Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dgamer84

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2011
how do you open a .theme files on a mac? When I double click on it all I get is safari can't open file.

dgamer84

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2011
So I found the time widget, but now I need help to edit it. Can someone help me? I wanted at the top, and I'm already using a calendar and weather widget so How would I add it?

dgamer84

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2011
thanks for all the help. I'm starting to get the hang of it..a little

edit: I got it to work!

Last edited:

dgamer84

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2011
To lower the calendar do I just edit the highlighted part?

thanks

attachment.php

Attachments

• calendar.PNG
    calendar.PNG
    21.7 KB · Views: 199

pman219

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2011
Rochester, NY
Widget not showing on SB screen ?

I have my widget installed in the correct folder (I believe) but it isn't showing on my SB screen.
I have the "theme" enabled in winterboard.

Please advise.
Thank you,

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 163

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
ok so I downloaded this PagePerHTML HTC widget theme I am unsure of how to adjust the weather so that it reflects my location.

Last edited:

dgamer84

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2011
How do I get rid of this stupid lock?

It's suppose to look like this

ls_j__s_by_heyisti-d38crzb.png

Attachments

• stupidlock.PNG
    stupidlock.PNG
    201.7 KB · Views: 113

hiinhoc

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2010
View attachment 271643

Is there anyway, for an example, you have a new text that you can click on the text icon to reply quickly after entering the passcode? Or click mail to open mail after typing in passcode? Same with other notifications.

This way the person can't read any of your messages by the preview but a quick access to respond.

can you please tell me where or how can i get a theme/lockscreen like your? thanks you

NWI73

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Since JB my iphone 4 4.2.1, when I am on my homescreen/springboard, it will not auto dim and shut off after a certain amount of time. It stays on until I manually turn off the screen. Am I missing a setting that can change this or for it to act like it did before JB in terms of auto dim?

Also I have winterboard with a custom theme from LEXS installed which includes a weather widget on both lock and sb. I have been wondering if there is a way to have the weather search location by gps so that it updates where you physically are instead of a set location via typing in your zip in the code. I travel and it would be very convenient to have an "auto update".

Thanks in advance.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Halp

Looking to see if someone can help me out here with my springboard theme? I need to accomplish two things here;

1. I need to know what code I need to delete in order to get rid of the icon labels? I currently have "No SB Dock & Text" installed however I believe there's something in here that's overriding that. If I put the No SB Dock/Text above this widget in WB then it goes away but I wanted to see if there was something in this widget that was forcing the labels to show up.

2. I need to know how I can go about moving the entire widget down. I'm not sure what code needs to be edited for this so I've attached the widget.html that came along with this theme.

The only thing that's bugging me about this widget is that the weather icons is just a smidge too high. If I can lower the entire widget down about 10-15 pixels? then that might make everything look okay.

Any suggestions? Thanks .

ALSO, does anyone know how to edit/create a custom Iconoclasm layout?

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    778.2 KB · Views: 117
  • Widget.html.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 83

Blinded

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2009
Looking to see if someone can help me out here with my springboard theme? I need to accomplish two things here;

1. I need to know what code I need to delete in order to get rid of the icon labels? I currently have "No SB Dock & Text" installed however I believe there's something in here that's overriding that. If I put the No SB Dock/Text above this widget in WB then it goes away but I wanted to see if there was something in this widget that was forcing the labels to show up.

2. I need to know how I can go about moving the entire widget down. I'm not sure what code needs to be edited for this so I've attached the widget.html that came along with this theme.

The only thing that's bugging me about this widget is that the weather icons is just a smidge too high. If I can lower the entire widget down about 10-15 pixels? then that might make everything look okay.

Any suggestions? Thanks .

ALSO, does anyone know how to edit/create a custom Iconoclasm layout?

To get rid of your icon labels, go to info.plist and change the Undocked/DockedIconLabelStyle lines to this...

<key>UndockedIconLabelStyle</key>
<string> color: white; opacity: 0</string>
<key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
<string>color: white; opacity: 0</string>

To drop the widget down, you have to go through each Style Section and modify the "top" digit on the "position" line. If you want to lower the widget, the digits need to be higher than what they are now. To have the widget placed higher on the screen, the digits need to be lower than what they are now.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
To get rid of your icon labels, go to info.plist and change the Undocked/DockedIconLabelStyle lines to this...

<key>UndockedIconLabelStyle</key>
<string> color: white; opacity: 0</string>
<key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
<string>color: white; opacity: 0</string>

To drop the widget down, you have to go through each Style Section and modify the "top" digit on the "position" line. If you want to lower the widget, the digits need to be higher than what they are now. To have the widget placed higher on the screen, the digits need to be lower than what they are now.

OK. halfway there now. I have a couple more questions regarding the time widget on here.

I can't figure out where the Time code is as I need to move that down a bit as well as how do I go about changing this thing from 24hr to 12hr format?
Thanks.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    915 KB · Views: 145
  • Widget.html.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Blinded

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2009
OK. halfway there now. I have a couple more questions regarding the time widget on here.

I can't figure out where the Time code is as I need to move that down a bit as well as how do I go about changing this thing from 24hr to 12hr format?
Thanks.

To adjust the position of the clock, look towards the bottom of the Widget.html and you'll find "Clock Display Command - Positioning". Adjust the "top" digits in the "position" line.

To change it to the 12hr format, copy and paste this over your "function updateClock" section in the Widget.html

Code:
function updateClock ( )

{

var currentTime = new Date ( );

var currentHours = currentTime.getHours ( );

var currentMinutes = currentTime.getMinutes ( );

var currentSeconds = currentTime.getSeconds ( );

if (currentMinutes < 0){

currentHours = currentHours - 1;

}

if (currentMinutes > 60){

currentHours = currentHours + 1;

}

currentMinutes = ( currentMinutes < 0 ) ? currentMinutes + 60 : currentMinutes;

currentMinutes = ( currentMinutes > 60 ) ? currentMinutes - 60 : currentMinutes;

<!-- Pad the hours, minutes and seconds with leading zeros, if required -->

currentHours = ( currentHours < 10 ? "0" : "" ) + currentHours;

currentMinutes = ( currentMinutes < 10 ? "0" : "" ) + currentMinutes;

currentSeconds = ( currentSeconds < 10 ? "0" : "" ) + currentSeconds;

<!-- Convert hours component of "12" to "24" -->

currentHours = currentHours;  

currentHours = ( currentHours < 0 ) ? currentHours + 24 : currentHours;

<!-- Convert the hours component to 12-hour format if needed -->

currentHours = ( currentHours > 12 ) ? currentHours - 12 : currentHours;

<!-- Convert hours component from "0" to "12 at Midnight-->

currentHours = ( currentHours == 0 ) ? 12 : currentHours;

<!-- Compose the string for display-->

var currentTimeString = currentHours + ":" + currentMinutes;

<!-- Update the time display-->

if (EnableClock == true){

document.getElementById("clock").firstChild.nodeValue = currentTimeString;

}

if (EnableWordCalendar == true){

document.getElementById("wclock").firstChild.nodeValue = currentTimeString;

}

}

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
To adjust the position of the clock, look towards the bottom of the Widget.html and you'll find "Clock Display Command - Positioning". Adjust the "top" digits in the "position" line.

To change it to the 12hr format, copy and paste this over your "function updateClock" section in the Widget.html

Thanks alot. You're the man :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.