possible to run more than one app?

geemiller05

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2011
New York
What would be cool is if you could slide-in a third app and let them all run simultaneously in thirds. I could foresee Apple letting that happen even if it were exclusive to the 12.9. I'm not so sure 3 apps in slivers would be a great experience on the 9.7 but I'm sure some would still find it useful.

mixel

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2006
Leeds, UK
Yes! That's what I was doing. And I just got home and tried this on my 12.9 iPP, and you don't have to drag it to 50/50 first. Just drag it to the 1/3 position, and hold your finger there until both apps become active.
Lol really? I probably never would've noticed that method. I thought dragging left and right again seemed counterintuitive. Holding down does a bit too, but less so. XD Thanks for that.

mixel

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2006
Leeds, UK
You can also just tap the little white separator and it switches from slide over to split screen. Much easier than the two other methods mentioned.
Times like this make me wish iOS had an optional pop up tooltips mode for new features.
[doublepost=1462534121][/doublepost]
What would be cool is if you could slide-in a third app and let them all run simultaneously in thirds. I could foresee Apple letting that happen even if it were exclusive to the 12.9. I'm not so sure 3 apps in slivers would be a great experience on the 9.7 but I'm sure some would still find it useful.
Sign me up for 3 slivers on the 9.7, particularly if it supports spaces like OSX. Email/twitter/Skype in columns on one page, Safari on another, etc. That'd be great!

kazmac

macrumors 604
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
yes, I trying to figure out how to access split screen since I've now mastered Slide Over

- aha just found the Apple support document. :p and apple sent me a very helpful welcome email today and I finally discovered the little white dividing line / bar that allows for split screen. Woot.

I appreciate this thread and others like it.

Last edited: