Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which W1 headphones will you be getting with your iPhone 7?

• Apple AirPods

Votes: 51 47.2%
  • BeatsX Earphones

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Other

Votes: 18 16.7%
  • Powerbeats 3 Wireless Earphones

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Beats Solo 3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters

Rasta4i

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2010
London
I'm seriously considering the solo 3's guys, better sound quality, stupidly good battery life and also more controls for playback...

Reactions: clunkmess

clunkmess

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 28, 2011
California
I'm seriously considering the solo 3's guys, better sound quality, stupidly good battery life and also more controls for playback...
Not very practical for casual use though. I have the Beats Wireless Over-The-Ear and they pretty much disable you. They are perfect for the plane/train, however.
[doublepost=1474086969][/doublepost]More choices added to poll.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010

Also much better range but different use case to AirPods.

Will add that it's charged using USB Micro-B. Would be a killer if it's Lightning (for us iPhone/iPad users).

Last edited:

Rasta4i

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2010
London
Not very practical for casual use though. I have the Beats Wireless Over-The-Ear and they pretty much disable you. They are perfect for the plane/train, however.
[doublepost=1474086969][/doublepost]More choices added to poll.
That's something that I'm worried about, so I won't be able to use them day to day?

clunkmess

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 28, 2011
California
That's something that I'm worried about, so I won't be able to use them day to day?
Well of course you can. I'm just saying that they're a little large for the gym and what not; better suited for stationary activities imo - library, home, travel, etc..
The other poll options are better for carrying them around and taking them off to hear someone if needed.

cygnusjen

macrumors member
May 14, 2015
Cincinnati, OH
I have never used the Apple headphones before, the old version hurt like crazy, and the new ones I never even bothered to try, since they are hard plastic I figured why bother because I know they will hurt. Well I broke down and tried them this week since they seem to match the design of the new AirPods, and I'm on bluetooth all day long listening to talk radio, and these look really cool. If they were smaller with a cushioning device to hold them in they would be great. It seems they stay in fine, and sound great. Unfortunately I was right though, day one I seemed mostly ok - I used them for maybe an hour or so total. Two days later tried them again, and shortly after putting them in, the right ear had a very painful spot. I'm kinda disappointed, but since I have fibromyalgia and I'm super sensitive I knew it was a long shot anyway. I'll have to stick with my Jabra with the super soft earpiece but falls out sometimes cheapy bluetooth. Bummer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.