Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Portenzo!

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2010
Hello all! (shipping, emails, stickers, and stiff spines)

Hi guys (and gals!), I do apologize for the delay in responding to some emails. We expected sales to drop off after the Holiday season, and, well, that did not happen. So, we were caught a little off guard with the continued volume. (if you emailed and did not get a response in several days, then please re-send)

I will do my best to respond to all emails within 24 hours or less.

Shipping times are slipping a bit, but we are catching up.

If you like the stiffer spine that stays more upright for typing angles, your in luck. Our newest model now has a much stiffer spine when opened all the way. (no need to request it, all currently shipping cases are this model.)

Ohh, and the Portenzo ID sticker on the inside of the case cover is easily removable if you don't want it. It won't leave a residue or mark. The second sticker in the package is not a mistake, we include an extra, just in case you want to re-write it, or give the case away later...

Thanks again, and super thanks for your patience!

Darin, Nicole, Kris, & Team Portenzo

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Hi guys (and gals!), I do apologize for the delay in responding to some emails. We expected sales to drop off after the Holiday season, and, well, that did not happen. So, we were caught a little off guard with the continued volume. (if you emailed and did not get a response in several days, then please re-send)

I will do my best to respond to all emails within 24 hours or less.

Shipping times are slipping a bit, but we are catching up.

If you like the stiffer spine that stays more upright for typing angles, your in luck. Our newest model now has a much stiffer spine when opened all the way. (no need to request it, all currently shipping cases are this model.)

Ohh, and the Portenzo ID sticker on the inside of the case cover is easily removable if you don't want it. It won't leave a residue or mark. The second sticker in the package is not a mistake, we include an extra, just in case you want to re-write it, or give the case away later...

Thanks again, and super thanks for your patience!

Darin, Nicole, Kris, & Team Portenzo

Portenzo is the best! I am an apple fanboy and now a Portenzo fanboy! Their products and customer service is great! And drain you are so dedicated to your customers! You have no idea how much I appreciate this!!!

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
I agree Portenzo is the best! Love my wild boar case and can't wait to get one for my ipad2!!!

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
I just received my replacement and everything is better! The whole thing is stiff, my iPad fits flushly and over all it is AWESOME.

bklam

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
I've been using the double black for about 3 weeks now and i have to say the case is beautiful. One thing that i'm starting to notice is that the spine is starting to weaken and not holding up the ipad is a straight angle. It didn't to begin with but it's sliding down more and more when folded. Just a couple things to keep in mind, but from what Darin has said, this has been solved.

utl768

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2009
can you use this case with the speck screen protector film

i have a sena folio right now but would love access to the whole screen with this case

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
I previously reviewed the standard Portenzo Notebook case (Mine is blue :cool:) and just reviewed the Composition style case if you're interested. I also highlight and show a bit more on how the corners look and function compared to other cases of this style.. =)

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUZ0N9OwvAA

Absolutely love the Portenzo cases!

PacMookBro

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2007
I previously reviewed the standard Portenzo Notebook case (Mine is blue :cool:) and just reviewed the Composition style case if you're interested. I also highlight and show a bit more on how the corners look and function compared to other cases of this style.. =)

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUZ0N9OwvAA

Absolutely love the Portenzo cases!

Yet another great review of Portenzo. The composition case is beautiful and hides away shiny iPad in public. :) So you now have two Portenzo cases? When do you use which?

Mac2.O

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2011
Arlington, TX
Great Case - Great Company

Just received my Composition Notebook case. Totally impressed with it - even better than I expected. I read the reviews and checked out all four of the companies that do these type of iPad cases. Portenzo came the most highly rated, and now seeing it, I agree - as high-quality as you can get. Arrived with a hand-signed tag, & logo'd screen-cleaner cloth too! They also have about the slickest shipping tracker system I've seen, and when I emailed them about a glitch on their web site late one week - I got a reply from Darin that weekend. Great case - great company!

LanikaiGirl

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2007
I don't know if you're still lurking here LanikaiGirl, but if you are how long did it take Portenzo to ship you your Teju skin case from the day you ordered it? Thanks! (if ya see this) :D

I would say about a month. It was a special order and difficult to make. Darin was also in the middle of a design change, and wanted to make it with the newest updates. I will say, it was worth the wait.

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Has anyone else noticed how Portenzo's craftsman ship has decreased? I recently got a replacement because my first case the iPad didn't fit in flushly no matter what way I put it in. With my replacement it didn't come with an inside Portenzo sticker, which is understandable, but now the corners seem to lift or force the iPad out and the interior paper is starting to come off of the spine. For these reasons I've been using my iCase, but it's extremely thick compared to the naked iPad and the Portenzo. Oh well, I hope they make better cases so they don't loose customers as I really love them and their ethnicity.

stoplis

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2009
I received mine today and I couldn't be happier.
Here is some photos...

5456329582_b24c4f36c6_z.jpg

5455720355_f0b2e99883_z.jpg

5455796567_67a09e437e_z.jpg

More photos here.

ksmith80209

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
How's the stiffness of the binding on the new Portenzo? I've gone back to my old DodoCase from the Portenzo due to the slop in the Portnezo's binding. Just got annoyed with how it wouldn't stand up at all.

ksmith80209

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Has anyone else noticed how Portenzo's craftsman ship has decreased?

Yes. I have an Alano and it's got two big issues. First, there's a spot on the leather where it's super thin - almost like the hide had a deep barbed-wire mark or something. It feels like it could easily tear in the spot. Second, the bottom right corner doesn't seem to fit properly. The Alano is a lot less stiff than the original Portnezo and tends to flex a bit. When this happens, the iPad actually pops out on that bottom corner. Pretty annoying.

bthompson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
Well I started this thread and wanted to chime in on my daily use of the Portenzo. This case still looks great as from day 1, and I continue to get compliments on it. Early on my iPad was coming loose but Darren and his team repaired mine and it's worked great since. I think this was a fluke as I have had no problems since. The spine on mine isn't as strong as it once was, and it will sometimes slide when it's in the typing position. A minor problem in my book.

Overall I am still very happy with this case and hopes this leads others to choose Portenzo!

bklam

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
I actually managed to crack my case today when i removed it from the case itself. I went from corner to corner and crack, the wood in the top left corner cracked. Not sure if portenzo does exchanges but i'm guessing i'll have to buy some crazy glue to fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.