Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone X, iPhone 8/8+, sticking to what I’ve got, or switching to Android?

• Total voters

upnorth85

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2011
MN, USA
The X is converging the preference for those who want big phones and those who prefer the non + sizes. My wife chose the X, coming from a 6s. I am going from a 7+ to the X. But seeing the criticism for X here, I am surprised in the poll to date, it is showing the highest percentage at 36%.

dipan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
I can still order an 8+ and get it on September 22. This time last year you had to wait much longer.

Either supplies are plenty or demand is less than typical. I wouldn’t have thought the latter from the pollee’s here...

Reactions: dk001

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
I can still order an 8+ and get it on September 22. This time last year you had to wait much longer.

Either supplies are plenty or demand is less than typical. I wouldn’t have thought the latter from the pollee’s here...

I can still order iPhone 8/8+ to pick up on launch day as well. Either Apple finally has enough units to keep up with demand or everyone is waiting for the X model.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
Going from a 6 Plus to an 8 Plus. Pre-ordered from Apple last night, 256GB SG.

mwhals

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Sticking with my S7 Edge as it is still real fast contrary to what people say about Android.

My wife decided again to stay with her 6 Plus for the third straight time

Last edited:

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
The X is converging the preference for those who want big phones and those who prefer the non + sizes. My wife chose the X, coming from a 6s. I am going from a 7+ to the X. But seeing the criticism for X here, I am surprised in the poll to date, it is showing the highest percentage at 36%.
Internet criticism comes across louder than praise.

I get the feeling the unknowns that people are worried & screaming about now won't be as big a deal (breaker) as they think they are after real world reviews start flooding Youtube.

dipan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Good numbers. Hopefully having two product lines that are nearly equally popular will ease the usual initial shortages for both products....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.