Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
Duncan on his 12th birthday...

P2070344-XL.jpg

P2070416-XL.jpg

P2070441-XL.jpg

[doublepost=1549728705][/doublepost]"I'm not the center of attention"

P2070420-XL.jpg

beambeam1

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2019
Jake and Ella, bullmastiff/dogue de bordeaux mixes, aged around 18 months here.

Jake and Ella May53.JPG

Taken a couple of years ago shortly after I successfully rehoused the fella at the rear of this image. I initially took them both in on a short-term basis which quickly became an unmanageable but permanent arrangement. It wasn't feasible to keep both and we figured they were better off apart because he was a unit and kept injuring her during rough play.

Thankfully, she remains with us and is definitely happier being the only dog in the house. We get both dogs together every now and then but they are fiercely independent now. A happy ending for both dogs, their first year as puppies was quite dull and unstructured until we intervened.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
This thread makes me smile and also to miss yet again my two very old kitties who departed the planet last spring and early summer. Not quite ready to hit up the shelter yet, but I know that's an option that will slowly become desire.

I did notice the other day though that the screen at bottom of my deck door has become detached from the gasketing along half the bottom and up a foot or so on one side. So, I may have a porch cat who hasn't quite introduced himself or herself yet, perhaps still scouting to see if there's any competition. Or, just one of those cats that adopts four or five unsuspecting "owners" and circulates among them picking out a great place to snooze, the best place for breakfast, the most fun person to play with and the one that feeds birds in winter... :eek:

My previous porch kitty is my avatar. She was one of those multi-owner managers. :D At the time she showed up, she couldn't come indoors here, since I had the two kitties who owned the inside of this place until they passed away at age 22 and 20 last year. She showed up during a February blizzard in 2004 by belly-swimming through snowdrifts from the road and punching a hole in that deck screen door... and yowling for breakfast after she parked herself on the table out there.

I was hooked, of course. She did become my "breakfast kitty"... I put on gloves and stuffed her hissing and yowling into a cat carrier and hauled her off to the vet for vaccinations and then called her mine but I was hers, basically. Porch Kitty was a joy for three and and a half years. She was killed (slowly) by someone who shot at her with a pellet gun. She managed to crawl back here somehow, and I felt so honored that she made the effort. When the vet and I decided she could not recover from the muscle damage, organ damage and shock, she was helped across that rainbow bridge... and she finally became an indoor kitty; her ashes reside in a little carved box in one of my bookshelves.

Here she is on a spring snooze one forenoon before her usual disappearance to check out her other property holdings in the area. :) She was apparently quite the brawler in defending her right to occupy whatever were her various turf claims, but so sweet and affectionate with me as time went on (after eight months of not trusting me and hissing at me even as I set food dishes out for her on "her" deck table). No one can take away my memory of our times together.

PorchKittySpringSnoozer.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.