iPhone X Poll: Which phone size do you prefer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Black Diesel, Sep 13, 2018.

?

Which iPhone size do you prefer?

1. iPhone SE, iPhone 6-8, and nothing larger. As a result, I will not be upgrading

2. iPhone SE, iPhone 6-8, and nothing larger. I will be upgrading though as there are no other options

3. I prefer the larger size of iPhone X/Xs/Xr/Plus/Max and will be happily upgrading

4. I prefer the larger size of iPhone X/Xs/Xr/Plus/Max but will not upgrade due to price/features/etc

5. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Black Diesel macrumors regular

I've seen a lot of posts in which people are wanting smaller phone options from Apple. I figured I would start a poll to see how many people actually prefer the smaller phones. I would prefer the new screen design implemented to the iPhone 6-8 size, which would result in a larger screen than iPhone 6-8, but slightly smaller form factor than iPhone 6-8. Place your vote.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I just upgraded from a 6 plus to an 8. I'm liking the smaller size screen and it feels/fits better in my pocket. The only downside is the battery life.

3. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

Went from 5 to 4S to 6 to 6 Plus, 6S Plus, 7, SE, 8, 7 Plus and I can say without hesitation that I'm 100% sure I have no idea which size is ideal. Might try out the X-line this year, but my JB 7 Plus is just too perfect :p

4. Freakonomics101 macrumors 68000

Freakonomics101

iPhone SE is perfect as my secondary. Upgrading the iPhone SE would definitely be an option. Upgrading my 10... NOPE!

5. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I voted 'other'. The SE is not the same size as the 6/7/8. I'll take an SE please, not a 6/7/8 though.

6. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

Even though I picked the first option, I completely agree with you. In fact, I wouldn't mind a return to the iPhone 4 form factor but with a larger screen. That would basically be my dream phone.

ip4.jpg

7. subjonas macrumors 68000

Hahah I admire your zeal, but on forms, do you not check off Caucasian or Asian etc because it doesn’t specify your exact nationality? I agree they’re not the same, but the point of the poll is small phones vs big phones. It doesn’t mean you are saying you want a 7/8. Again, I admire your zeal for the SE. I share it.

8. Saturn007 macrumors 6502

No, many of us do not check off Caucasian or Asian -- or Latino -- because we might be mixed race, mixed ethnicity, wish to check multiple boxes, or not pick at all. And, guess what?

The Census Bureau now concurs, as do most leading sociologists!

Sorry, as a sometime academic, survey researchers, and sociologist, I had to comment!

9. Black Diesel thread starter macrumors regular

I hear you, but the message is that you prefer a smaller phone that what Apple is currently offering whether it be a SE or 6-8. I agree, an SE with a full sized screen would be sweet and I would order (2) for family, and then I would like to purchase an iPhone 6-8 sized phone or slightly smaller with a full screen... So that's probably close to 2K+ of sales they just missed out on from myself.

I want to give apple my money for some new phones (and iMacs), but with their current offerings I'm not placing any orders...maybe next year they will realize they need a smaller phone.

10. subjonas macrumors 68000

Hahah not sure if that totally applies to this situation, but a good tidbit of information.

11. nathansz macrumors regular

I tried my wife's 6 and it's too big for me. i prefer my se so I just ordered a new one.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 13, 2018 ---
    total dream phone

12. nathansz, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  13. blco02 Suspended

Love the bigger screen. I will only get a x max if I can use it for 3-4 years.

14. Ortiz83 macrumors 6502

I’ve always have gotten the plus. Got the X when it came out. So ****ing stoked about the Xs Max. Get back that big size phone. Now with more real estate for the screen.

15. Jimmy James macrumors 601

Jimmy James

You missed upgrade to 7/8 to maintain the small size.

16. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I’ve owned the 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6 Plus, 6S Plus, 7 Plus, and 8 Plus, and will be going back down in size to the Xs. I’m really excited about it. After holding a friend’s X, it feels like it will be the perfect compromise in size between the 5S and 8 Plus.

17. USF813 macrumors regular

No bigger than my 7 works for me. I toyed with an X at the AT&T store today. One handed use was a no go. Whomever decided to move control center from a single thumb swipe up to having to use your opposite hand to swipe down from the corner furthest away from my left thumb is an idiot.

Apple is destroying what was simple. They literally could have made X a 7 with a full screen instead of going bigger on physical real estate.

18. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 6502a

TheSkywalker77

19. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

I prefer smaller phones. That said, I went with Other as the reason I'm not upgrading at the moment is because the iPhone 7 still works pretty great for me so wouldn't have upgraded anyway regardless of lineup.

I expect sooner or later, my answer will change to #2. I'm kinda hoping Apple might relent and release a smaller, lighter phone than the Xs at around Xr pricing or lower, though.

20. Henk Poley macrumors regular

You'lll have to scale up (keep the same size) the notch tough, as the camera systems ain't going to get any smaller.

21. O.N.Y.X macrumors member

Keeping my beloved SE until it dies or Apple releases a worthy 4 in. successor. If the 1st happens before the 2nd it’s bye bye iPhone. I’m not married to Apple.

22. Relentless Power, Sep 14, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I would say it’s indicative that they canceled the SE and did not release anything in place of it, is the future of the 4 inch iPhone for Apple. I think the SE was a one time offering.

23. KrisYYC macrumors member

KrisYYC

This. Or at least the size of the 6/7/8 but with the edge to edge display and dual camera. I'm sort of begrudgingly upgrading to the XS because I want the dual camera mostly. But I know even the 5.8 XS is a bit large for my liking.

24. Deguello macrumors 6502a

Deguello

Plus/Max, but I wouldn’t go so far as to say “happily” upgrading.

25. Lioness~ macrumors 65816

Lioness~

Yes, never a 6/7/8 here either. How could the thread starter even line them up in the same choice? o_O
    That would be totally ok for me too. I have saved my old wallet case from the iPhone4, just in case. Just as I did from the 5, that I use for my SE. So either for me is awesome :cool: