Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you want more and better emojis?

• yes

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • no

Votes: 30 65.2%

• Total voters

DearthnVader

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 17, 2015
Red Springs, NC
I'm getting board with the limited amount of emojis we have here. While I realize we need to be youth friendly, a few more emojis wouldn't hurt.

Sorry, no bananas that need to learn manners.

Reactions: AngerDanger

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
I'm just waiting for 1x1 pixel emoji so we can type our own images to each other. Eventually maybe somebody could interlace these images and make moving pictures in a Great Interlaced Format file—or GIF for short.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
I agree. I want an emoji for everything, so I can communicate entirely in a weird pseudo-hieroglyphic language.

Words are for chumps.
But if everything is emojis, we won't be able to use Roman numerals for arithmetic any more, since all the letters will be gone. Then how will the bankers and financiers survive? No one will want to visit Vth Avenue or XLIIth St.

Maybe we should use those cool (and scary) Mayan numeric glyphs. Not the dots and bars, but the face glyphs, where the number is represented by the face glyph of the "patron deity" of the number. Also cool (and scary): base-20 (though technically a modified base-5).

Reactions: keysofanxiety

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I'm getting board with the limited amount of emojis we have here. While I realize we need to be youth friendly, a few more emojis wouldn't hurt.

Sorry, no bananas that need to learn manners.
o_O:eek::oops::mad::confused:;):):apple:

I want these but better quality:

5B3BE6DA-6451-4469-930B-8F9C744386DB.gif

6F387E17-FF6D-41C5-BE53-050C44336BE4.gif

Last edited:

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Is this more emojis in general, or more emojis on MacRumors?

Doesn't matter to me either way really
If there were NO emojis at all, I would be fine
But I don't care if there are thousands, as they become meaningless anyway
And who can keep up with them all?
And apparently some of them have hidden meanings that are lost on me, so there's that

I will occasionally send my wife a smiley or a heart, but other than that, not so much
And I don't interact with anyone who sends an abundance either

I don't understand the hatred of them though
Take 'em or leave 'em
And don't sweat the small stuff in life
*its all small stuff

martin2345uk

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
Essex
Only thing I wouldn’t mind is a search box in the emoji keyboard as it’s ridiculous to just scroll through a million emojis looking for the one you want. I might use them a bit more often then...

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Apparently Apple has neglected everything except emojis so Arn should just call up Tim and ask him to lend Macrumors their massive emoji team. /s

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2018
I think we should have a second WWDC in the year just to Apple can go through these new emojis one by one.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
I think we should have a second WWDC in the year just to Apple can go through these new emojis one by one.
Apple should start an Emoji-a-Day club and charge a membership fee.

For extremely dedicated members, for whom one per day is insufficient, other denominations could be provided at different fee levels, say a Peck-per-Fortnight, or Firkin-per-milliCentury. And yes, I expect there to be emojis for peck and firkin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.