Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

biracialfamily91

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2015
Queens, NY
No because of form factor, I prefer smaller phones.

And that’s okay everybody has Preferences, but I was saddened that they didn’t have the X plus this year. I really can’t do anything smaller. I’ve been using phablets size phones for almost 6 years now. I don’t mind using two hands to use my device. Every time I go to the Apple store and try the X. It just seems so small. But I can understand the plus size phone is not meant for everyone.

Reactions: THE JUICEMAN

KingslayerG5

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
No phone is really worth more than $400. This is how each should cost -

Gaming consoles - $200-$300
Tablets - $50-$200
Smartphones - $50-$400
Laptops - $200-$800

I remember when a Moto E two years ago went for $9.99 on Black Friday. I'm still using one! $1300 for another surfboard phone? Hell, no. Rather go on two cruises with that money.

An SE is going for $103 this Black Friday. I would rather buy 13 of those than 1 iPhone Xs Plus.

Sigp232

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2015
From king size snickers to king size M&Ms I want a X-Plus for my early 2018 Xmas present next September.
[doublepost=1510638490][/doublepost]Oh and for the love of god give us a faster, powerful charger in our little white X-Plus box .

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
If Apple lowered the X2 prices by $100 and introduced an X2 Plus at the X prices, I could do that. Anything else though and it's too much.

X 256 GB, AppleCare, a decent case, and sales tax means we're currently looking at $1,500 for a phone. That's insane if Apple expects us to pay $1,600 for a similar plus sized setup.

Reactions: WSPAN1C

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I wouldn’t pay anything for it; a phone that big is useless to me. But I’d pay a good deal for an SE sized phone with top end specs.

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
It’ll probably be what the X is at right now.

If it’s $1149, then yes. Probably.

But I’m getting to that point in my life where I don’t get the feeling to get a new device every year. Before my X I used the 6S Plus; even the cool dual camera system wasn’t enough to sway me for the 7.

If Apple had only released the 8 and 8 Plus this year, I likely would have upgraded for the larger capacity and wireless charging (wireless charging is really really cool).

This ^^

Apple will probably intro the X Plus, go on about how much more they’ve managed to jam into it and... surprise! Same price as last year’s X. This year’s Xs (or whatever they call it) starts at $300 less.

AidenL

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2013
Ireland
Much too big, I wouldn’t buy it.

I’m glad to escape the Plus size but get the better camera in the X form factor.

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
Nope. I have my iPad Pro, iMac, MacBook if I want something larger. I want my phone to be small after coming from the Plus. That thing was a nightmare for me. Couldn’t put it in my pockets. Always had to hold it or put it in my purse. No thanks!

Reactions: DDustiNN

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Part of me thinks how I will adjust to a 6.5 iPhone X Plus in 2018, but then I said the same thing that I would never adjust to a 5.5 inch iPhone Plus. Kind of amazing how we came from such small devices and now we use these phablet like phones today. And now I could never go to anything smaller.

Reactions: Surf Monkey

Seth Matthews

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2015
The Ether
Depends. Likely only a couple more bucks a month so price isn’t a factor. Not sure I want to carry a phone that big anymore.

This. I am not saying I wouldn't get it (I probably will) but it is nice having the iPhone X in a smaller forma factor close to the original but with a nice big screen.

intz2nu

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2012
Would the overall size of the X Plus be Galaxy s8 size or Galaxy s8+ size? -OR- Note 8 size? Trying to get an idea on the overall size and what it would compare to.

Oh yeah and if the gestures remains the same I can see the X Plus being quite a handful to handle it would most definitely be a 2 hand phone which if it were the case would be a turn off for me personally.

Appurushido

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
Every year the trade-in value of phones a year old are half or less than half what they paid for. Best bet is to recoup by selling through ebay, craigslist, swappa, or FB marketplace fore a better deal. That way you can cut down on costs. But then again, it's like renting a phone for a year for $XXX amount of dollars.

johnny hotsauce

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2011
IF there is a Plus version and IF Apple keeps their current pricing structure and most likely they will, we're probably looking at something like this:

Making up the names here...

Xs 64GB: $999 USD
Xs 256GB: $1149 USD

Xs Plus 64GB: $1099 USD
Xs Plus 256GB: $1249 USD

So if there ends up being a plus version, the max memory version will be hitting just under $1300 USD before taxes and if you go IUP, tack on more money for the mandatory Apple Care+.

ultravegeta1981

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2017
Turkey
No, but if they bring a Iphone X mini, with the Same specs, 5 inch screen in the 7 blueprint, then yes.

I can't imagine using a 6.5 incher.

Greg M

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2008
At those prices I'll probably have to go to buying used a year after launch. I just picked up a used 8 plus 256gb to replace my 6s plus.

Reactions: GuruZac

skywalkerr69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2011
New York
Would you pay up to $1300 (my guess) for a possible 6.5 inch iPhone X Plus next year? If true, it would match the current price of the base model MacBook Pro. Current iPhone X owners, do you think we are beta testing the X? Businesses are pushing the boundaries in terms of pricing. Look at video games with their micro-transactions, half baked games, and forcing loot boxes down our throats (sorta), laptop and phone makers pushing you to buy dongles and so forth.

So far the FaceID has been proven to be unlocked without the users face, initial early scratches/easily scratch-able phones (multiple threads in this forum), GLOD (green line of death), glass is easily breakable compared to previous iPhone models, cracking speakers at high volume, and the ever so notch problem (only to those that are annoyed by it).

I am enjoying the X so far and really love the form factor, as I can hold it in one hand comfortably again over the Plus phones. However, the Plus Xs seem tempting, if true. I have, without a doubt, confidence that Apple will release a Plus size X next year. That way they can get people who bought the X to buy another new iPhone again. It's always been Apple's strategy. Give em a little now, and incrementally come out with something better. Or, do you think Apple should have released the Plus size now alongside with the regular X?

Positives on the Plus size X:

-True multitasking like Ipad Pro
-Picture in Picture
-Longer battery life
-Better PPI
-120hz screen

The way this is going, I assume the regular iPhone models (6, 7, 8 styles) be phased out.

Sources

FaceID:
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...xtremely-creepy-mask-cracks-iphone-xs-face-id

Kid unlocks mother's iPhone X usinf FaceID:
https://www.wired.com/story/10-year-old-face-id-unlocks-mothers-iphone-x/

iPhone X Plus:
https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/13/apple-could-launch-a-bigger-iphone-x-plus-next-year-report-says/

https://www.idropnews.com/rumors/iphone-x-plus/51494/

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/11/13/kuo-three-new-iphones-2018/

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...phone-x-plus-rumor-two-fullscreen-phones-2018

$1300!!?? HAHAHAHAHA that thing is gonna be 1400-1600

Treyhunna

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2017
Why $1300, why not $1100?

If next year’s X is $1000, why would a Plus sized X be more than $1100? Aren’t Plus models always only $100 more? And they used to add a dual camera for that $100.

The extra $15-20 in BOM cost means Apple will still be making better margins on a X Plus. Expensive phones sell in lower numbers than cheaper phones; Apple wants to keep prices as low as practicable, just not at the expense of margins. (Yeah laugh, but the 8/8 Plus is only $699/$799, and next year they’ll drop to $599/699. Why would someone pay almost double the 8 Plus price for a X Plus? This year was only a $200 difference from 8 Plus to X, don’t forget.)

I could even see next year’s X at $949 and the Plus at $1049.
the cost of the screen alone is gonna drive up that price more than that.

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
Yep. Plus for sure. Should have better battery and additional features over the smaller X. Price is irrelevant

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.