Poll: What Apple products do you use?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Micky Do, May 4, 2017.

?

What Apple products do you regularly use? (click all applicable)

Poll closed Jun 1, 2017.
  1. iPhone

40 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. iPad

27 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. iPod

14 vote(s)
    31.1%
  4. MacBook (of any description)

35 vote(s)
    77.8%
  5. iMac

12 vote(s)
    26.7%
  6. Mac Pro

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  7. Mac Mini

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  8. Apple TV

19 vote(s)
    42.2%
  9. WATCH

13 vote(s)
    28.9%
  10. Apple accessories (mouse, keyboard, AirPods, Pencil etc)

23 vote(s)
    51.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Micky Do macrumors 68000

Micky Do

They talk of the Apple ecosystem…. How much of it do you use regularly?

For me, not much.

I own only a Mac Mini and an Apple keyboard, which I use everyday for work and leisure. I like the Magic Mouse, but not enough to cough up for one. A $9.00 Logitech is fine. I do occasionally use MacOS on one of the computers in our office where I teach, but that is a Hackintosh done by the office geek. I do most of my work outside of classes at home, about 5 minutes from campus on a bicycle.

I neither own nor desire a smart-phone of any description, and seldom even carry the basic $20.00 Nokia I bought several years ago. Although I am not keen on mobile tech in any form, I am considering getting a MacBook Air as I may soon enter a more itinerant phase in my life.

2. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

I use the so called "Apple ecosystem " daily,on regular basis. Best invention ever is probably handoff....

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

My family uses MacBook pros, iMacs, & iPhones.

4. JMacHack macrumors 6502

iPhone, 5,1 Mac Pro, and 2016 MBP. I would like to try the Apple Pencil and iPad Pro, but I don't want to spend the dosh on them.

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Since I "switched" to the Apple Ecosystem in 2008, I have had Apple computers, first a MBP, and since 2010, MBAs.

But, a key influence on the decision to switch was the iPod, one of the most marvellous devices ever invented. Since 2006, I have never been without an iPod.

While I have used iPads, I must be honest and admit that I never much cared cor the, or enjoyed the experience of using them.

Therefore, my answer to the poll comes registered under two headings: My MBA computer and my iPod.

6. vrBrew Suspended

vrBrew

At one point I had a MBP, 3 iMacs, and 6 phones throughout the family.

MBP died and I didn't replace. Two iMacs died and I didn't replace.

But I do cycle through the phones as they are released.

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Not on your list, but Apple products I use…

2x 2000 PowerMac G4 (work)
    2003 17" PowerBook G4 1.0Ghz
    2005 2.7Ghz Dual PowerMac G5
    2005 2.3Ghz Dual Core PowerMac G5
    2005 2.5Ghz Quad Core PowerMac G5

Son uses a 2005 15" PowerBook G4.

My sole Intel Mac is a 2006 17" MBP which can run Snow Leopard max.

I am not bound by Apple's ecosystem because nothing I have can use any of it, with the exception of my iPhones and iPad.

I use Google and Dropbox.

8. SoggyCheese macrumors regular

SoggyCheese

I have too many Apple devices TBH. Two iMac 21", one in each home. Then two rMBP 15s, one of which was my old work machine when I was a freelancer which is now mostly used for GoPro editing and my crappy attempts to make music; and another one provided by my employer for doing actual work on. Then of course my iPad and my iPhone.

I didn't tick the Apple TV. We have one, but it sits now unused. Compared to our Roku boxes it's just not a good device.

Accessories away from those that came with the iMacs are the Trackpads. Magic Trackpads are great. Love those.

9. twinlight macrumors 6502

twinlight

It began with an iPad Air 2 a couple of years ago. I wanted to try an Apple product and my Surface RT sucked. I never liked iOS and has always been a Windows guy but always liked the design of Apple products.

Then came the iPhone 6 Plus, my first iPhone. I liked that all new things came first to Apples ecosystem and there is always apps and support for iDevices so it was time to try an iPhone.

When the Apple Watch was released I was hooked on the feature set and the looks of it. A space black 42mm was a no brainer!

I then added the ATV 4. That was a dud.. its used for netflix and some music when I'm cleaning. It could do so. Uch more but half its features are US only sadly.

Now I'm carrying a 7 Plus and AirPods. Best thing ever! Can't believe people use wired headphones anymore..

10. ThisBougieLife macrumors 65816

ThisBougieLife

I have an iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, and Apple TV, as well as accessories.

I bought the iPad mainly to be an e-reader and because at the time, my previous MBP had crapped out and I had no laptop. Now that I have an MBP again, I'm finding I hardly use the iPad. For me I don't need all three. So I will probably be selling my iPad soon.

iPhone/MacBook Pro is a winning combination though.

11. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

iPhone, iPad, MBP- I use them daily, they are good products. My complaint is that Apple is slowly devolving some of it's software products from what were excellent to less so, I assume to save money. A good example of this is the evolution from ClarisWorks to less capable Pages to even less capable Pages. I've bailed on Pages and now use Nisus Writer Pro, because I find bookmarks to be a must and Apple in their wisdom decided that dumbing down the product was a good move. :mad:

I've also been very critical of Apple's strategy with laptops, raising prices with less included value. I'm unhappy that the price of a dedicated video card climbed from $2400 to $2900. That was my tipping point and so I downgraded on my latest MBP purchase. I'm also pissed that a $2000 MBP only comes with a 500GB hard drive. At this point, while I'm still happy with the MacOS as a superior product, compared to Windows, I'd love to see Apple get a wake up call in this department with some plummeting sales.

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Been a Mac user since the Mac SE. Use them at home (MBP touch bar, iPhone 7, iPad, iPod) and work (iMac and iPad).

13. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

I have a MacBook, an iPad, an iPhone, an iPod and an Apple Keyboard.
    What I actually use is the MacBook, the iPhone and the Keyboard.
    I need a fully functioning OS, so the iPad landed on my younger son's table.
    I prefer my SanDisk Clip Sport to iPod as it is much easier to manage music on it.

14. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

iPhone 7+ probably the most.
    Followed by my iMac. With Magic Mouse and Apple wireless keyboard.
    I use my iPad a few times a week (although my wife lives on hers).
    My Apple TV doesn't get any use these days. I bought a fire stick which is able to get a wider range of things.

15. decafjava macrumors 68020

decafjava

Well check my sig, though I rarely use my Apple TV - except for streaming music from iTunes especially when I have guests over. i have rented films too on occasion but the ATV is pretty idle - on the other hand it's my iMac every day and my iPhone 7plus practically 24/7.

16. downtherabbithole macrumors member

downtherabbithole

Chances are I'm either using my 15" MBP with Touch Bar iPhone 7 Plus at any given point during the working day. The whole ecosystem thing I can do without - I just like Apple's products.