Possible to play without a mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by powpow, Dec 9, 2008.

1. powpow macrumors member

Hi there. I'm new to Mac gaming and I would like to play games on an upcoming road trip. How feasible is it to play games (via BootCamp on new alu. MacBook 2.4ghz) without a mouse? I'm thinking Fallout 3 or Jade Empire. Thanks.

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

You need a two button mouse or maybe a small trackball. I'd avoid Apple's mouse. I'm not saying it's impossible to play, I just don't think it will be satisfactory trying to use the track pad.

3. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

This is the same regardless of laptop brand, Apple, Dell, etc. Gaming on a laptop without a mouse is rather difficult. However, the lack of the buttons on the new AMB does pose an even more difficult issue. Regardless, I'd say get a small BT mouse or even a small corded mouse and a laptop lap table (you can find them at staples pretty cheap) and use that while in the car.

4. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I believe there is a kensington mouse where the trackball can be used as a mouse, so if you are tight on space you can use that.

ChrisN

5. gman901 macrumors 6502a

You could always use the xbox 360 wireless game pad. It works great with the Mac with Bootcamp. I use to use the gamepad, but I now prefer my MS Bluetooth mouse.