it in a car door not once, but twice (I stupidly thought my seat belt was caught in the door, closed it again and discovered the iPhone). Without my case and Skinomi, the 5S would have broken. With the case and protector, the 5S survived with no scratches and the screen in tact. So much so that the Apple store gave me a new 5S because they just assumed the body warped over time.

Attached Files:

22. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

What case are you using? Is there a version for the Plus out by some chance?

Good choice on Skinomi by the way.

23. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Ditto!