Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

codeeater

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2022
Munich
Is it just me or have the star outlines, marking popular tracks in albums, disappeared from Apple Music?

I no longer see them in MacOS music app and in the web version... I do see them on my iPhone though.

codeeater

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2022
Munich
Damn. I tested this in an incognito Chrome window, not even logged into Apple Music. So how could it be only me I wonder?
Could it be related to region? Only broken in German Apple Music? Any other users from Germany here?

I need to try through VPN. I cannot switch to US Apple Music (even not logged in) currently.

codeeater

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2022
Munich
I can see the stars in the Music app on macOS Monterey. UK here.
Thanks 211! Interesting... I wonder if this "popular track" information is sourced from regional data anyway, or if users across regions have seen the same hot tracks in the past.
Maybe this changed recently and Germany has not collected enough data yet to provide this information...

Still confused and waiting for feedback from another German region user.

codeeater

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2022
Munich
Could we compare screens? I just picked a popular album - Pet Sounds - where I'm sure, that hot tracks should exist. This is from private Safari session (none - but there used to be markers) and from my iPhone (1 and 8 marked).

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-28 um 16.37.03.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-28 um 16.37.03.png
    745.5 KB · Views: 79
  • PNG-Bild 2.png
    PNG-Bild 2.png
    851.6 KB · Views: 73

codeeater

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2022
Munich
It's the same in logged in state - in Music app on MacOS and in Safari.
I also tried logging in and out - on several Macbooks - in Music app. No luck.

I was just posting the example from not-logged-in state, because in the past even there the markers appeared.

codeeater

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2022
Munich
In case anyone is interested: the stars have re-appeared recently - but I cannot pinpoint to a specific release or point in time. They are just back. I was in touch with Apple Support about this - they had no clue what I was talking about or why this was happening - after that, they never got back to me about solutions.

peneaux

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2020
I was checking and the only way to show stars now is when you see your library in SONG LIST. Not when you click on an album, which is annoying.

peneaux

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2020
Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 09.40.10.png

No option to enable STAR RATINGS.

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 09.38.37.png

Songs are rated in list view.

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 09.34.42.png

Does not show in ALBUM VIEW.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.