Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nancy bout

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2013
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417580239.035500.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417580270.087453.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417580330.680514.jpg (the 6)

jayrflow

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2013
Can anyone recommend me a case? I'm getting my 16 year niece an iPhone 6 for Christmas and I need recommendation for a good protective clear case. Thanks

didiee

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Neighborhood
I finally got this "Infinite Case" by Rock in Gold for my 6 Plus. I got one awhile back for my 6 and been waiting for this to become available for the 6 Plus. It's a very solid case with an aluminum bumper and hard acrylic back. The buttons feel great and click just like the originals. One thing I don't like is the mute switch is a bit hard to access but I don't find myself using the switch often. It takes a bit of getting use to installing the case but once I got the technique down it isn't a problem removing and changing out the case when I feel like.

Where did you order this?

Mpilar87

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2014
please review this case please :)
i think if it works as advertised, this is gona be my perfect case.
btw i only saw the silver/grey colour in moshi web, how come yours is looked like black ?

I'm not much of a reviewer but here is what I think

Fit: 10/10 - My 6 plus fits perfectly in the case, buttons align well, I don't have any problems with the cut outs for the charger, headphone jack, silent switch, and camera. The cover itself always stays on and never opens without intending to or shift. the magnet is not weak or too strong, Its the perfect balance where it wont open randomly while holding it.

Protection: 9/10 - I have dropped this phone once on its face on hard wood floor from about 5 feet, seemed to protect it lol. Although my son has thrown it a couple times around the house and the phone was still in tact. The cut out on the back for the apple logo is why I give it a 9. I did however put a screen protector on the back of the phone to prevent any scratches.

Price - $50 is a bit pricey for something that's not leather, but then again I have looked around for folio type cases and the ones I have seen ranging in the same price do not have the things I wanted in a folio case. I wanted a folio case that acted like a smart cover, a window to view the time and date, a magnet that would keep the cover shut without the added "flap" that some folio cases come with, and a case that would protect all around but still give a minimalist look to it. The metal bar thing on the front was a bonus for me.

the metal thing on the front is what you slide to answer and end phone calls without opening up your phone. I love it, works every time. and the actual bar on the inside is soft, it does not scratch the screen.

I've had this case for about 3 weeks now and I don't think I will be buying another one anytime soon. It is perfect for me in every way. It protects the phone, doesn't make it look bulky and the cover itself can be used as a stand which is great for movies and videos! So far this case has taken a pretty good beating from my son and still works as intended.

and by the way the color I did get is anthracite (I think that's what the color was) but in angles it looks like a dark grey/black color it has sort of a metallic look? When I get some time I will take more pictures of the phone in its case in different angles for those interested.

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Does anyone have the Best Buy exclusive Candyshell Grip for the iPhone 6 plus? Can anyone post photos of it or a white iPhone 6 plus with it installed? Thanks.

Emmie320

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2015
USA
Does anyone have the Best Buy exclusive Candyshell Grip for the iPhone 6 plus? Can anyone post photos of it or a white iPhone 6 plus with it installed? Thanks.

The Grip or Regular? I have the grip...not sure if it's a Best Buy exclusive.

Last edited:

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
The Grip or Regular? I have the grip...not sure if it's a Best Buy exclusive.

Grip. The BB exclusive is the black/blue variant. I have a deal lined up on one. And I was wondering how it would look before buying.

sk2sep2304

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
@Bako, great taste! Here's mine, only con is the logo "sticks" to the case.

IPad mini pics. ".33mm ultra thin" eBay case. Cailufu tempered glass from Amazon.

34o22l4.jpg

vngrow.jpg

25aojtz.jpg

2d6k6jk.jpg

Last edited:

tinaberezino

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2014
Took a snap of my KQcarbon Ultimate case today. Love this case.

I think it's great value for what I received. The case is great for day to day use and gives me the extra protection I wanted whilst enhancing the appearance of my iPhone 6.

The carbon fiber frame is sturdy, protects the phone without making it bulky and definitely draws attention. Out of the 5 or so cases I have, this one has become the one I use most. It's extremely light, far lighter than any other case I've ever used across owning many generations of iPhones.

I was warned about signal interference but this case doesn't seem to have affected the signal strength or download speed of my iPhone 6 at all. This was a big concern of mine and I'm glad to say I've experienced zero negative signal strength in 1-2 months of everyday use. For those who love carbon fiber but are worried about signal interference, this case seems to have solved these issues.

I've had mine for a few weeks now and it still looks as new as the day I got it.

rX8pMpW.jpg

Last edited:

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Took a snap of my KQcarbon Ultimate case today. Love this case.

I think it's great value for what I received. The case is great for day to day use and gives me the extra protection I wanted whilst enhancing the appearance of my iPhone 6P.

The carbon fiber frame is sturdy, protects the phone without making it bulky and definitely draws attention. Out of the 5 or so cases I have, this one has become the one I use most. It's extremely light, far lighter than any other case I've ever used across owning many generations of iPhones.

I was warned about signal interference but this case doesn't seem to have affected the signal strength or download speed of my iPhone 6 Plus at all. This was a big concern of mine and I'm glad to say I've experienced zero negative signal strength in 1-2 months of everyday use. For those who love carbon fiber but are worried about signal interference, this case seems to have solved these issues.

I've had mine for a few weeks now and it still looks as new as the day I got it.

That does look good, a iPhone 6P eh? That must be a new model or is it the prototype of this years flagship?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.