Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What iPhone color will you buy?

• Total voters

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Is anyone changing their vote after seeing the official colors today? I personally think the Rose Gold is too pink. My wife agrees. Also sad to see Apple didn't go with a darker SG.

Yeah , my wife said the same thing. But still, I still don't know why I want to get it lol, maybe because it's a new color. I should just get the SG or the gold one . Can't decide. I don't why I'm having such a hard time deciding what color to get.

Reactions: zooby

duaneu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Bellevue, WA
I love the white/silver, that's what I have on my 6. But I'd like a change, so I think I'm going to go with the gold this time. I'm not totally in love with the gold look, but I like the white front, and it will be in a case, so not much of the gold will show anyway.

cagcody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
Yeah , my wife said the same thing. But still, I still don't know why I want to get it lol, maybe because it's a new color. I should just get the SG or the gold one . Can't decide. I don't why I'm having such a hard time deciding what color to get.

I feel exactly the same. I think it's because of the "new" factor. I'm tired of the same colors over and over again. I think the rose gold with the midnight blue leather case looks really nice. But in 10 minutes I'll think the regular gold looks better. At least we have a few days to decide. Anybody know of any hands-on reviews that got pretty detailed pictures to see the true colors? I feel like the rose gold looks more pink in Apple's official photos than it does in normal photos that I've seen. Kind of how the gold popped more in the official photos compared to real life.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
I feel exactly the same. I think it's because of the "new" factor. I'm tired of the same colors over and over again. I think the rose gold with the midnight blue leather case looks really nice. But in 10 minutes I'll think the regular gold looks better. At least we have a few days to decide. Anybody know of any hands-on reviews that got pretty detailed pictures to see the true colors? I feel like the rose gold looks more pink in Apple's official photos than it does in normal photos that I've seen. Kind of how the gold popped more in the official photos compared to real life.

Right ! Remember when the 5s was announce and everyone hated the gold. But in person it looked beautiful and had lighter color to it. Maybe the same thing is going to happen with this color. I'm thinking of getting the light pink Apple's leather case for my Rose Gold iphone , almost looks like a very light baige color. I think that combination will look good with it. I don't know though. I also kinda want to get the color because I know a lot of guys won't go for it, to be different.

Edit: Decided go with the Rose Gold. I'll go with the Space Grey next year. "S" cycles white faces. Done ! Lol. Makes my decisions easier in the future.

Last edited:

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
Damn, I keep going back and forth, yo!.. I bought the space gray watch, and that looks awesome, but I have the gold iPhone now, and probably going with the white and silver, like my iPhone 4S.. that's a classic look.. Probably going to pass on the rose gold, if it were more copper colored, maybe..

Reactions: Che Castro

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
I've had space grey in every iPhone since 2007. I want to try silver/white but I'm concerned I'll get tired of the white bezels. Anyone want to help me make this decision?

I've had every iPhone since the 3G. 3G-5 I did black. I stopped because I did not like the "grey" color. It looked slightly purple to me. I would love to see a solid black phone again but I doubt it. So from the 5S on, I am a Silver/White guy. Love it. Cleaner all around. Even bought my iPad Air and Mini in Silver/White. I too thought it would bother me with not having a black border for movies and such but not an issue. Looks beautiful and again, love the clean, fresh look. You will like it.

agentunited

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2015
Black 4S 16GB, Silver 5 16 GB, Gold 5S 32GB and this time plan to get Silver 6S 64GB, looks classy and goes well with iOS white theme in general. Also White front and silver/gold ring around Touch ID adds some character to the phone, 6/6S Gold looks too yellowish compared with 5S.

CVUSA

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
I've had space grey in every iPhone since 2007. I want to try silver/white but I'm concerned I'll get tired of the white bezels. Anyone want to help me make this decision?
Me too since 2007, so I got gold/white 6plus last year ,I think I am going back to space grey next.
I use it with the apple leather case dark brown,now I get a bit tired of white bezel . But without use a case actually it looks gorgeous remind me the old days color iPod 2005 .

Iphone 1, 3gs ,4, 4S, 5, 6+.

kungxpao

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2014
Socal
In photos the rose gold looks pink. However in recently posted videos on youtube, it looks more copperish.

So confused. :confused:

Reactions: caligurl

Donstil-nl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2008
Netherlands
I am going for yellow gold Plus.
Is there somebody here seen a Hands-On with a normal Gold one? It's hard to find good real pictures of this years gold.

Danoc

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
I think the rose gold is well done and not tacky. Not for me, as I see it for women.

Strange consequences for me, the gold one looks more masculine now! Weird isn't it ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.