Poll xbox 360 or ps3

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by tim100, Aug 9, 2009.

?

xbox 360 or ps3 which do you own?

1. xbox

33 vote(s)
    37.1%
  2. ps3

37 vote(s)
    41.6%
  3. both

19 vote(s)
    21.3%
  1. tim100 macrumors 65816

In the picture gallery mr forums I see alot of xbox 360's. how many have one?

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

3. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Or a just a 360

Leaves topic forever... tee he he

4. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

If I had the money I'd also buy a ps3 and a wii.;)

5. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I only have a 360, but thats a money issue. I'll have a PS3 before GoW3 comes out.
    Let me rephrase.
    I'll have a PS3 before GoW3 comes out, or I'm holding a nursery hostage until Sony meets my demands.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

360 and Wii. I've love a PS3 but I'm a poor ex-student still :p. And I've never spent more than £200 for a games console. But a £200 graphics card? Yes :D.

7. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

360 and a Wii. I would have bought a PS3 long ago if the price were not so high. I don't play my consoles very much nowadays so I'm not sure I'll ever end up getting one at this point.

8. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

The PS3 is just too expensive for the current market of games. Plus, not that many games are exclusive to the PS3 that make the PS3 worth getting. Not to mention, the PS3's multiplayer capabilities are still blah compared to the 360's.

The Blu-ray player is nice, but how often do I really use that?

9. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

I have an Xbox 360 and a Wii. A Wii for Nintendo's first-party games, and a 360 for literally everything else. I don't see much need for a PS3 if I already have a 360. Most games I like are multi-platform anyway, and 360 has Xbox Live.

10. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I could not justify two new consoles, Halo sucked me into the 360.

11. PowerGamerX macrumors 6502a

PowerGamerX

I have a PS3, its fun and all, but most of the fun is had on my PowerBook and my gaming tower :cool:

12. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

PS3, came with the TV, used as a media centre mostly.

Own about 3 games for it, not much of a gamer really.

13. londonmystery macrumors 6502

londonmystery

PS3 all the way, we have a 360 in the house, belongs to my 9 year old daughter. Online for PS3 is awesome and its free, have met some great people online and even met a few in person. :):)

14. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

He wasn't asking which you prefered. Simply do you have either or both ;) I hope you chose option C ;):)

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

PS3 for me. The blu-ray capability coupled with the awesome graphics really make it a great console :)

16. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Wow, seems to be pretty balanced.

I only own a PS3, and it's keeping me plenty busy.

17. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

PS3 was no brainer for me. I needed wlan and I'm not ready to pay 70€ per year for XBOX Live. Also, the failure rate of X360s was too high IMO + all my friends have PS3

18. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I had a 360 first, but got a Wii and PS3 when they came out. I found I didn't play the 360 anymore so I sold it. Nice system (loud, though), but I just didn't use it enough to warrant holding onto it.

19. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I've had a Wii since launch date. Now that I have a standalone BD player that CNet says is faster than the PS3, I really don't see the need for another game console (as if I really ever did).

I'm still miffed about the disaster that was NCAA Football 09 for Wii (Would it be overboard to call it the 9/11 of gaming? Yes. But you get my point.) But that's about the only drawback I have had on the system. The Zelda game was completely awesome when it first came out, and I have bought a few others as time went on -- Mario Kart, SM Galaxy, a couple of Guitar Heroes, Wii Sports Resort. GH3 got kind of stale at times, but GHWT has kept me going because the songs are a lot better -- and I don't even own the full band kit. The other Nintendo-made games are good for extended gameplay. I also bought the DDR games, which only lack in the ultra-cartoony graphics.

I hear a lot about all of these "blockbuster" games for the 360/PS3, but I never really have gotten into these. I played Doom and Half-Life back in the day, and I can really only shoot up so much stuff. Maybe it's my short attention span. If you guys like the systems, awesome. I just haven't figured out the appeal of the more-powerful ones, aside from the graphics looking better.

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Heh, same. I'm trying to give some of these games a go now I have my own 360 (and no risk of losing saves to snotty brothers :mad:), but they're all mostly disappointments. I think Fallout 3 is the only one of these I've really enjoyed, out of curiosity have you tried that? The pacing might be a little slow but it's certainly up there with the Dooms, Dukes and Half Lifes.

I think Rock Band 2 is the only 360/PS3 game I can really get lost in. :eek: You should try that too if you haven't and I'm not even into these rhythm games! But as a multiplayer game its brilliant.

21. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

I have PS3. More because all my friends have PS3s and that I'm a huge Metal Gear Solid fan, and that was PS3 exclusive.

I've used my brothers 360, and my mums got a Wii that keeps us entertained when I go see her. I dont see why people say the xbox has better online, as really thats the game developers choice on how many online features to put in. I havent seen that much of the 360's built in online features, but the PS3 has Playstation Home (a interactive world, kind of Second Life esque), Some global news thing where you spin the world around to see the local news, and obviously friends lists and the usual jazz.

22. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I got all those bitches yo....I'm a pimp!;):D

Note: What about the Wii....its a good console and this is a three way street so next time ya'll bring up Sony, Apple or MS don't forget the big Wii baby!:)

Bless

23. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

And it ain't just consoles he pimps out! I'm still sore ;):p:p:p:p

24. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

you HAD to go there.

25. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I haven't really tried any shooters recently aside from two SOCOM games on PS2. Those were pretty good for a bit. I just had trouble at times figuring out WTF was going on. I got tired of the "shoot this" genre a while ago mainly due to the gluttony of games.

I have pretty good music skills, so I can dig games like Guitar Hero. I bought a Game Cube because of Donkey Konga. That's a hella fun game, especially given how many years ago it was developed. Now with guitar, microphone and a drum set, it's insane. I sometimes wish GH looked more "realistic," but I'll deal with it just like I do DDR.