Poll: Would you buy an iPhone again?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by megfilmworks, Sep 30, 2007.

1. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Given what you know today, the negative publicity, the "controlling ways" of Apple, not being able to unlock and swap sims, etc.
    Would you still buy an iPhone today?

2. aerospace macrumors 6502a

3. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I chose "What's an iPhone" just for the hell of it :D:apple:

4. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Absolutely.

I didn't buy it with the expectation the general community would be able to update and extend it so much. I bought it because I wanted a phone, a PDA and an iPod all in one device instead of having to haul three around.

5. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

I bought the iPhone for all the cool technology and features Apple bragged about. Of course, I'd buy one again. My plan isn't that bad at all and EDGE isn't that slow :p.

I'm more than happy with my iPhone :)

6. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

I agree. I completely appreciate the desire to extend the funtionality (SDK still to come with Leopard, perhaps?), but I bought it for the features Apple promised and delivered. And I think if they keep adding new things over time, I'll continue to be happy. iChat is the one missing app I feel like was a true oversight by Apple. But I'm hoping they'll add it at some point via another update. Call me crazy, but I buy electronics for what they can do, not what I hope to hack them to do.

Edit: and by the way, I'll be curious to see how many people who say "No Way" now buy the next generation down the road when it's 3G with GPS and a bunch of upgrades.... (Of course I'm sure they'll find something else to complain about by then.)

7. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

It's a really good idea for a poll, but those extra options are just going to give misleading results.

8. Cyclotrode macrumors regular

Cyclotrode

Of course I would buy one! I've had mine since release day and still love it.

9. megfilmworks thread starter macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

I couldn't resist :rolleyes:

10. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

You bet.

I bought the phone knowing what it did. Its still missing a handful of features I'd like to have someday, but those features aren't enough for me to switch phones.

11. beedyb220 macrumors newbie

iPhone

I think that I would probably would have waited for more apps to come out for the iPhone before purchasing. 3rd party apps tipped the scale for me when I brought it.

12. megfilmworks thread starter macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Knowing that, would you buy it today?

13. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

Could you explain more clearly?

What "negative publicity" will make my future iPhone less useful and simple to use?

What "controlling ways" has Apple shown? I see lots of suspicion without evidence (some 3rd party apps break--it must be on purpose!?) except for the AT&T exclusive, which is common among phones.

Is the AT&T tie-in anything new? I knew about it in January.

So what, exactly, is new and different now?

As for official support for 3rd-party apps, that can come when the iPhone platform is more mature. How could Apple support them now, while the iPhone is young and evolving fast, without apps breaking left and right? Or worse, Apple could refrain from improving the mobile OS if those improvements break apps? This would be a miserable experience for developers AND users. There's very GOOD reason not to support 3rd-party apps--yet. Hang in there, and when the time is right, lets hope Apple remembers how much we want that 3rd-party support.

14. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I am considering to get a Sony Ericsson K850i when that is released, since Jobs knows when - or even if :eek: - the iPhone will be released here in Norway.

But, if the iPhone was available, I'd get it now, even without 3G and possibility for my own ring tones (not music)! And I'd update it to 1.1.1 as fast as possible... upgrades are good... hacking is bad... m'kay...?

15. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I would not, not because of the unlocking thing, or the third party app thing. Because the ringtones on the iPhone suck so so so so bad, and now I can not have my own on there anymore. And no I do not want a stupid song.

16. megfilmworks thread starter macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Just passing on some of the sentiment I have seen on numerous posts.
    Anyone who reads my posts knows that I have a very set opinion on this, but I want to see what MacRumors posters think in a poll.

17. cmaier macrumors G3

Therefore you have to spam every thread with announcements of this dopey poll?

18. ogee macrumors 6502

No I wouldnt right now. In fact Ive just put mine up for sale in e-bay. Whilst I like the iPhone, it lacks a few things for me. If I could personalize it, then it would solve the problems. Having said that on my Nokia phones I only have a couple of things I have added myself so I dont need much. I think a standard iPod or Touch would suit me better and stay with my Nokia phone ... for now.

19. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

20. Gonzlobo Suspended

For the nice feature the iphone has, yes. For the mind games apple plays on their fanboys, no.

I don't trust a company that deeply discounts a product so soon after it debuts. The last thing I want to do is buy an over-priced computer (or another item) then have it discounted (for newer customers) by 33%.

My last phone was 3 years old, so I'm not one to get a new phone just because there's a new one out. If there's a cooler iphone in 3 years, I might consider it.

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I AM BOYCOTTING THIS POLL.

I have seen the OP post this poll in many threads. Annoys me. I don't know why. :rolleyes:

22. megfilmworks thread starter macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

And the threads I'm posting in are heavily anti-apple so at least I'm getting a fair response.
    Don't you want to know what the percentage is?
    Or may it disagree with your opinion?
    By the way please vote before you boycott!

23. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I hate to break it to you and bust your bubble, but we DID know what we "know now" when the iPhone came out.

24. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I couldn't care less what the % is quite frankly. I'm happy with mine.

25. megfilmworks thread starter macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

That's fine, but others may care. Over 100 votes in a very short time. By the way I am very happy with mine as well and have bought two more since my first. (gfs)