Poor Apple, Android Users Put Them in a Can't Win Situation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NebulaClash, Jun 6, 2011.

1. NebulaClash macrumors 68000

NebulaClash

All tech companies respond to market demand. They also see what competitors are doing and they respond to that. But while Google gets to turn Android right around and look like iPhones, Apple never is allowed to do anything according to Android users.

1. Apple misses a feature Android has: LOL, Apple is behind, they suck, they can't compete. C'mon, Apple, give us this feature already!

2. Apple listens to the demand, adds the feature: LOL, Apple has to copy Android. They are falling behind. They can't compete. C'mon, Apple, quit copying Android!

In other words, Apple cannot win. No matter what they do, this serves as proof to the Android camp that Apple is wrong.

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Apple is a leader. Either follow or get out of the way. :apple:

4. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Apple is eating **** right now and rightfully so because Apple and Apple fans make a huge deal when ever someone MINORLY copies Apple and then then do not forget the 2011 year of the copy cats from Apple.

Now Apple does some very blantant coping and almost everyone one of their new features is a pretty huge copy. They are going to eat it.

if you noticed the fans of the other companies nor the other company (RIM, MS, Android, and palm) never say anything much when they copy each other. It might be pointed out hell even among the fans they will say something about it but it is meh. But Apple fans on the other hand make a huge deal about it so Apple is eating crow. What goes around comes around.

5. bailorg macrumors member

bailorg

Bingo. The thing that sets iOS, and Apple in general, apart isn't the feature list, but the fit and finish of the whole user interface. It's one thing to have a feature listed on a sell sheet, it's quite another to integrate that feature into a pleasant, easy to understand user interface.

6. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

No worries OP, the only people who bash Apple are those who are insecure in their own purchases. They have to put someone else down to feel better about the device they have. Its simple psychology.

7. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

so what does that say about Apple fanboys who are the worse at doing that?

8. TheSideshow macrumors 6502

Why would people feel insecure about spending less on a product? We CAN use your logic for Apple purchasers though, since they have a reason to need to justify their purchase. It does fit the Apple persona well.

How can you tell someone uses a Mac? They will tell you.

9. qacjared macrumors regular

Apple can win.

As a AAPL shareholder, do I care what pundits say? do I care what people on the internet say? No. The question is can Apple make a great product, sell lots of it, and make a lot of money. Andriod users don't buy stuff. They can talk all they want to, but it's cheap.

By all measures, they have won where it counts. Apple is the second biggest company in the world.

Let them whine. $$ speaks for itself.

10. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

See what I mean OP? ;)

11. TooSmooth macrumors member

Look at it this way. Each feature apple is adding with ios5 is or can be done on android already.

12. TheSideshow macrumors 6502

Sorry remind me, as someone who has owned an iPhone before, why I am insecure? I actually bought an OG iPhone on the day of its release. Up until last year I had no problems saying iPhone was the best smartphone, but things have changed.

13. NebulaClash thread starter macrumors 68000

NebulaClash

Yes, fanboys on all sides exhibit insecurity when they feel the need to attack others.

Me? I'm happy for Android users. But I like Apple products very much, and with each new revision to iOS it reduces the check list items that people love to shove at Apple as if they are deficient because of some list of features. Now Android fans will have to come up with new reasons to hate Apple cuz the old complaints won't apply any more.

And yes, Apple continues to clean up in the market. Most people will barely have heard of the cloud before this week, but they're going to know about it now as Apple publicizes their version of it. That's what Apple does best: take features and make it work great.

14. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

What I amazed about is how much stuff some android users are just flat out making up about what they can do with their devices.. It is a little weird, and I feel sad for them.

15. TheSideshow macrumors 6502

Lets think rationally. We have no idea how the iCloud service will work yet.

If we changed "work great" to "market great" I will agree completely.

16. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Spot on.

17. TheSideshow macrumors 6502

You can do a ton with Android. Android is great for that. Android's problem is that it lets people run free and its not polished. It REALLY should be just for geeks. I am surprised it has gotten as big as it has to be honest and I would really like Windows Phone and iPhone to run the market and not Android.

Im currently an Android user

18. wovel macrumors 68000

You are only posting here to try and justify your purchase of a product that has always been inferior, and is just becoming more so. It makes you feel better for a bit. Your only shot at long term happiness is to admit your mistake, dump whatever POS you bought and pick up a real mobile device. PS your phone won't run Android 4 and if it really cost less then an iPhone (as you stated) it won't run 3 either.

Good luck.

19. TheSideshow macrumors 6502

Wow dude, good job. Now read my post above yours and see if you think the same.

People here are incapable of thinking rationally and dont think anyone else can be objective about items they own.

20. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

It all boils down to this: Who cares?
    Who cares is Google copies Apple, or Apple copies Google? Honestly, let them work it out. We're all consumers, and those companies try to do their best to give us what we want. And so far, Apple has done a good job to satisfy my needs, and I'm sure that Google has done a great job at making their costumers happy. Everyone is biased, and will always favor one side over the other, so what's the point? There's a reason we have multiple companies that make these produces. There is no such thing as 'one size fits all' when it comes to technology. People do things differently in the real world, and that reflects on what phones, tablets, and computers they end up using.

21. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

Either way, we win. Apple listened to the complaints and implemented it. The android way to displaying notifications is wonderful and a similar feature was added to IOS5, which I am happily waiting for.

22. NebulaClash thread starter macrumors 68000

NebulaClash

It is an assumption on my part, to be sure, since I've not yet used iCloud. But I make this assumption because of how Steve reacted to the the Mobile Me debacle, how determined he is to move in this direction, and the massiveness of the NC data center. I think iCloud will work great with maybe an initial hiccup or two, but not one that most users will ever notice. For the vast majority of average users, it will just work, and it will feel like magic.

23. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

24. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

It's not that and I shouldn't have quoted you in the second post I made my apologies its just that anytime someone says something good about Apple there are 50 people to beat that person down, even on Mac rumors of all places where you would think most people like Apple products.

Its simply tiring of hearing all the Apple bashing and people screaming about the "fanboys" (go to Engadget once and count the replies to the Apple articles, you will literally see about a 50 - 1 ratio of Apple haters to Apple likers with all the haters screaming about the non-existant "fanboys".

The truth is, whether anyone likes it or not Apple makes excellent products. Its near impossible to find anything as well made as the items they make, yet anytime something new is released there is a slew of people just waiting to bash. I just find it funny how they keep breaking sales records with these terrible terrible products :rolleyes:

25. pyro008 macrumors 6502

The thing is they're taking 3-4 extra months to copy features.