Poll: What are the best jailbroken app's you've used?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by 3282868, Aug 2, 2010.

1. 3282868 macrumors 603

I've been jailbreaking since 2007, and I've been a bit out of it for a while as most of the features I jailbroke for are now standard on iOS4.

Out of curiosity and fun, I'm curious as to your most needed and loved jailbroken applications. :)

2. curlefry macrumors newbie

curlefry

One of the funnest things to do when you first jailbreak on Cydia...MakeItMine and set a fun carrier/banner name! :)

Then, SBSettings is a must. Quick brightness, WiFi, or Bluetooth change: that's what I'm talking about!

3. still in school macrumors 6502

I was so excited to jailbreak my iPad today but now do not know what to download! Any recommendations?

4. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

I've been reading a lot, theming, applications, etc. A lot of people recommend:

- CategoriesSB (allows for app folder/category arrangement like in iOS4)
    - SBSettings (Settings Extension)
    - Finder OS X (creates an OS X Finder Bar)
    - Winterboard (theming application)
    - iBlank (creates blank icons for arrangement applications)
    - Appbackup (backs up any Cydia applications in case of restore. Open it, backup all, then sync to iTunes which copies the appbackup file to your computer so if your iPad needs to be rejailbroken everything will be installed as your last backup by installing Appbackup then restore.
    - MakeItMine - Changes the banner and/or carrier to anything you wish
    - Netatalk - allows for access to your iPad from your Mac on the same wireless network in Finder, you can drag and drop files as you would any folder

Hope that helps. :)

5. brooklyn360 macrumors member

which backgrounder? there are bg run apps in the backgroung 2.x only, and bg enable and manage background.

i only have one new icon after jb, cydia app, was i supposed to have 2 new apps?

6. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

I can't find categoriesSB, is it the same as just plus categories on the featured app page?

7. still in school macrumors 6502

8. rikbrown macrumors regular

WiCarrier is nice. It changes the carrier/iPad text (or whatever you set with MakeItMine) in the top left to the current wireless access point name.

9. biggy52 macrumors regular

Here are some Jailbroken apps i immediately installed on my iPad.

1. iFile : 1.3xx supports ipad. with full screen
    2. Mobile Terminal : full screen as well.
    3. SBsettings
    4. afc2add : Allows me to see my iPad file system on my Mac using USB.

Are you people using Winterboard. I find it slowing my ipad. Maybe im wrong!

10. w00master macrumors 65816

I have three:

- SBSettings
    - Activator (I'm a sucker for global type of utilities)
    - MyWi

w00master

11. xraytech macrumors 68020

ProSwitcher HD FTW!!!

ProSwitcher actually includes two other apps when you install it. Backgrounder & Activator.

12. SVT Amateur macrumors 6502

I just jailbroke my iPad just so I can use Backgrounder to run Pandora while I browse the web or do other things. I also installed SBSettings though I don't think I'll really use it much.

Once OS 4.0 rolls out for the iPad I'm sure I won't jailbreak as multi-tasking with Pandora and folders are all I'm really wanting.

13. aohus macrumors 68000

jailbroken apps tend to destroy your battery life. i only have one jailbroken app that i use on a daily basis: ibluever (http://ibluever.blogspot.com)

bluetooth 3g tethering all the way

14. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

This is completely untrue. The only way the jailbreak uses more battery is if the jailbroken app uses other hardware more extensively. In your case the use of bluetooth is what is making your battery life decrease, not the jailbreak in general.

15. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

MyWi 4.0
    My3G
    iFile (I love getting apps from the App Store then dicking around with them with iFile. A lot of them actually have stats in text files, so you can 'hack' them and give yourself infinite money, etc. This works especially well for DragRacer, where you actually have the ability to change cars' statistics. 99999999HP car ftw!)

16. doctapeppa macrumors 6502

I don't know how I lived without BiteSMS for so long.

17. powerbooks macrumors regular

You sure you have MobileTerminal on iPad? Does it support iPad now?

18. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

I can vouch that it does and is needed for some apps

19. erillanos macrumors member

My must have jailbreak apps are

-Backgrounder to run music in background
    -SBSettings
    -SBSettings VPN toggle (use this the most for tvcatchup connect to VPN in UK then click play on video while it loads I click VPN toggle on sbsettings to go to normal connection to stream the video better.)

Those are the only ones I use

20. SonGoku v2.5 macrumors member

THIS.:D

I love ProSwitcher HD; CategoriesSB is also great as it cleaned up my iPad nicely. FakeCarrier just cause it's cute, but it wasn't necessary. I have sbsettings, but I don't use it as much as others seem to. I'm going ti eventually get appbackup as a just in case, but the few apps I've mentioned alone have already enhanced my experience on the iPad.

I'd love to read about more apps though, the more recommendations the better.

21. biggy52 macrumors regular

Yes it supports. Although you need the new MobileTerminal 426. You need to add a separate repo for that.

repo source : http://apt.macosmovil.com/

22. rikbrown macrumors regular

Thanks for that. It's called "iOS 4" but it works on 3.2.

23. Ol!ver macrumors 6502a

I can't find much about Appbackup. So it will backup and restore all your Cydia apps and settings?

24. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

Appbackup will backup ALL your applications, not just Cydia. Install it through Cydia and the first time you launch it select "All" in the bottom left corner, then "backup." Sync your iDevice to iTunes as this will copy over the backup settings to your computer. In the future if you need to restore and rejailbreak your iDevice, install Appbackup after syncing your iDevice and jailbreaking it, then "restore". All your applications and settings will be restored.