Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
adn rcd dly said:
i changed my hard drive icon and didn't like it. where do i find the original to change it back?

get info, select the icon so its highlighted blue. press delete and it will revert back to the original.

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
Finders keepers

96491266_f90b9a911a_o.png

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
stridey said:
Although I'm not Compile 'em all, I'll partially answer. They're from various sets. The Music folder is from the Matrix set, and the documents is from Xpack. Not sure about the others.

The ones you got are correct. As for The sites, shared, and pictures icons
they are done by Sascha Höhne from rad e8. I got the Movies/Videos and
desktop icons from Interfacelift, I think they were part of the "modern times" pack.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Been a while since I've messed with them.

Attachments

• OS X Icons.jpg
    OS X Icons.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 173

MacMosher

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2006
Canada
Tel said:
picture45dj.png

The icon set is called Flat White Bezel by Laurent Baumann found at interfacelift.com

Time to shift some stuff over to my external HD, looks like I'm running a little low on space :D
Thats classy

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
do themes slow down performance like they do on windows because i might want to try one.. hehe

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
CubaTBird said:
do themes slow down performance like they do on windows because i might want to try one.. hehe

I don't know about themes, but pretty much all the finder mods you see
here changes only the icons which have zero overhead.

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
CubaTBird said:

From the Unsanity website (the people who make Shapeshifter, the theming app):
Unsanity said:
Haxies will slow down application launch times, yes. This happens because the haxie code needs to be initialized when the application loads, so this can add additional overhead of several milliseconds per haxie installed (typically in the range of 20 to 200 milliseconds on a modern Mac, depending on the specific haxie).

Typically you will not notice much, if any, slowdown. Once loaded, haxies stay inactive and will not use any of the processor power unless you use them (collapse a window, browse an Apple menu, etc).

We are constantly working on improving our haxies, so we recommend you to keep an eye on our site or subscribe to our mailing list to always run the latest versions of our products.

FWIW, I've never noticed any slowdown, and once applications are launched, they behave as normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.