Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MartinAppleGuy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 27, 2013
Post all of your OS X Yosemite screenshots here :D Any screens ranging from all of the new settings, to the new apps.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
It appears Yosemite beta has disabled taking screenshots altogether. The shortcuts still work, but does not save to either desktop or clipboard. :(

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
It appears Yosemite beta has disabled taking screenshots altogether. The shortcuts still work, but does not save to either desktop or clipboard. :(

Wow, really? That seems pretty ridiculous, especially since we're getting a public beta fairly soon. Maybe it's just a bug.

Try a third party screenshot app?

imandings

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2013
Australia
Here we go guys! I got the screenshot tool working, unsure why it isn't working for you - perhaps buggy.

Desktop

Mail.app

Safari

Maps

Want to see anything else in particular? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

mojolicious

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2014
Sarf London
Man those blue folder icons are SO ugly :(
I find the existing folder icons a bit fussy in terms of both shape and gradient, and I don't like the blue.

Judging by those screenshots, 10.10 seems to have *slightly* simplified the shape (parallel sides rather than bulging at the top) and toned down the gradient, but has then gone and spoiled it by making it super blue blue BLUE.

I'm surprised the internal partition icon hasn't been flattened more, too.

bigpoppamac31

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
Canada
Here we go guys! I got the screenshot tool working, unsure why it isn't working for you - perhaps buggy.

Desktop

Mail.app

Safari

Maps

Want to see anything else in particular? :p

Can you make the images clickable so they appear in actual size??

Also I noticed during the keynote that the Home folder does not appear in the Finder. Where is it??

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
How extensive is dark mode? Just menus, or app windows too. I thought I saw a glimpse of a dark calendar during the keynote.

Any screenshots of dark mode?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.