Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

css1323

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
It seems ever since I upgraded my iPhone 7 Plus to iOS 11.3 I've been experiencing this strange audio issue playing music sometimes.

I'll be playing a song and then when I lock the screen the audio starts to sound choppy, or it sounds as if it's trying to scrub or fast forward in a way. I have this old system activity app on my phone and there seems to be plenty of usable memory. CPU for both cores in the GUI shows one core at 20% usage, and the other core fluctuates to 5-10%. (If anyone has a better activity monitoring app let me know.)

This never happened prior to upgrading as well. Seeing if anyone's had this same issue out there. Going to try using Bluetooth headphones instead of the included earphones with lightning connector for now.

Moderndiva

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2018
Standing in Heels
I have the same issue and it started directly after the update. It doesn’t matter if I’m listening to podcasts or Spotify, the glitch still happens.

It seems ever since I upgraded my iPhone 7 Plus to iOS 11.3 I've been experiencing this strange audio issue playing music sometimes.

I'll be playing a song and then when I lock the screen the audio starts to sound choppy, or it sounds as if it's trying to scrub or fast forward in a way. I have this old system activity app on my phone and there seems to be plenty of usable memory. CPU for both cores in the GUI shows one core at 20% usage, and the other core fluctuates to 5-10%. (If anyone has a better activity monitoring app let me know.)

This never happened prior to upgrading as well. Seeing if anyone's had this same issue out there. Going to try using Bluetooth headphones instead of the included earphones with lightning connector for now.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I also have the same issue. Mine is even annoying as I have a VERY HARD TIME trying to start music playback from the phone when I have my Shure SE 215 BT connected to both my watch and my phone. No. This issue is 100% iOS related, irrelevant to Bluetooth headphone.

Fun fact, watchOS 4.3 has music playback issue too. So does Macos 10.13.3 and 10.13.4.

css1323

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
Mine usually skips when I'm heavily using the device, but never on the lock screen.

Sorry for the late reply. Did this happen before/after the iOS update last time?

On another note, I haven't seen the music glitch happen lately. Then again I only really play music for short periods of time in the morning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.