Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

When will the iPad Pro OLED arrive?

• 2024 Q1

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • 2024 Q2

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • 2024 Q3

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • 2024 Q4

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • There won't be an OLED iPad of any kind in 2024 or 2025

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Just based on rumors and likely timeframes really. Guess it’s possible they could push it back.

my guess we will see 12.9 air in march too
Umm.. with the Vision Pro to be released around February, I find it highly unlikely we will get iPads the following month.

I think we get OLED iPads in Q2… just before WWDC (back when the mini-LED iPad was first released). Apple might hold an event around April… that way it gives them a platform to discuss the Vision Pro and announce the iPads (releasing in May).

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Umm.. with the Vision Pro to be released around February, I find it highly unlikely we will get iPads the following month.

I think we get OLED iPads in Q2… just before WWDC (back when the mini-LED iPad was first released). Apple might hold an event around April… that way it gives them a platform to discuss the Vision Pro and announce the iPads (releasing in May).

Well march/april. If it launches in march I think would be end of march

Rumours are saying oled iPad Pros will go into production in February so will see

No doubt Vision Pro will get a lot of the attention in feb

Reactions: Ludatyk

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Well march/april. If it launches in march I think would be end of march

Rumours are saying oled iPad Pros will go into production in February so will see

No doubt Vision Pro will get a lot of the attention in feb
So, how what are your plans during this cycle? Buying both the Vision Pro and OLED iPad Pro? Or choosing just one?

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
So, how what are your plans during this cycle? Buying both the Vision Pro and OLED iPad Pro? Or choosing just one?

Vision Pro isn’t available in UK until at least end of 2024 so my money is safe lol gives me chance to get peoples thoughts on it from the US and see if it’s worth looking into buying. I said to my wife I won’t be buying the Vision Pro not she just says “yeah right”

I will be getting oled iPad Pro though. I’m hoping for a bigger trackpad and hopefully function keys like the Mac

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Vision Pro isn’t available in UK until at least end of 2024 so my money is safe lol gives me chance to get peoples thoughts on it from the US and see if it’s worth looking into buying. I said to my wife I won’t be buying the Vision Pro not she just says “yeah right”

I will be getting oled iPad Pro though. I’m hoping for a bigger trackpad and hopefully function keys like the Mac
Yeah, I kind of agree with your wife lol. I don’t see you passing up on the Vision Pro (at least to try it out). I’m a firm believer in judging products based on personal experiences versus others thoughts.

Because I think it’s going to be a mixed bag… some folks will enjoy it while others claim it’s not worth the money. And my funds is surely going to the OLED iPad Pro, not Vision Pro.

Reactions: The Game 161

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Yeah, I kind of agree with your wife lol. I don’t see you passing up on the Vision Pro (at least to try it out). I’m a firm believer in judging products based on personal experiences versus others thoughts.

Because I think it’s going to be a mixed bag… some folks will enjoy it while others claim it’s not worth the money. And my funds is surely going to the OLED iPad Pro, not Vision Pro.

Yeah will see, hopefully by time it comes here any issues will be ironed out. Have to see a use case for me as I won’t buy it just to have it. Will need to be used daily for sure.

EugW

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 18, 2017
You can already go and purchase on sale for $599 an 11” Tab S9 which has a next gen Samsung 120hz OLED panel today. Tim Cook is likely gonna source the same panel from Samsung heck I’m sure the order is in.
I hate Android tablets. While the Android phone ecosystem is robust, the Android tablet system is not.

BTW, supply chain rumours suggest that LG will be the primary iPad Pro OLED supplier, with Samsung as a secondary supplier.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRealAlex

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
I hate Android tablets. While the Android phone ecosystem is robust, the Android tablet system is not.

BTW, supply chain rumours suggest that LG will be the primary iPad Pro OLED supplier, with Samsung as a secondary supplier.

There’s NO way I’m buy an OLED iPad Pro, well I take that back. Depends on the Trade in Credit for my M2 11” Pro and what other features it has besides just a new display.

EugW

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 18, 2017
There’s NO way I’m buy an OLED iPad Pro, well I take that back. Depends on the Trade in Credit for my M2 11” Pro and what other features it has besides just a new display.
I wouldn't buy a new one either if I had a 2022 M2 iPad Pro. New iDevices such as that are almost never targeted at those who bought the previous model.

However, I'm coming from a 2017 iPad Pro 10.5", and in fact, right now I'm just using a 2014 iPad Air 2.

EugW

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 18, 2017
Happy New Year!

As of right now there are 42 votes with ~70% saying 2024 H1 (Q1 or Q2) and another ~10% saying 2024 Q3. I hope you are right. :)

BTW, I had both the 2017 iPad Pro and also have a 2017 m3 MacBook but I won’t be bothering to replace the MacBook. 💻 I use my M1 Mac mini at home, and I generally don’t need the MacBook anymore for travel. The iPad is more flexible for me to use on the road now that I changed jobs. Before it was beneficial for me to have the laptop but these days it isn’t 99% of the time.

I just hope the new OLED iPad Pro has a proper landscape camera.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.