Poll: Who thinks Apple Store will have White iPhone 4 on Launch Day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WardC, Jun 20, 2010.

?

Who thinks white iPhone will be available at Apple Store on Launch Day?

1. Yes, white iPhone will be available, definitely.

41 vote(s)
    15.1%
  2. No, it won't available at all. Why are you even asking?

133 vote(s)
    49.1%
  3. Maybe, there is still a chance! I hope so!

69 vote(s)
    25.5%
  4. I honestly have no idea!

28 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

Who thinks the white iPhone 4 will be available at Apple Store on launch day?

2. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

I don't see a poll. But my answer is:

Nope.

EDIT: Oh, there it is. Still nope.

3. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

You stand a better chance of a glass of ice water in Hell than you do of getting a white iPhone 4 on launch day. :apple:

4. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Nobody will have them launch day. The only reason there is still hope of a white iPhone on launch is due to some of the forum posters that are still in denial of the facts presented to them :p

5. msavwah macrumors 6502

The front is physically different in the pics we have seen.
    My guess is they changed that or had a problem with that part, putting the white later in the manufacturing process.
    That's the flag that went up for me when I first saw the white one. It's not exactly the same as the black model part. Therefore two different models being produced. Not just a different color.

6. Appdict macrumors regular

While I hope everyone who is saying its very unlikely is wrong - it seems very unlikely. I called my Apple Store and they said they had no information regarding what would be shipped to them. Maybe, but very unlikely. I don't know what is holding Apple back, but I don't like it. Keep your fingers crossed, the white is very sexy IMO.

7. anitasanger macrumors member

And what might the facts be, and who were they presented to? The whole point of the white iPhone mystery is that no facts have been disclosed. We would love to have some facts. If you have been presented with facts, please enlighten those of us who have not. The only known fact is that white phones were not available for preorder.

8. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

I think the UK might see iPhone 4's in White on launch day

9. msavwah macrumors 6502

Fact:

The front pieces are not the same. If that's not enough well it's still a different color.

Draw your own conclusions or see mine above.

10. Appdict macrumors regular

Note that the home buttons are white as well.

11. anitasanger macrumors member

drawing conclusions on the similarities or dissimilarities between the white and black iphone 4's is completely irrelevant - that was never the debate. i don't recall anyone in this thread disputing the two phone's differences. as the thread states, this is a discussion about who thinks that the apple store will have the white iphone 4 on launch day......whether or not it's engineered identically to it's black counterpart. gee whiz.

12. msavwah macrumors 6502

It's a poll with a discussion and people are discussing it. Some people are over looking or not aware of the facts.
    It's relevant to the poll.

Look at the pictures of the two and try to imagine why there may not be white available. There is evidence to suggest a few things, and it's totally relevant.

13. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

how is the front physically different? can you explain?

14. msavwah macrumors 6502

Sure check this out
    http://images.apple.com/iphone/gallery/images/gallery03-20100607.jpg

Above the earpiece.

My theory is that they decided to cover the sensors so they would not show through the white as little dots and look like cameras or something.
    So they did a little cover and concealment and that either created a production problem or they scrapped it and went with something else.

Of course other than that, the color and home button color are technically different parts.

15. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

I think I will get the green one on launch day.

16. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

Yeah I'm confused as to the relevance of manufacturing differences as well. We know they are different. So what? All that means is that it will be delayed (which it was). Now we're asking the question: Has enough time passed for them to fix the problem and maybe get at least a few units out to Apple stores for launch day?

Edit: To clarify, what I mean is that the black iPhone has been in manufacturing for weeks now. Let's say for the sake of argument it took them 4 weeks to build up a stock of 600,000 units for launch day. Now then, as many of you have pointed out, the white iPhone probably had a manufacturing snag. That's all good and fine, but if you say for example they spent 3 weeks fixing it, they could still manufacture 150,000 units before launch day. So the question being posed in this thread is not "do you think the white iPhone has an engineering flaw" but rather "do you think they will have any on launch day", which of course it could even if they had to do some last minute tweaking to the design.

17. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

ya i knew about those... i guess Apple thought they were a really big deal after all.. bigger 'problem' than the seams lol :rolleyes:

i'm in canada anyways, hopefully by the time it launches here, the white will be available. :eek:

18. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

The optimist in me says, sure, there's always a chance. The realist in me says not a chance in hell.

19. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

Doubt it.

While a part of me thinks that Apple stores will have a few, the more I think of it the less it makes sense. Why would they alienate their best customers who were chomping at the bit to pre-order?

PLUS.. Having 2 "launch" days is rite up Apple's alley. Double the hype. Double the exposure. Double the smiles from shareholders.

Blonde Buddhist

20. xqb4dpx macrumors member

Apple has never made an announcement that the white iPhone 4 will not be for sale on time. The only 'official' word we have from Apple is the fact that they are simply not up for pre-order. If it really wont' go on sale on the 24th, I'm sure they'll be making an announcement this Tuesday or even tomorrow. However, the leaked AT&T memo proves that Apple *does* know there is something delaying the distribution of the white iPhone 4 and will be restricting access to 3rd parties to compensate. If there was a major problem to the point that they wouldn't be released at all on the promised date, they would make an announcement right then. I believe there will be white iPhone 4's at *Apple Stores* on the 24th.

21. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

There are going to be a lot of tears shed from you people still holding on to hope that there will be one. It will be very entertaining to read all the threads on launch day :D

22. msavwah macrumors 6502

Ok, point. Honestly I was reading another post about this at about the same time
    My opinion is doubtful as they are as of now still unavailable.

"White iPhone currently unavailable for pre-order or in-store pickup"

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone

Btw I just realized that I think the sensor area is the grill mesh like the earpiece.