Possible secuirty problem

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by iLuvmyUBMBP84, Sep 10, 2009.

1. iLuvmyUBMBP84 macrumors newbie

Hey all,

my new landlord let me use his wifi connection. I had to give him my MAC address on my macbookpro and my iPhone. I'm on Snowleopard and his machines are windows. I installed little snitch and i see a few windows processes going though which makes me wonder if i'm being spied on. Is there any way to make myself 100% invisible, and to see if ineed someone is looking on?!?!?!

2. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Preferences->Security->Firewall->Allow only essential services->Advanced->Enable Stealth Mode.

With this setting, nobody will be able to see your Mac. Nobody can really "spy" on it anyway; all they can find is that a computer is there. Someone could send a request to your Mac "Could you download this virus onto your computer for me"? Normally the Mac would reply "I'm not talking to you and I certainly won't download this virus". In stealth mode your Mac says nothing and does nothing, so nobody knows it is even there.

3. iLuvmyUBMBP84 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, does any apps like Little Snitch help at all...or is the method you just explained the best way to go?