I've been reading a lot, theming, applications, etc. A lot of people recommend:I was so excited to jailbreak my iPad today but now do not know what to download! Any recommendations?
This is completely untrue. The only way the jailbreak uses more battery is if the jailbroken app uses other hardware more extensively. In your case the use of bluetooth is what is making your battery life decrease, not the jailbreak in general.
Here are some Jailbroken apps i immediately installed on my iPad.
1. iFile : 1.3xx supports ipad. with full screen
2. Mobile Terminal : full screen as well.
4. afc2add : Allows me to see my iPad file system on my Mac using USB.
Are you people using Winterboard. I find it slowing my ipad. Maybe im wrong!
THIS.xraytech said:ProSwitcher HD FTW!!!
ProSwitcher actually includes two other apps when you install it. Backgrounder & Activator.
I can't find much about Appbackup. So it will backup and restore all your Cydia apps and settings?I've been reading a lot, theming, applications, etc. A lot of people recommend:
- CategoriesSB (allows for app folder/category arrangement like in iOS4)
- SBSettings (Settings Extension)
- Finder OS X (creates an OS X Finder Bar)
- Winterboard (theming application)
- iBlank (creates blank icons for arrangement applications)
- Appbackup (backs up any Cydia applications in case of restore. Open it, backup all, then sync to iTunes which copies the appbackup file to your computer so if your iPad needs to be rejailbroken everything will be installed as your last backup by installing Appbackup then restore.
- MakeItMine - Changes the banner and/or carrier to anything you wish
- Netatalk - allows for access to your iPad from your Mac on the same wireless network in Finder, you can drag and drop files as you would any folder
Hope that helps.
Appbackup will backup ALL your applications, not just Cydia. Install it through Cydia and the first time you launch it select "All" in the bottom left corner, then "backup." Sync your iDevice to iTunes as this will copy over the backup settings to your computer. In the future if you need to restore and rejailbreak your iDevice, install Appbackup after syncing your iDevice and jailbreaking it, then "restore". All your applications and settings will be restored.I can't find much about Appbackup. So it will backup and restore all your Cydia apps and settings?