Poll: Upgrading to 2.1 as soon as it is released?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rizajj, Sep 10, 2008.

?

Will you upgrade your iPhone firmware to 2.1 as soon as it is released?

1. Yes, I'll be checking in at 12:01AM on Friday!

212 vote(s)
    81.2%
  2. No, I'm going to wait a few days and see what happens to others.

39 vote(s)
    14.9%
  3. No, I'm going to wait several weeks to see how it really all pans out.

7 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. No, my iPhone works great with 2.0/2.0.1/2.0.2. If it ain't broke, dont' fix it!

3 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. rizajj macrumors member

Will you be updating your iPhone as soon as the new firmware (2.1) is released? Or will you wait it out a few days to see how it shakes down?

2. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

yup,

i got the day off anyways, so i can spend time trying to fix it.

3. 12Iceman macrumors newbie

I will be updating as soon as the new WinPwn or QuickPwn is out so that I can continue to jailbreak.

4. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

You forgot "No my phone works fine with 1.1.4 and i can live without apps" Which is what i'll do unless i hear good reports across the board about 2.1. I'm more than willing to sacrifice apps for a stable phone

5. djwobble macrumors regular

I will be waiting just a little ... maybe a few hours. I use my phone as my primary contact for my business but Fridays are slow anyways.

I'm confident in this release. Hope all is well

6. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I have a Touch.

Already upgraded. Faster backups. Touch seems more stable so far. Usually I have to restore about every 48 hours. Haven't had to yet. :)

I say do it right away.

7. Pennine macrumors 6502

8. barryallott macrumors member

Only if the update does NOT include a baseband update for the v1 phones. (I doubt it will) then I can jailbreak with quickpwn when it is updated

9. stockcerts macrumors 65816

The two things that excite me about the update are; improved battery life, and better 3G reception. If the update is available early Friday morning I will update then, if not...right after work!

10. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

Unless it really is out late thursday or early friday night, I won't upgrade until like 5pm friday, because I have to drive about 2 hours and if I am not updated by 10am I could be on the road with no phone and that could be pretty bad!

11. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Couldn't be any worse than what I already have.

12. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I feel the same way. At first I was thinking I'd wait a few days, as the last two updates have been a nightmare for me. But I really can't see how it could be any worse. (I say that now, and watch -- I download it on Friday and my phone blows up!!).

I know it's different, but seeing how Touch users react to their 2.1 will give me some idea. Also, I won't be able to download until later that night anyway -- so I'm assuming any horror stories will have been told by then.

13. UberDy macrumors newbie

14. oneals2focus macrumors regular

oneals2focus

My apps don't work and my iPod has no music or video's showing up on my phone even though it shows it's all there when you check the memory. Friday can't come quick enough!!!! :mad: lol

15. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Of course! 2.0.2 broke my GPS :(.

And I'm sick of waiting for literally 10 minutes for an application as simple as Where To? to install, let alone the applications such as Texas Hold'em.

16. bmwpowere36m3 macrumors 6502

I'm sorry, I'm a fan of apple products.. but if you have to do that, then I'd sell that thing in a heartbeat.

17. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

I will upgrade my roommates phone and see what the difference is. My phone works fine now and back ups are not slow for me. If there is not much different I will hold off on 2.1 if I can resist as I want to unlock my phone some day. I would hate it if they unlocked an earlier version and I couldn't do it because of upgrading.

18. walnuts macrumors 6502

I'm gonna probably end up updating while at work this Friday. Anyone know if this update is more like the 2.0 update in which it will require you to resync all of your data, or more like a 2.0x update (I'd then be able to update at work without my itunes library here with me)?

19. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

With all of the chaos of the 2.0 upgrade still relatively fresh in my mind, I'm going to wait a few days before I attempt to upgrade to 2.1.

20. DaZe3 macrumors member

I'm upgrading right away.. But I doubt it will be out 12:01a.m.

21. iFerd macrumors 6502a

Exactly. But the update can't come fast enough for me, if it really fixes the crashing third party applications and keeps me from wasting even more time installing my applications over and over.

22. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

So am I. I've been using 2.1 on my iPod touch since yesterday. The improvement is dramatic. :apple:

23. theotherrogue macrumors regular

24. DPB17 macrumors 6502

Carrier Update?

I just got a message from iTunes saying that there was a carrier update for my 3G anyone else get this? I'm on O2-IRL by the way if that makes a difference. Oh and why wouldn't you upgrade to2.1, if it turns out to be another disaster just downgrade to 2.0.2.

25. iblastoff macrumors 6502