Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What potential iPhone 5S color appeals most to you?

• Total voters

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm not a gold fan, usually items that are painted (or covered) in gold, appear to be gaudy. I expect apple to produce a product that achieves a certain level of design and visually aesthetics. If slapping the color gold on a plastic iPhone body and calling it a 5S, then I'll be very disappointed.

I think color options isn't a bad idea but I do hope they're done well.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Black...black...only BLACK! :cool:

As has been discussed at great length in past threads...black is for manly men...macho men...butch guys.

And...well, white is...not good for real, manly men.

And being an incredibly manly man, I wouldn't go with any other color. Why, someone might think I'm...well, you know!:eek:

:rolleyes: ;) :p

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
Either white or black, but I love a gold casio watches :D
So maybe I have to see gold color in person.

cole01

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
I'm seriously driving myself crazy trying to decide what color I want for my 5S. I have a black 5 now and had a white 4S before it. My current iPads are both white (3rd gen) and black (mini)...I'm thinking of getting an iPad 5 in a few months (which will be black) and it would be nice to have all of my devices match so I'm leaning to another black iPhone. I know I'd probably regret getting the white again just for the sake of change. One thing I know is that there will be NO gold in my device collection. :p

gmhag

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2011
What does it matter?

99% of buyers will cover it up with a case anyways...

Motherload0211

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-21 at 12.55.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-21 at 12.55.21 PM.png
    146.6 KB · Views: 53

swish2351

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
Michigan
Black and White are both very nice looking... Now that apple fixed the black anodized metal scratching problem, I will be going with black

----------

I hope this Gold rumor is false. What a joke.

America is not the only market. Gold is the most popular color option in China and India, the two fastest growing smartphone markets in the world. You might personally dislike Gold, so do I, and so does most of America, but the rest of the world loves it.

nbuubu

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
I have a White 4S and love the look of the Black 5, but hate how it chips and scrapes so badly. Every friend with a Black 5 is disappointed in the wear and tear it takes.

So I'll probably end up going with White 5S, if only because of the scratching issue which I doubt Apple will adequately fix. I'd love a Black 5S with a silver band, much like the 4 and 4S were.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.