POLL: Will you upgrade to Leopard on October 26th?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by netdog, Oct 16, 2007.

?

Will you upgrade to Leopard on October 26th?

  1. You'll find me installing Leopard on October 26th

    87 vote(s)
    57.2%
  2. I will be upgrading that weekend

    20 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. Nope, I'm gonna wait a bit

    45 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. netdog macrumors 603

    netdog

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2006
    Location:
    London
  2. scotthayes macrumors 68000

    scotthayes

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2007
    Location:
    Birmingham, England
  3. woodsie macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2005
    #3
    very tempted but I'll let you guys discover all the bugs for me before I buy. ;)
     
  4. RebelScum macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2007
    Location:
    Toronto
    #4
    Hear here

    Yup, I'm eager to upgrde to Leopard...REALLY eager...but like the last post sez, I'll let you guys beta test it for me. If it's stable, I'll install in a cppl weeks, or wait for 10.5.1. regardless, since I ordered my imac in October, I will definitely be ordering it...I qualify for the $9.95 price. I'm just gonna sit on it for a bit.
     
  5. atari1356 macrumors 68000

    atari1356

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2004
    #5
    I'm going to buy a Mac Pro once Apple updates them - so I'll be "upgrading" to Leopard at the same time. Hopefully the wait isn't much longer.
     
  6. Nugget macrumors 65816

    Nugget

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2002
    Location:
    Houston Texas USA
    #6
    I've been testing it for you for a few months now. The last few developer builds have been quite solid. I don't think you've got anything to worry about.
     
  7. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

    Rodimus Prime

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2006
    #7
    I was going to until apple decided to blindside students by jacking up there edu price by over 50% I had budget for 80 bucks at most on it.

    Well now it looks like it will be a while before i even think about it.
     
  8. runchuckrun macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2006
    #8
    I am waiting to see how well they have fixed their Firewire buss problems on the Intel machines.

    Also, has the networked mounted volume hang-up been resolved?

    Tiger on an Intel Mac was a mixed blessing. In my opinion, it was a work in progress. I'll be more than happy to upgrade to Leopard if they strengthen the core of the networking services in OS X.
     
  9. jackc macrumors 65816

    jackc

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2003
    #9
    Waiting for the new MB. Give us a MacBook Christmas, Apple!
     
  10. twoodcc macrumors P6

    twoodcc

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2005
    Location:
    Right side of wrong
  11. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

    ivi7

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2007
    #11
    I would have but after seeing the EDU discounts I would have to wait.
     
  12. adamzx3 macrumors regular

    adamzx3

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2007
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    #12
    I will be installing the 26th...on a external disk :) if everything works as it should then I will reformat and install.

    EDU Pricing is ridiculous!! aperture was like 50% off! I wonder if they will lower it once the release hype is over??
     
  13. twoodcc macrumors P6

    twoodcc

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2005
    Location:
    Right side of wrong
    #13
    yeah edu discount wasn't as much on iwork either as it used to be...or ilife
     
  14. j/k/Andy macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2007
  15. josiahcooper macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2007
    #15
    sadly i have to pay for my car insurance this week. so leopard is going to have to wait
     
  16. yellow Moderator emeritus

    yellow

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2003
    Location:
    Portland, OR
    #16
    I voted on waiting a bit.. mainly because I will get it free as part of a site license.
     
  17. Eric Piercey macrumors 6502

    Eric Piercey

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2006
    Location:
    Perpetual Bondage
    #17
    Waiting a bit. Actually I'm waiting for a Mac Pro update. I'm not sinking another dime into my G5 unless it's to keep it running.
     
  18. Cyclotrode macrumors regular

    Cyclotrode

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2007
    Location:
    Virginia
    #18
    The only waiting I'll be doing will be on October 26th at the Apple Store. Within an hour after buying OS X, I will be doing the install process on my MacBook Pro. :D
     
  19. thegrifman macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2006
    Location:
    Kennesaw, GA
    #19
    I'm going to wait a bit just because I should be getting a free copy via ADC and I seriously doubt it will arrive on the 26th ;)
     
  20. RebelScum macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2007
    Location:
    Toronto
    #20
    Ya, usually the OS releases are quite good. Still, I've never gone bleeding edge with Apple and I never will...but with Leopard, I'll likely install sooner than later :) I appreciate your input re. the solid build...can't wait to check it out!
     
  21. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

    FJ218700

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2007
    Location:
    Blue Dot, Red State
    #21
    picking it up from a re-seller @ 6:00, installing on the PB on the drive home.
     
  22. Kinkade macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2007
    Location:
    California
    #22
    I just placed my pre-order, so I will be installing it on the 26th if all goes as planned.
     
  23. California King macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2007
    #23
    Does anyone know if Best Buy will have Leopard on the 26th? My BB has an Apple area and I don't want to drive to an Apple store.
     
  24. hcuar macrumors 65816

    hcuar

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2004
    Location:
    Dallas
    #24

    I'd say... no.

    The BB's in my area never have it within the first month (Apple SW).
     
  25. glennsan macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2002
    Location:
    San Diego
    #25
    That is my update plan as well.

    Glennsan
     

Share This Page