Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Baldilocks

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2012
Delaware, USA
15AE50C5-F2FF-4323-AF24-949EB64690F4.png

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
I know there's been some apps released to make custom widgets - could someone tell me if any of them would allow me to make a widget that just had custom text in it? I want to create a setup where each page has a 'heading' (made from a custom widget) e.g. one page might have a custom widget that just says SOCIAL.
Try Sticky Widgets. They just released an update that supports multiple fonts and background colors.

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
So if IG can offer a few different icon versions, lets hope other app developers do the same. Bare minimum in offering should be a black, a flat and pastel versions...

Would remove the need to use the shortcuts method and these icons would retain the functionality (notifications, sub-menus, etc) of the original

MiniApple

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2020
So if IG can offer a few different icon versions, lets hope other app developers do the same. Bare minimum in offering should be a black, a flat and pastel versions...

Would remove the need to use the shortcuts method and these icons would retain the functionality (notifications, sub-menus, etc) of the original

Trouble is many of them are designed to be attractive / attention grabbers color wise and they want you to spend as much time as possible with(in) their apps...

Would personally also prefer to have choice and for example having one identical color theme for all my icons.
(Setting up the automation workaround is cumbersome alone, then comes the time lag and animation etc. So while it's a solution, it's not for me)

tomtattoo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2013
Berlin
I know there's been some apps released to make custom widgets - could someone tell me if any of them would allow me to make a widget that just had custom text in it? I want to create a setup where each page has a 'heading' (made from a custom widget) e.g. one page might have a custom widget that just says SOCIAL.
WidgetSmith does that.

Reactions: peanuts_of_pathos

Marty_Macfly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2020
The bigger widget show the percentage in addition to the circle...

hi V,

RE: Battery indicator:

I just upgraded to ios14. Same issue with standard view.
I miss the percentage numbers for battery

How do I get this bigger widget you are talking about?

Thanks
Martin

PS: Edit
Just noticed this thread is 47 pages long!.... I’m a bit late to the party :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: VSMacOne
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.