Possibly getting my iPhone X Thursday

TheRaxar

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
So a super close friend of mine happens to deliver Fedex literally in my neighborhood and I also ordered via Verizon so got a Fedex tracking # and its scheduled to arrive in my city tomorrow or (Thursday) for sure. He might be able to get me past the hold, will update you guys if I get it early! :D

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
So a super close friend of mine happens to deliver Fedex literally in my neighborhood and I also ordered via Verizon so got a Fedex tracking # and its scheduled to arrive in my city tomorrow or (Thursday) for sure. He might be able to get me past the hold, will update you guys if I get it early! :D
And lose his job or get FedEx fined. That would be super worth it.

TheRaxar

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
So a loss of job can occur over a shipping hold slip? Seems a little too tight. I'll post pics of it if I do get it early.

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Dec 15, 2010
UK
So a loss of job can occur over a shipping hold slip? Seems a little too tight. I'll post pics of it if I do get it early.
doing something for personal gain would get him fired most likely. Hardly worth the risk. Shocked he would even think about it

Reactions: ABC5S

noteple

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2011
Wonder if they will let it activate anytime before 12:01 am Friday 11/3
Would be funny if it threw an exception and couldn’t get resolved until Monday.
But hey it’s Verizon so at least they won’t make you get a new sim.

Reactions: elbeborandy

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I work for FedEx (though no where near packages or deliveries) and I can verify, this could get him fired. It could get him fired with any package, but there is extra special protection on Apple shipments.
You're not his boss are you? lol how ironic would that be..talk about busted ha

Reactions: jamin00

pjacob123

macrumors member
May 11, 2015
CT
I worked at VZW when the iPhone 4 launched for the carrier. Since it was already out for ATT, there wasn't nearly as much security/restrictions regarding the launch and some users got them early. The iPhone MEIDS weren't loaded into the system, so they couldn't activate them until launch. If that's still the case, the best they can do is use WiFi. I wonder if Apple will block activation as well, though.