Poll: Which W1 headphones will you be getting?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by clunkmess, Sep 13, 2016.

?

Which W1 headphones will you be getting with your iPhone 7?

1. Apple AirPods

51 vote(s)
    47.2%
  2. BeatsX Earphones

30 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. Other

18 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Powerbeats 3 Wireless Earphones

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. Beats Solo 3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones

6 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. clunkmess, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016

clunkmess macrumors 6502a

clunkmess

I'm torn between them. The AirPods are nice because of the complete absence of wires. The BeatsX on the other hand let you control music the same way i control them now with my standard EarPods.

Which one will you be buying?
    air beats.jpg

2. Ronnoco, Sep 13, 2016

Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I'll demo the Airpods once they are released and judge for myself how they perform. Very cool tech though. To be honest, I'm a wireless guy. Anytime I can reasonably cut a cord, I do. Like I said, some pretty cool tech the way they are instantly ready for use, and that little dental floss charger is very slick. They've piqued my interest.

3. t1tan macrumors member

t1tan

IME everything Beats = trash.

AirPods, and keep using my Jaybirds for exercise

4. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

I'll have to listen to the BeatsX to make my decision. I want the Beats Solo3 for sure though.

5. archer75 macrumors 68000

From reports i'm hearing the airpods don't sound any different than the wired headphones in the box.

6. TheRealAlex macrumors 68000

Walt Mossberg said there is No Audio Quality Improvement provided by W1. So a 3.5mm jack would still provide the best audio quality.

That being said seems like W1 is Apples shots fired at Bluetooth and W1 provides a better pairing experience. And another source of revenue for Apple because who's gonna buy headphones that are not W1 Compliant ?

I will patiently wait for W2 anyone who studies Apple must you you Never Ever buy Gen 1 of a new Apple product.

7. Oridus macrumors 6502a

Oridus

Yeah no thanks. I'll buy Gen 1 and then any successive gen that I feel I'd like to buy. Makes sense to me to buy what I want to buy. Not buying something until second gen just because seems silly to me. If you want it, buy it.

8. archer75, Sep 13, 2016

archer75 macrumors 68000

bluetooth headphones work just fine with it and will be cheaper than W1 headphones. I don't know what the pairing complaints are with bluetooth. My headphones have always paired right up without issue.
    Keep in mind, the W1 IS bluetooth. Just with some apple tweaks on top. The airpods also work on other bluetooth phones.

9. Payton34 macrumors member

Payton34

Bragi Dash are AWESOME!!!! Highly Recommended!!!

10. AndersOlson macrumors member

Agreed. The team does constant updates and is really helpful if needed. I lost a set of fit sleeves and they sent me a whole set entirely free. I'll be buying their next gen product.

11. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Why doesn't the poll list all the W1 chip headphones?

12. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Well said.

iPhone 7 isn't an S model and seems like nothing more than a placeholder until next year's Anniversary Model is released. Between the first gen haptic home button and other new features, I'll happily take a pass and let others be Apple's Beta Testers.

Whether it's called iPhone 7S or 8, next year's iPhone will be the one to buy.

13. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

The worst 2 earbuds I've ever worn were Apple earpods (fell out repeatedly) and Beats "urbeats" earbuds (cut my ears), both are trash as far as I'm concerned. I'll stick with wired earbuds from MEE audio or try one of their wireless products.

14. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

If it's between the Airpods and the Beats X, personally I'm leaning toward the Beats, mostly because that shape of earphone tends to fit better in my ears, but also because I like the ability to control playback and volume via a remote. I currently love my Solo2's but wouldn't mind something smaller for my commute. The magnetic closing of the earphones seems pretty cool too - harder to lose them, I think. I'll check them out.

15. purpleparrotuk macrumors 6502a

purpleparrotuk

I like the but look of Bragi but scared they will fall out and I will lose them.

16. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Those Jet Black Airpods look awesome. Now THOSE I'd seriously consider if the sound is decent. I know some have said they sound just like the EarPods, but I've heard others say they sound better. Only way to find out for myself is to go and listen to them.

17. KPOM macrumors G5

Having had stereo BT earphones in the past, I am definitely going for the AirPods. Not having a connecting cord is a plus for me.

18. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

Have you answered calls? Does only the Smart one have gesture controls?

Which one did you guys get?

Smart one is cool, but I don't need heart rate monitor and all that stuff, and battery life is much shorter. I would like the gesture controls for answering a call..

Can you wear just one to use as BT headset for phone?

19. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

Looking at their website will tell you only the Dash has touch controls and it is the only one that will receive software updates. The cheaper one will have buttons to press so you can answer a call.

20. playaproved macrumors 6502

My wireless headphone setup will be as follows...

AirPods for everyday use around the home and office.

Jaybirds for exercise.

Bose Quietcomfort 35 for travel and any serious listening.

21. clunkmess thread starter macrumors 6502a

clunkmess

I like that.

AirPods - home, work, exercise.

Beats Studio Wireless - plane/travel and TV watching.

22. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Likes that.

AirPods - home, work, exercise and travelling (the last two with strap)
    wired NAD - serious listening.

23. phobos512 macrumors regular

phobos512

They make a tether that you can use for all the time or just workouts or whatever.

https://store.bragi.com/us_en/the-leash.html

Has there been any discussion of licensing the W1 chip - and don't tell me see Beats because they're a wholly owned Apple subsidiary now.

24. Payton34 macrumors member

Payton34

I can tell you that they have stayed secured in my ears with no issue. This includes working out, running, etc. No issues. They have multiple fittings for your ear to ensure a snug fit. They are the best wireless headphones out there in my opinion. I bought the Bragi Dash. My wife pre-ordered the Bragi Headphones. I’ll review them when she gets them in November.