Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
It needs (better) Google Calendar support. I know it supports synced calendars in a round about way through the builtin calendar app, but it isn't ideal and it merges all synced calendars into 1.

What calendars are you using? I went ahead and got this, and the default calendar app has gone into the I don't use folder already..
I've just created a test appointment in my default google calendar and it's showing up differently from the family one that's shared with the husband, and then different to the UK holidays one I'm subscribed to.

Gala

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2012
I also read that you can specify which calendar your appointment goes to by adding in a hashtag of sorts at the end of the native language. Haven't tried this myself yet though

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
Anyone know if there's a Fantastical for iPads? Seems odd to have it available for Macs and iPhones, but not iPads. :confused:

Of course, with iCloud sync, any changes made on my MBP and iPhone will show up on the iCal on he iPad. Not the beautiful Fantastical format, though.

Gala

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2012
Anyone know if there's a Fantastical for iPads? Seems odd to have it available for Macs and iPhones, but not iPads. :confused:

Of course, with iCloud sync, any changes made on my MBP and iPhone will show up on the iCal on he iPad. Not the beautiful Fantastical format, though.

I think they're working on it now. The thing to remember with these app developers is that they are usually a small team which means they focus on 1 app at a time. They made a great Mac app, then iPhone because more people have iPhones, now I expect the iPad one to finish off the cycle.

silver25u

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
What calendars are you using? I went ahead and got this, and the default calendar app has gone into the I don't use folder already..
I've just created a test appointment in my default google calendar and it's showing up differently from the family one that's shared with the husband, and then different to the UK holidays one I'm subscribed to.

My Google Calendars account has 4 different calendars. When I add calendars to my Gmail account in "Mail, Contacts, and Calendars" it displays in both the builtin calendar app and Fantastical as a single calendar with my email address. My Google account is setup on my phone as an exchange account.

Wj4g

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.