Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What's your favorite watch face?

• Astronomy

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Motion

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Solar

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Chronograph

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Color

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • Modular

Votes: 63 34.8%
  • Utility

Votes: 39 21.5%
  • Mickey

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Simple

Votes: 23 12.7%
  • I don't know/Don't have a favorite

Votes: 6 3.3%

• Total voters

moxxham

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2015
Sydney, Australia
A lot of people seem to love the modular face. I understand that you get heaps of info on it. But personally, I find it a tad ugly.

I love the motion faces, the simple face (with view fee details on it) and the chronograph in black

Reactions: Jack426

Jack426

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2015
North Carolina
With my SGS, the solar face really looks sharp.
I really like the solar, especially at sunrise/sunset. I wish it had complications.

A lot of people seem to love the modular face. I understand that you get heaps of info on it. But personally, I find it a tad ugly.

I love the motion faces, the simple face (with view fee details on it) and the chronograph in black
I like the chronograph the best, I guess it's because my father's watches are all chronograph. Currently though, I've been using the utility face in all white.

Reactions: moxxham

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
As someone who is obsessed with fitness and data and especially fitness data.:eek:

IMG_0408_zpskjyuldlu.jpg

Jack426

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2015
North Carolina
It seems Modular, Simple, and Utility are fairly popular. I guess it's logical though, Modular is very digital, while Utility and Simple are classic faces.

Photo album, released on watchOS 2.

Haha, would've put it on there if I could've added more responses.

Andrew.s

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2007
Inland Empire
Mickey Mouse. Had a watch with that face on it when I was younger, which I'm sure a lot of people did. Knew that was the face I was going to use since it was announced. I'll switch it up eventually. But until then!

Jack426

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2015
North Carolina
Mickey Mouse. Had a watch with that face on it when I was younger, which I'm sure a lot of people did. Knew that was the face I was going to use since it was announced. I'll switch it up eventually. But until then!
Yeah, I don't think there's a single kid that when they saw a Mickey watch they didn't want it. Now that we're older, there's just something nostalgic about it.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK

I don't remember having a Mickey Mouse watch but I do remember having a Mickey Mouse alarm clock and I loved it. Mickey is a favourite along with the butterflies and flowers. I alternate between the 3. I've been using Mickey for the past few days.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
when i saw the dancing mickey face i KNEW i'd be buying an apple watch!

so far it's my favorite face and the only one i've used. however i just bought a coral (aka pink) band and will be using the modular face with that band since mickey's pants clash with the coral band!

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I rotate between three options. For work I am typically Color--like it on blue setting.

On travel days I use Modular with the center setting on calender.--great to have the calendar change from flight to hotel reservation

And of course, as an aging hippie who never had the original Mickey Mouse watch, I change over to Mickey pretty often . . .

Honey Badger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2011
I want as much information as possible on my watchface, so I use the Modular.

Kind of disappointed that you cant add that many complications to the other watchfaces
Im with you...Im actually hoping they allow us at some point to add even more complications...I can't stand glances.

Honey Badger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2011
I completely agree. There's a lot of unused space, because the complications are so large.
It might also be nice if you could just flick to the left or right from the watch face to see another page screen with even more complications or even all the app icons.

eifer

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2008
I always use the solar face w/ my space grey. It just seems like the most natural way to tell time, I really love it.

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
I like the "quick glance" ability of an analog face, and Utility is the best one IMO. Nice and clean, bold, and easy to read, please the ability to add complications.

I don't like Modular. It's just a personal preference, but it's too utilitarian to me and not pleasing to look at.

In the evenings when I'm relaxing, I will often switch to Solar or Astronomy. When my 6 year old decides it's time to play with Daddy's watch, I have to switch to Motion and put on the butterflies or flowers for her.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.