Possible UK, Black To White Conversion ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Holmes093, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Holmes093

Stumbled across this site;

www.i-phone-repairs.co.uk

£109.00 - White Front Panel Installed

What do you guys think, I Live supported with a guy called Nicholas he said that they are original parts and could be installed and sent back in 48 hours!

Should i risk it ? I already have a white back panel from milliamp.com, so no need for that.

2. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

nice find mate.

if you are willing to try it that would be great, they have a money back guarantee so there isnt much to lose!

I would also like to see the white iPhone from a UK company as i am considering doing it also!

3. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Looks ok they have an address listed and a phone number. I would do a little digging on the company first before you send on your phone!!

Just make sure you know its legit before you send your phone off :)

4. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

as above. they have a facebook group and stuff so looks ok to start with. im about to chat with one of them on the support page also.

5. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

6. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

ah nice find! haha stay away from this company then.

i did chat with 'nick' on the livechat, and he stated his shop is located, and i quote:

Nicholas : We are based in Martlesham, Suffolk
    Nicholas : We do have a good walk in trade
    Nicholas : we are right next to BT's innovation centre so lots of iphone customers

can anyone confirm this?

7. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

8. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

I would never send one off in the post, would always look to do it in store unless a company had 100% positive reviews.

such a shame really because nobody has really taken advantage of the fact that people many want to convert their black iPhones to white. There are enough reputable companies over in the US but where are the UK ones?

9. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I know i would not send mine in the post to be honest. Special delivery for items over 500£ comes with a charge most company's say your phone will be insured but it doesn't come with the standard 5.99 special delivery.

Not sure if there is anymore reputable ones after that lol!!

10. Holmes093 thread starter macrumors 6502

Holmes093

11. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

The other iphone repairs uk link is the same company registered with the same guy.

the iphone fixed one is 144 plus you have to pay them 59 if you want your parts back.I'll do some digging for you on the iphonefixed one.

More iphonefixed info.

http://www.cardiffbusinessonline.co...23&sobi2Id=13469&Itemid=75&fontstyle=f-larger

http://www.free-press-release.com/news-will-it-be-a-white-iphone-4-christmas-1287233188.html

Speak to the guy on the phone maybe he can assure you that his service is good enough for you....

029 21660860

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxXdPJ_uG-o&feature=player_embedded

12. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

so they are legit? interesting again, however they are in wales....miles away!

13. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Not sure if its legit but it looks alot more legit than the other company. I don't want to say it is not because it may be someone who is completely legitimate and could be just starting out. You have to take the risk i guess if you want to have it done through the post and not face to face.

My advice is to check out the address, the registered company number and use the phone number in google to see if it pulls up any complaints or is blacklisted for being a scammer.

My first thoughts on this one it seems legit.

14. jpearn macrumors member

I'm seriously considering this, but what's the LCD panel like compared with the old one, is it like comparing with iPod Touch 4G with the iPhone 4 IPS ??

15. tuzii macrumors member

the lcd looks exactly like the one im using on my white ip4.
    so id say its the same as the original

16. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

with a three month warranty included on the conversion its a difficult thing to pass up. I would like the full conversion done though thats the thing.

17. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

Correct, yes, i have already got my quote from the US company, and was asking the guys in Wales what price they could do me for the same parts. I would rather deal with someone in the UK/Wales, as I know US customs can be a pain.

18. J273 macrumors regular

Im thinking of doing the same now ive found the whites been delayed unti spring:eek:

Has anyone sent theirs off to a UK company as of yet?

19. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Given the links provided in this topic I wouldn't do that any time soon.

That and I think the front of the white iPhone looks really cheap and lame. Did change my iPhone's back to the white one before though.

20. J273 macrumors regular

Yeah im still unsure on whether to change the whole lot or just the back myself.

Without me going back through all previous posts ,wheres the best place to get a 'genuine' white rear glass posted to the UK?

Im only going out this week to buy another black iphone after selling mine thinking the white was just around the corner.

Any links would be appreciated ,sorry i know its going a little off topic.

Many thanks

21. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

is it me or has this thread been edited?

would appreciate those pics of the white panels that were originally in here!

22. Raj24v macrumors member

Exactly what I was thinking Pez555.
    Why has this thread been edited? Must've proven to be a fraudulent company....?

23. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

nah it was probably against the rules to advertise or something.

would be good if they could put the pics up with the white parts again though :D.

24. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I'm sure it would be ok for soc to post the website name again and ask for enquiries to be made to his email address!!

25. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

I have been in contact with the company in Wales, iphonefixed.co.uk and I plan on purchasing the complete kit to convert myself, however they don't have the white dock connector in stock at the moment, so will wait until they have that before ordering.

I will document everything here, and on my blog NokiaDNA.com when I order the parts.

EDIT - Yeah, I just noticed this thread has been edited too, and all posts from iphonefixed have gone too.