Possible solution to charging while using wired headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Red_Turtle, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Red_Turtle, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016

Red_Turtle macrumors newbie

Red_Turtle

[​IMG]
    Normal Charger cable with the ability to plug in headphones with a lightning/3.5 Jack towards the phone end of the cable... Just a quick mock up to get my point across, I'm sure it could be implemented better then I have presented it here.

Would solve the problem of not being able to charge the iPhone 7 and listen to music at the same time when traveling etc.

Anyone know of a product like it?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

It seems various people are waiting/hoping for something along those lines to exist.

3. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

If there is such adapter and it is cheaper than 25 I will consider trying it out, on iPhone 6s Plus.

4. thekb macrumors 6502a

Does Apple sell anything for less that $25?

5. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

I think 3rd parties will jump on this quickly

6. Puonti macrumors 6502a

The Lightning to 3.5 mm adapter at $9? Well, technically it's not on sale yet... And looking at that mockup in the first post, I feel really fortunate that this situation doesn't apply to me. Yikes! It would suck to be stuck to a charging phone while listening to music.

7. thekb macrumors 6502a

And how much for the one that allows simultaneous charging and listening? Will that be $9 too?

8. Puonti macrumors 6502a

Absolutely not if you want to trust your iPhone to live through the experience.