[poll] Would you buy an iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jacksonc, Mar 6, 2014.

?

Would you buy an iPad Pro?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. No

63 vote(s)
    64.9%
  1. Jacksonc macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

What do you consider an iPad pro?

If by being larger iPad then no, I'm more of a fan of the mini form factor.

3. Jacksonc thread starter macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

4. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

Probably not. I like the current ipad form and have no use for a tablet with a desktop operating system, if that's what the ipad pro is supposed to be. However, if the rumors turn out to be true that the next version will be some kind of combined macbook/ipad hybrid for the entry level sector I will be very tempted.

5. Centris 650 macrumors 6502a

Centris 650

I probably would buy it. If it came with the ability to use pressure sensitive stylus for drawing...I'd buy one in a heart beat.

6. EarthMan77 macrumors newbie

Oh HELL YEAH Ill buy a 13 inch ipad.

That would be incredible.

7. taptic macrumors 65816

taptic

I might buy one... but maybe we should wait to ask this until they announce one...

8. Skika macrumors 68030

Would i buy a 13 inch iPad pro ios and os x hybrid?

No i wouldnt and also i would sell all my Apple products as it would have been a clear sign that they lost their mind and started to produce garbage.

9. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

I would buy one only if it comes with an anti glare high resolution screen like the "old" MacBook Pros had

10. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Depends upon what a mythical iPad Pro consisted of.

I'd want it to have the hardware connectivity/capabilities as the Surface RT. (microHDMI, USB, microSD, bluetooth mouse)

Given Apple's tablet philosophy, such a device is impossible.

Bottom line: no, I wouldn't buy an iPad Pro.

11. HarryWarden macrumors 6502a

Not a 13' inch version, no. That's way too big for a tablet alone. Maybe if it was an iPad/MacBook Air combo like the Surface where it came with a keyboard and either the screen or keyboard was detachable. Couldn't they make a combo that has the trackpad and regular size MacBook keyboard with the ability to detach the screen whereby it would then function as an iPad. When connected to the keyboard/trackpad it would function as a normal laptop.

12. lahin macrumors newbie

Did anybody else read the title as "Would you buy an iPad bro"? :D

Anyways, to answer the question- no, I would not.

13. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

14. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

If it had larger minimum storage and supported multiple accounts I'd buy it.

15. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Not me, I think I will stay with the MacBook Pro/ iPad rMini combo.

16. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

A iPad pro and mini as couple: yes, would do that. Would fit my usage pattern for a bigger screen in stationary mode and mini version while moving.

17. boast macrumors 65816

boast

I think they need to update iOS to be more "pro" for the iPad rather than creating a whole new device.

18. cynics macrumors G3

If it ran OSX or something very similar (a hybrid like mentioned) then I would seriously entertain the idea.

If it ran normal iOS then no. I feel iOS is a handicap for the current iPads (IMO). When I'm using my iPad now and I need to do something more serious for the iPad I either goto my Mac or reach for an Android device (task depending).

19. allanfries, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2014

allanfries macrumors 6502a

allanfries

No, I love the compact travel size of the mini. I have a MacBook pro for anything I need to do on a larger screen. ;)

20. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I love the 9.7 inch screen of the iPad. But I really don't think I would want a 13 inch iPad. It would be cool and everything but not really for me.

21. Bear macrumors G3

I don't buy by name, I buy by my needs and spec of device. Without knowing what you mean by iPad pro, this poll is rather meaningless.

22. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Only if iPad Pro is running OS X Maverick and the price is right then maybe. :apple:

23. yegon, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014

yegon macrumors 68020

Nope, I'd continue to use my macbook pro as, short of some new paradigm in user interface/controls, a tablet still massively lags behind a keyboard/mouse/trackpad in the controls stakes in terms of precision and speed.

Plus, there's the os and performance to consider - I truly love my iPad for consumption but it's positively Fisher Price for work purposes. Yeah yeah, I know you can use an iPad for productivity, but it doesn't mean you should. The iPad is horribly compromised to the point where I think people who proclaim theirs as their one and only are either incredibly light computer users (which is fine, not a criticism), or are doing so because they think it's somehow cool or an achievement. A bigger screen and more ram won't suddenly make the iPad a serious consideration vs a decent laptop, and the idea of the imminent arrival of OSX on an iPad is a pipe dream - a misguided pipe dream too for a multitude of very obvious reasons that anyone can figure out with a little thought.

Whenever I hear wistful talk of an iPad Pro running OSX, aside from an addition like a Wacom digitiser which'd actually make it useful for certain productivity, I can't help thinking "ffs just buy an 11" mba".

24. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

No, I prefer the screen size as it is...I'm still using my 4 and the screen is optimised. I can't see the point in a larger iPad....why not by an 11" MBP or similar if you need that functionality.

If they do produce one though, it points further towards the integration os OSX and IOS. Something I think has been on the cards for a long time...Not a huge fan of the idea myself, but I guess that would depend on how they do it.