iPhone XS Max Poor quality iPhone XS Max, for Me = RETURN

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Just unpacked my iPhone XS Max 512... and the case is squeaking. If I gently "twist" it the phone gives me shoe type load squeaky noise. It is really annoying to pay 1500+ for the product and have such a poor quality. I'm going to return it back and be off market this year.

SnacksGU

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2018
USA
Just unpacked my iPhone XS Max 512... and the case is squeaking. If I gently "twist" it the phone gives me shoe type load squeaky noise. It is really annoying to pay 1500+ for the product and have such a poor quality. I'm going to return it back and be off market this year.
Get a replacement.

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
May be I get a replacement. But not now. I’m really tired to pay and get a lemon dvery year. :-( I post a video soon.

Reactions: wolfaaron

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I’m not gonna lie, when I’m wiping my screen off or anything like that I’m getting some creaking too. I doubt I’ll return it because it doesn’t drive me too crazy.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona
I know it’s disappointing to get something that doesn’t meet your expectations but, you may try to tighten the two pentalope screws at he base of the phone to see if it cures the problem..

cwilliams706

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2017
Columbus, GA
I get what you’re trying to say, what prompted you to attempt this upon “first inspection” though? I tried to recreate the scenrio, my device seems to be fine. Good luck my friend!

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
PVB, Florida
I hear problems every year but never experience them. Sucks for your situation, but all you can do is replace it.
True. Have to admit I did have the clicking issue when squeezing top of 8+. Not sure why I would do that normally though.

jk1211

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2018
Yes there is the tiniest of faint click when you gently make a twisting motion holding the top and bottom.

This is not new to modern glass sandwich iphones. There is a plastic layer between the metal frame and screen for shock absorption; now not only on the screen but back too. There's also adhesive on the edge of the screen for waterproofing that could be creaking a little when you stress it.

It will make a slight noise, this is very normal. It cannot be rigid like a tank, simply physics. But yes if it is more than faint swap it out under 14 days free at the Apple Store very simple. If you have buyer's remorse that's a different topic.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.