Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
Lets see here.. starting on the left we have:

Finder, Dashboard, iWeb, Keynote, Numbers, Pages, AppleWorks 6, Macromedia FreehandMX, Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator (all CS4), Calc, Mail, T4F, Safari, iChat, Address Book, MacTracker, Sim City 3000, Starcraft, Roller Coaster Tycoon, EV Nova, Wolfenstein, Unreal 2004, iCal, Acrobat Pro, Preview, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Toast, iPhoto, VLC, QT, Spaces, Time Machine, Acquisition, and Sys Prefs.
I really need to get on finding Mac copies of both of those. Do you know if they are expensive to acquire these days?

Here's my eMac dock since it's the one I'm on at the moment, I'll post my PowerBook dock later (though it isn't much different anyway. :p)
j10mfcJ.png

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
I keep mine mostly simple. Not all apps there are even pinned to the dock. Dictionary is the last permanent icon there.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 136

hamis92

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
Finland
This is on my PB, but the G5 has very similar Dock too. The last two apps aren't permanent. I use TenFourFox every now and then and I would probably keep it in the Dock if it didn't have one of the ugliest icons in the entire universe (haven't bothered changing it yet).

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 156

Hrududu

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2008
Central US
I really need to get on finding Mac copies of both of those. Do you know if they are expensive to acquire these days?

Here's my eMac dock since it's the one I'm on at the moment, I'll post my PowerBook dock later (though it isn't much different anyway. :p)
Sorry, Sim City is actually Sim City 4 Rush Hour, not 3000. I'm pretty sure you can still get both on Amazon. Sim City isn't really that good IMO (I love SC2000) and this one is really hard. RCTycoon is great, but you'll want a fast Mac to play it on. It is PowerPC native, but even my quad G5 with Radeon X1900 can get bogged down with some of the graphics. It doesn't play well at all on Intel Macs, so they made an Intel only version later on which is called Platinum.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland

You have some interesting icons in there.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
Sorry, Sim City is actually Sim City 4 Rush Hour, not 3000. I'm pretty sure you can still get both on Amazon. Sim City isn't really that good IMO (I love SC2000) and this one is really hard. RCTycoon is great, but you'll want a fast Mac to play it on. It is PowerPC native, but even my quad G5 with Radeon X1900 can get bogged down with some of the graphics. It doesn't play well at all on Intel Macs, so they made an Intel only version later on which is called Platinum.
Ah, I see. I actually have SC 4 on my eMac, but I've never actually played it past the tutorial. :eek: I was raised on SC 3000 Unlimited, which I do have in the Windows version (along with RCT, actually) but I have always wanted to keep Windows as little a part of my computing needs as possible. ;) But the more I look into it, the more keeping Windows around even if only for gaming makes sense.
You have some interesting icons in there.
I can only assume you're referring to TenFourBird and Skitch (the icon of which doubles as my avatar here), as I don't see a whole lot of people using either anymore. TenFourBird is a great PPC email client based on Mozilla Thunderbird, while in truth the Skitch icon only sticks around because I like the design. (I don't even think it works on PPC anymore, every time it gets opened it just asks you to update and closes)

As promised, here's my PowerBook dock finally. It's, uh, simple. :p
5aLUiKB.png

Altemose

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Ah, I see. I actually have SC 4 on my eMac, but I've never actually played it past the tutorial. :eek: I was raised on SC 3000 Unlimited, which I do have in the Windows version (along with RCT, actually) but I have always wanted to keep Windows as little a part of my computing needs as possible. ;) But the more I look into it, the more keeping Windows around even if only for gaming makes sense.

I can only assume you're referring to TenFourBird and Skitch (the icon of which doubles as my avatar here), as I don't see a whole lot of people using either anymore. TenFourBird is a great PPC email client based on Mozilla Thunderbird, while in truth the Skitch icon only sticks around because I like the design. (I don't even think it works on PPC anymore, every time it gets opened it just asks you to update and closes)

As promised, here's my PowerBook dock finally. It's, uh, simple. :p

What is the icon by System Preferences?

joemcooke

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Rotherham, England
Use my Powermac G5 as just iTunes Server so don't have many apps installed.

Use TFF as browser though and use Team Viewer to remote in from my Macbook Air

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 14.36.47.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 14.36.47.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 134

CYB3RBYTE

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2014
Midwest
I normally turn the 3D effect on the dock off, since it helps with animations when using leopard on my Quicksilver. I also tend to keep my dock clean, and it mainly has only core applications that I use. I'm not on the machine, but I will post a picture as soon as I can.

PowerMac G4 MDD

macrumors 68000
Jul 13, 2014
I always use the 3D dock, (assuming I am using Leopard or later) but for some reason I have decided to use the 2D one on my PMG5. I thought it kind of went with things, if you guys catch my drift. Special things to point out: I have Final Cut Express 7, iMovie '06, (the last good version of iMovie) and iChat. I cannot stress enough how good iChat is. It's the best client ever; Apple perfected video/audio chats, which is something that nobody really did. In fact, many clients still haven't done it/gotten it right. It's way better than Skype and uses AIM and several other popular choices. Not sure why there are alternatives to iChat, such as Adium. Adium is just iChat without the video/audio chat and screensharing functions. Anyway, I usually keep things on my docks in this similar order. The internet applications are generally grouped to the left side, such as Mail, iChat, and web browsers. I then put work before play, with Text Edit then my word processor, then adding in iTunes and YouView. I then usually have editing software afterwards, as well as things like MacTracker and Preview. Next up I have handy tools, such as Dictionary and Calc. Photo Booth usually finds its way somewhere before or after, followed by some extra things. On this computer, those extra things are Screenflow, Image Capture, and Docker. Towards the end, before the separator, I have my Utilities. That includes Disk Utility, Terminal, Activity Monitor, and then System Prefs. I can't remember whether I usually put Prefs before Terminal and Activity Monitor, but I guess it varies. I like how it is currently. On the other side of the separator, I like to keep Documents and Downloads. If on an earlier version of MacOS than Leopard, I just have the Trash there by itself. I go by this way of organization on every Mac that has OSX; I have used this set-up procedure on tons of computers which I have used in the past and own. Obviously it's not exact among all my computers, but it usually goes something like this! :)

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    167.6 KB · Views: 129

PowerMac G4 MDD

macrumors 68000
Jul 13, 2014
I thought that this would be a fun opportunity to have everyone post their Dock setups on their PowerPC Macs. Here is mine on my PowerMac G5.

xD A first-time Mac user: I don't know about you guys, but I keep my Finder application open... all the time.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Here's mine. I'm currently installing/downloading apps after a new HDD install. Should've just done a clone of the original but oh well.

I'll post another later once it's cleaned up and organized.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    287.1 KB · Views: 111
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.