Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
It appears that once the threads are automatically merged, there is an option to edit only the first thread when you click "Edit" button.

Is there an option to edit entire post when merged? If now, will be there that option anytime soon?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

I just did a test and I can edit both my comments here (without my moderator privileges).

Code:
test one
[doublepost=1541098870][/doublepost]test two

So you click the edit button and you cannot edit that "With font rendering tuned OFF." section at all?

Code:
Sometimes, all that you need is Digital Color Meter, to zoom into fonts to see how are they rendered:
This looks like full RGB subpixel antialiasing to me. [ATTACH=full]800196[/ATTACH]

With font antialiasing engine turned on.
[doublepost=1541066648][/doublepost]With font rendering tuned OFF.

[ATTACH=full]800197[/ATTACH]

a2jack

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2013
I am having problems starting my posts in preview. I ended up with double pix and the edit button disappeared.

What is the proper "step by step" to post with pix? I'm just dragging them in now. Is there a better way?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I am having problems starting my posts in preview. I ended up with double pix and the edit button disappeared.

What is the proper "step by step" to post with pix? I'm just dragging them in now. Is there a better way?
https://forums.macrumors.com/account/preferences

Go to this link and make sure Use rich text editor... is checked. If that is checked, you should be able to just drag the image in.

How large in MB is the image?

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 5.28.46 AM.png

a2jack

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2013
https://forums.macrumors.com/account/preferences

Go to this link and make sure Use rich text editor... is checked. If that is checked, you should be able to just drag the image in.

How large in MB is the image?

View attachment 816149

WB. Thank you for responding.

Pix sizes are all low in MB. Most of these are now being posted in the aircraft forum, and I have a few more to post.

I went up on the link and all is well. so It's "Pilot Error" for sure. LOL

Guess it's just me getting used to the site, but I note many, threads on here with no pix at all.

Is there a better way then dragging ? A2

IMG_1681.jpg

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Is there a better way then dragging ?
That always works well for me. Could it be you are posting, then editing the post and trying to then add a photo?

When editing a post, you need to click More Options at the bottom to get back to the interface that will let you drag and drop.

a2jack

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2013
That always works well for me. Could it be you are posting, then editing the post and trying to then add a photo?

When editing a post, you need to click More Options at the bottom to get back to the interface that will let you drag and drop.

WB. So, do I write the post... Click on options... drag in the photos... Then hit post reply ?

That did not work. LOL What are the steps right from the start ? I get a no upload box here .

Last edited:

a2jack

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2013
You would only need to do that if you are trying to add a photo by editing a post you already made.

WB. So then, what are the correct steps to post to a thread , with pix, or reply to an individual post, ? A2

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
WB. So then, what are the correct steps to post to a thread , with pix, or reply to an individual post, ? A2
Just click the reply button to quote the post, then type your comment. Then drag and drop the photo from your Desktop into the white space of the post and wait a moment for it to upload, the click post reply.

Could the problem be that the image you want to load is in Photos app or something and not on the Desktop?

a2jack

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2013
Just click the reply button to quote the post, then type your comment. Then drag and drop the photo from your Desktop into the white space of the post and wait a moment for it to upload, the click post reply.

Could the problem be that the image you want to load is in Photos app or something and not on the Desktop?

WB. Thanks for sticking in here with me. Do believe I have it now. LOL A2

Test.

Attachments

• IMG_1250.jpeg
    IMG_1250.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 148
Reactions: Weaselboy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.