Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yael-S.

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2022
pekwm_screenshot-20221105T005046-1920x1080.png

FreeBSD
tint2
PeKWM
Irssi

I'm using pfetch instead of neofetch for my specs read-out, simply because I find it looks cleaner than the wall of text in neofetch.
On FreeBSD you have a configuration file /home/user/.config/neofetch/config.conf
You can (easily) modify this file so that neofetch looks exactly like the pfetch in your screenshot.

Last edited:
Reactions: iAssimilated

Draeconis

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
Finally made the move over to Fedora Silverblue on the main PC. Little bit of a learning curve, but getting there.

One part of this transition was to get the AMD fTPM to decrypt LUKS for me, and fortunately it's not that hard;

https://aboutcher.co.uk/2020/06/fedora-linux-luks-encryption-with-tpm-unlock/ but you obviously install with rpm-ostree, then you have to rebuild initramfs with rpm-ostree initramfs-etc --force-sync

Needing most apps to be flatpak isn't so bad, except when you need non-boot drive access that can be a pain.
Screenshot from 2022-12-03 23-30-39.png

popup

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2022
Screen_20221203_Debian.png

To avoid moving the mouse from one corner to the other I added a second "Start Menu" and a second Task Manager on the right dock. In the middle is the dock with the most used apps.

jblagden

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2013
On a custom system I built two years ago. I recently upgraded the RAM and the CPU. I just bought a Samsung 980 Pro, but I haven't installed it yet because I'm kinda dreading having to remove and repaste my massive cooler (NH-D15). If I had a normal CPU and a normal cooler, I would have a much easier time, but I went with the awesome CPU and and the awesome cooler.

Screenshot from 2022-12-13 23-52-28.png

dpny

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2013
Installed an SSD in my Mac Pro for OS X and accidentally nuked my Ubuntu install, so reinstalled and rebuilt. Just the latest Ubuntu with Gnome and a few extensions. I try to keep the install as close to vanilla as possible. The only real change is I'm running X11, instead of Wayland, because Wayland doesn't yet support color calibration.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 72

popup

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2022
And running only on a Mac, else I don't see the point.
And the OP wrote:
...Maybe you have it running natively on a Mac or a PC, or even in a virtual machine...
The best part of the game (for me) is to find the OS that runs best on a given machine and make it usable despite its' low resources and age.

Reactions: cyb3rdud3

Pecka

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2022
And the OP wrote:

The best part of the game (for me) is to find the OS that runs best on a given machine and make it usable despite its' low resources and age.
This is a Mac forum, and how interesting is it to see screenshots from a PC where it is not a challenge at all to get BSD/Linux running?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.